SB: $21.74
      BB: $5.45
      Hero (UTG): $22.46
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $32.12
      BTN: $8.32

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :club: K :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.35) 8 :heart: 2 :diamond: 7 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.01, CO calls $1.01, BTN folds

Turn: ($3.37) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2

River: ($7.37) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.68, Hero folds

CO is a 26/9 AF 0.8 over 711 hands

So i think flop and turn are pretty standard vs 99-QQ and flushdraws Axh, 9T

I decide to c/f the river. His flushdraw hands mostly contain Ax, 99-QQ would just c back here, he is so passive so i dont think he would turn a straight draw into a bluff here. He could aswell have a slowplayed 2 pair or set.

Any thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Seems to me like set or JJ ,QQ or AK type of hands. You can see alot of players on these limits having a hard time to fold JJ ,QQ or AK so they just call down with a low board hoping you don`t have anything and hoping to hit something themselves. On the turn I would actually bet stronger like 80% or 90% of the pot
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      Seems to me like set or JJ ,QQ or AK type of hands. You can see alot of players on these limits having a hard time to fold JJ ,QQ or AK so they just call down with a low board hoping you don`t have anything and hoping to hit something themselves. On the turn I would actually bet stronger like 80% or 90% of the pot
      true i would bet turn bigger. However i dont see him betting JJ or QQ here
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Ace on the river actually is a good card for him if he has JJ or QQ and you actually give the man a chance to bluff at you after checking river since you show that youre afraid of the ace by checking.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      Ace on the river actually is a good card for him if he has JJ or QQ and you actually give the man a chance to bluff at you after checking river since you show that youre afraid of the ace by checking.
      Note that villain has AF 0.8, also this works as a scare card, if i bet it i might get some folds i dont want. just risking money vs better hands.

If we knew villain was capable of blufing i like a check call here to let him bluff worse hands. Dont see any point in betting here tho.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Bet bigger on the turn and protect your hand there. But otherwise of course kind of ugly spot I would either just block-bet myself there or just Check/Fold it, doubt that he is bluffing much while even having very passive play-style.

Best Regards.