This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, KK on low drawy board

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1708083
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $21.74
      BB: $5.45
      Hero (UTG): $22.46
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $32.12
      BTN: $8.32

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :club: K :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.35) 8 :heart: 2 :diamond: 7 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.01, CO calls $1.01, BTN folds

Turn: ($3.37) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2

River: ($7.37) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.68, Hero folds

CO is a 26/9 AF 0.8 over 711 hands

So i think flop and turn are pretty standard vs 99-QQ and flushdraws Axh, 9T

I decide to c/f the river. His flushdraw hands mostly contain Ax, 99-QQ would just c back here, he is so passive so i dont think he would turn a straight draw into a bluff here. He could aswell have a slowplayed 2 pair or set.

Any thoughts?
  • 5 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Seems to me like set or JJ ,QQ or AK type of hands. You can see alot of players on these limits having a hard time to fold JJ ,QQ or AK so they just call down with a low board hoping you don`t have anything and hoping to hit something themselves. On the turn I would actually bet stronger like 80% or 90% of the pot
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      Seems to me like set or JJ ,QQ or AK type of hands. You can see alot of players on these limits having a hard time to fold JJ ,QQ or AK so they just call down with a low board hoping you don`t have anything and hoping to hit something themselves. On the turn I would actually bet stronger like 80% or 90% of the pot
      true i would bet turn bigger. However i dont see him betting JJ or QQ here
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Ace on the river actually is a good card for him if he has JJ or QQ and you actually give the man a chance to bluff at you after checking river since you show that youre afraid of the ace by checking.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      Ace on the river actually is a good card for him if he has JJ or QQ and you actually give the man a chance to bluff at you after checking river since you show that youre afraid of the ace by checking.
      Note that villain has AF 0.8, also this works as a scare card, if i bet it i might get some folds i dont want. just risking money vs better hands.

If we knew villain was capable of blufing i like a check call here to let him bluff worse hands. Dont see any point in betting here tho.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

Bet bigger on the turn and protect your hand there. But otherwise of course kind of ugly spot I would either just block-bet myself there or just Check/Fold it, doubt that he is bluffing much while even having very passive play-style.

Best Regards.