A little Rasta bird: nl50 shot

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

First things first
      Thanks for reading my blog! It's the first one ever for me so sorry if it's a bad blog, I just have to get used to it I guess.

Why a blog?
      I started this because I had a locker room thread and I like posting stuff in there, just random stuff I want to share with the people. Poker or non poker related stuff. But no one reads that so I started this blog. And secondly I think it's nice to keep track of my 'achievements' in poker and set goals for my poker career.

EDIT:
      Who am I?
      My real name is Timothy, I'm 22 years, I'm from the oldest town of Belgium and I'm still a student. I'm studying to become a teacher in electricity and technological education.

The title
      Let me explain the title of my blog first.
      A Rasta is pretty obvious I think... I'm a Rasta. And No I don't smoke Ganja, I don't mind ppl who do, but I don't really feel the urge to smoke Ganja.

True poker style with my glasses on :s_cool:

The little bird is Tweety. My family and friends all call me Tweet. When I was about 10 years old it started with Tweety but the "y" at the end made it to long, so they left the "y" out of my name. But in the end Tweet stands for Tweety: a little bird (with a huge head)

About my poker career
      My FT story
      My brother told me about PS, so I made an account thinking easy $$$ like soo many of us did! I started playing FLHE cash because I was scared of NL and the thought of putting all my money in at once =D Then I started playing NLHE but I was smart enough to start with NL2 :s_biggrin:
      Then I figures SnG's was a much faster way to earn $$$ so I started playing SnG's and nearly busted my whole role... I had about $5 left.

At this time I started to use my mind and I started to study Poker. So I went back to NL2 and started playing the daily belgium freeroll on FT. I came 2nd twice and some min cashes. So now I recovered some of my roll. Then I stopped playing the freerolls and started playing Rush and made a lot of profit in a very short time (like the graph shows). So I builded up to $180 or so and moved up to NL5. And then Black Friday "stole" my whole BR :(
      My giraffe when I started playing Rush

My Party Poker story
      I was lucky enough to experience the generosity of PokerStrategy because they gave me a second BR on Party Poker. And there isn't much to say tbh. I never liked Party, hated it from the first day... So I cleared the 'bonus', took my BR and ran :D I went to 888poker.

My 888poker story
      So I took my BR and put it on 888 poker. This was the 13th of January I think. I deposited $80, they gave my $90 and I builded it up to $170 now. I made most of my profit on NL2FR. Then I moved up to NL6FR when my BR was about $130, played there for a couple of days. Then I moved to SH and been slightly winning on SH. I'm just getting used to SH now and I really like it!
      My graph on 888 so far

And this graph shows how I'm doing on the NL6 SH tables. I can make a proper profit but very fast after that I loose it all again...

Goals in poker
      :spade: Watch all the episodes of "pink performance" and "move it move it" by TwiceT
      :spade: Watch even more videos.
      :spade: Do my best in the poker study group that I'm in.
      :spade: Read all the silver articles
      :spade: Review all my sessions!
      :spade: Post some hands for evaluation every day!
      :spade: Move up to NL10 Soon.
      :spade: Be a winning player on NL10.
      :spade: Move up to NL25, but I can't put a timeframe on that.

I don't know if these are any good, it's the first time I really set goals for myself, Don't know what to put in them... We'll see, maybe I'll Edit it later again.

Music
      And last but not least music! Music is very important to me! I listen mostly DUB. And no thats not Dubstep, I listen to Reggae DUB! So huge scoops, Huge baselines, Meditation style!!
      King Earthquake's soundsystem. I think he has double this, providing proper Bass to shake every organ in your body!

Following videos I'm listening now.

The end
      I hope I covered all with this first post. I will try to update often enough. I don't have any goals for now to type here. I first need to think about them properly.

I hope this was 'interesting' to read. I know my english isn't the best in here but I try to make it an enjoyable read.

Regards
      RasTweet
  • 792 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Favorited! :f_cool:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome to the Blogging world RasTweet :) Been a long time coming!

Ever thought of joining a Live Poker game with those monster shades? :f_biggrin:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Ever thought of joining a Live Poker game with those monster shades? :f_biggrin:
      Well yeah actually I did think about that, BUT I never played in a real game before :f_frown: But there is a downside. I think it reflects soo much that the other ppl would be able to see my cards.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      EDIT to my first post
      EDIT:
      Who am I?
      My real name is Timothy, I'm 22 years, I'm from the oldest town of Belgium and I'm still a student. I'm studying to become a teacher in electricity and technological education.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hey mate,

wish you good luck with blogging & of course poker!

The sound system looks sicko. :D Guess some people couldn't sleep near it.

Have any specific goals for poker?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome welcome :) looking forward to this tweety ;) !
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Tweet :)

Nice start. Do you have any specific short or long term goals that you are aiming for with this blog or just recording your progress and seeing where it leads you?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey Tweet :)

Nice start. Do you have any specific short or long term goals that you are aiming for with this blog or just recording your progress and seeing where it leads you?
      There will be goals later on. Starting this blog is a huge thing for me already. Going to take some time to think about my goals. I don't want to do it all to quick and have rubbish goals in the end.
      But I think somewhere next week I'll be editing my first post again with my goals in it.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

Under this post you can find a new graph. I played FR for quiet a long time and a couple of ppl told me to start playing SH. I gave it a shot a couple of times, but I really hated it!
      I moved up from NL2 to NL6 and on NL6 there are only a couple of FR tables. On one day there weren't really any good tables, so I decided to give SH an other go. And since that day I haven't played FR anymore. I really like SH now, but still have to get used to a bit. I'm playing a 17/12 which might be a bit tight but this is the result.

I'm busy with my goals, I'll update my first post later this week.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Cool graph chea...I mean Ras, keep it up :s_thumbsup:
    • rCarlsson
      rCarlsson
      Bronze
      Nice start, SH is the way to go! =)

17/12 is definetly tight and abit of a big gap betwwen vpip and pfr but better to start of that way and loosen up abit at a time when you feel comfortable.

GL :f_cool:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

sorry could not help myself!!

Good luck with your poker :f_thumbsup:

Roo
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

sorry could not help myself!!

Good luck with your poker :f_thumbsup:

Roo
      Really made me laugh! Really cool song!

It all started because I really liked watching Tweety. Thanks for posting that Roo!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Todays session went pretty well! Here's the graph. I'm going to review my session tomorrow. But pretty happy with the result today! Played 4 tables of NL6 SH.

Music for today! Thanks to Numbnutter!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Ras, Ras, Hes our man, if he can't do it, NO ONE CAN!

Awesome session :D

When are you going to get around to added your goals huh? :evil:
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Yea, set some goals, but don't cheat yourself :coolface:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

Had an other day of running hot! :D Graph needs no explanation.

BR: $236.43 Never had a bigger BR! =D

Music for today is a very old classic tune!

And Yeah going to type my goals out now.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      EDIT in first post 2 times. I first wrote Bronze articles and I meant silver of course :p

Goals in poker
      :spade: Watch all the episodes of "pink performance" and "move it move it" by TwiceT
      :spade: Watch even more videos.
      :spade: Do my best in the poker study group that I'm in.
      :spade: Read all the silver articles
      :spade: Review all my sessions!
      :spade: Post some hands for evaluation every day!
      :spade: Move up to NL10 Soon.
      :spade: Be a winning player on NL10.
      :spade: Move up to NL25, but I can't put a timeframe on that.

I don't know if these are any good, it's the first time I really set goals for myself, Don't know what to put in them... We'll see, maybe I'll Edit it later again.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Nice one Ras, it will be great to see you move up soon so let's hope that goal goes according to plan.

Keep it fun. :)