.:: ajfonso blog: [10NLfr] Main target: Solid, longterm style

• ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm Jonas Afonso from the Netherlands. I'm 18 years old and in my last year of school.

I started playing poker 2 years ago and I registered with pokerstrategy. I build up a roll of $1500 and lost most of it. My current bankroll is about 200$. I started playing SSS and moved on to BSS when I had a roll of $150. With $480 I moved up to 25NL and I had a lot of difficulties with that limit. I was playing a little bit breakeven untill I chose to move back a limit. Then I played a 4,4$ 180sng on stars and finished first to win 216$. With 600$ in my account I played 25NLsh and won big. I guess variance was on my side. Then with 980$ I moved up to 50NLsh wich went absolutely superb. 50nl is probably much softer that 25NL on stars and on party so I enjoyed the non-aggressive games. Then on one night I was pretty tired but I still wanted to grind so I descided to grind $200NLsss with $1500. I still knew all the rules because I played sss in the beginning. But on 200NL the people played so overaggro against me that I am certain I got bluffshoved over my middle pairs a few times. I did not have any idea of advanced sss. Combined with a bad run of losing every coinflip I lost bit by bit in the next couple of hours and I did not move down untill I had only 650$ left. Totally miserable I went to sleep. The next two months I've been playing superswingy slightely losing with lots of tilt and a few good sessions.

My leaks are FPS and tilt. I really enjoy playing sh38/36/3,5 but it just brutally fails when you're on tilt while playing fr13/12/3,5 does not do so much damage at all. My gameplan is to stick to a tagbased style up to 21/20/3sh and 15/12/3fr.

Now I'm back where I starded with 200$ to grind 10NL. But I do want to play some cards and get better at controlling tilt and stuff because I know I can definately beat some selected 200NLsh games.

Now upcoming 4 weeks I'm mega busy with finishing school. After school I descided to do a combo of working and poker. I'm planning to grind a lot next summer vacation.'

I'm going to start a blog, set goals and post LOADZ of hands to improve my game. I'll probably grind 10NLfr and 25NLfr pokerstars untill I have 650$ and then I will play 25NLsh at party poker because I really like the room.

If anyone has tips please post 'em!
  • 13 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Hey ajfonso,

nice read. I'm currently at the same stage. Grinding up at NL10 to move to NL25SH as fast as possible. I prefer a bankroll of about 30 stacks to play shorthanded games due to the higher variance... Visit my blog mate ;)
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      gl jonas ;)
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      thnx leo
    • Maarten84
      Maarten84
      Bronze
      Glad to see you listened to our advice Jonas :) .. good luck mate.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Gold
      Nice to see you are starting a blog,

I have a tip for avoiding tilt: take a look at the psychological strategy-articles. You'll benefit from it. Good luck
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      I have made some kind of an accomplishment last two days! I didn't tilt on my 7BI downswing O.o I kind of didn't care about it too much. Maybe it is the stake or something... Im really happy about it because somehow I even feel really good about my game and the hands I played. To be really honest. I made like 3 bad calls. One where I flopped the nuts 33 on 344 when the turn and river came 344 2 2 I just didn't see it and called the J4 dude xD but I only loughed about myself at that moment. One other bad call was when I had 33 on K34 2 5 where he ofcourse had AK. That one was definately a tiltcall because I knew even before I called he had AK. On the other hand I don't care because either way if we would have been all in on the flop the same turn and river would come. (I think so... )

Anyways Im really happy about my stats wich are 17/14/3
      And since I don't lose money without showdown I think my game is good.

btw this is all 10NLsh
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      And, how are you doing now?
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze

Nothing really,

My stats are still nice and tight! average =

17,84/ 15,35/ (7,23/ 4,33/ 2,18 )

Attempt to steal blinds=
      28,16%

Won $ when saw flop=
      47,45%

went to showdown=
      23%

won $ @ showdown=

======================================

I played a very funny hand where I had A9s and raised from the CO.

D called me and we saw a 599 flop.

I cbet 0,60 into 1 and he minraises to 1,2, I minraise to 2,4 he calls,

Turn is an A

I check he bets 2 I minraise to 4 he calls

river K I'm all-in, he folds xD

Max value from bluffs :D

ltr!
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      So to finish this day I'm gonna make a final update.

I had one sick upswing including a 4 way all-in with a massive 500bb pot!!!!!!! -> http://www.pokerhand.org/?2570509

I did not raise my fours because the table was crazy. The guy right left to me called every bet and raise and the other muppit did the same. They did not fold postflop either so I just decided to hit or fold.

Anywayz, after this hand many other stax followed and I won like 4 to 5 Bi in like 7 minutes very fucking strange :)

There is one other hand I think is pretty interesting:
      http://www.pokerhand.org/?2570560

what to do with the turn donk O.o His stats were 60/11/2,88. Either way the call flop don turn looked just really stupid and with his agfactor and vpip combined I descided to just go with my hand.

Ehmm... Oh right the graph, here it is:

cheers!
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      I played some 5NLhu against an mediocre player. His aggression postflop en preflop were really good. He managed to bluff me a few times, c/r my cbets in a few spots.

I definately had an edge on him that was because he called way to much OOP (any preflop raise and 3-bet). The other leak he had was folding sick much on cbets. He only did the c/r on occasions but in the longrun my cbets were probably profitable. There was one hand were I c/r him all in with my flushdraw on the turn and he folded for a huge 60bb pot. And another time where I had a hand an he called my c/r to fold on the river.

Then there came an ugly cooler were I had A2 on a A2xhhh flop and I got it in on a safe turn to see that he flopped a flush.

Anyway these flopped flushes happen real often to me :( The headsup was fun though I hate it that the guy hit and runned but anyway it was a good experience.
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      Brutally raped on micros :D This means im gonna move down a limit or play and cashover from other sites.

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Gold
      Ouch that last graph really hurts Good luck on your recovery ;)
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      im broke.

but Ill start over if I get my loan.