$2.38
      BB:
      $0.68
      UTG2:
      $2.06
      MP1:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      MP1 posts deadblind, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 9, Q, 7 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.1) Q (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.1) A (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $0.3.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows two pairs, aces and queens(A J).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(T A).

UTG2 wins with two pairs, aces and queens(A J).

I have to fold here always yes ?
  • 10 replies
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Why dont you isolate preflop? Limpers range is probably very wide and you are ahead here very often.
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      It is NL2 isolotion does'nt work everybody calls and you don't know were you are with your hand.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NoMistakes
      It is NL2 isolotion does'nt work everybody calls and you don't know were you are with your hand.
      I think it works fine on NL2, you have to realize if everyone calls its a good thing because often enough you are ahead and if you flop anything good you will get value.

So how does just calling give you more info where you are in the hand?
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      I call and if don't hit i fold on the flop or check it down.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Edit missunderstood
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      I won't say what I don't trust you , I just keep the conversation and say how I play this and I am happy to change my game if I need to.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NoMistakes
      I won't say what I don't trust you , I just keep the conversation and say how I play this and I am happy to change my game if I need to.
      Sorry if i overreacted. So basically my oppinion is this.

If you raise with AT here which is a pretty strong hand in position you can get calls from alot worse preflop. So now when you raise its more likely to play vs the one u isolate.

When you have a stronger hand in position the situation is often very profitable. For instance in this hand on the Q9x board i would just c-bet and expect to take it down pretty often. He will have a hard time calling with much here and there we see a profit.

If he calls he is most likely ahead and we can just give up unless we improve on the turn.

When we do hit we can bet for value and hope he calls.

So basically this gives us the option to take down the pot even though we might not have the strongest hand.

And if he is what you say calling everything, I would still isolate him and if we dont hit just check it down. If we hit just bet for value.
    • NoMistakes
      NoMistakes
      Bronze
      It seems much more clear now as you wrote it in details. Okey now in these kind of spots I will try to play as you said by isolating and making a cbet on flop if I miss.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello NoMistakes,

Preflop: Isolate with such hands, you don't want to play it in multiway pot. You could easily pick up the money right here by making everyone fold here or by CBetting postflop with the initiative or could even hit your hand strong and then gain even more value.

As played
      Postflop: If you think they may have even worse Ax hands then calling of course should be fine. Cause I still would expect them to Bet with Qx on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Yes, I agree at NL2 eventually you don't get too many players to fold (and especially where Im playing ... trust me ;) )

but as you say, "... I don't know where im in the hand" but it is the same if you call/check isn't it?

and as the Coach say, you will build a pot for the times when you got them!

So, my opinion here is to raise pre-flop and as played, again as the Coach say if you believe or got a read on villain that may call from behind yes, but in general after the previous streets action Im entitle to fold after his bet there. :)