BrokeSoBroke - No Career, just for Fun.

• BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Hi, my Boyfriend plays on here and got me going.

I've been playing for a long time now. I got the $50 PS gave me and I managed to lose it down to $2.25. With some luck, I was able to recover and built it up to $250. :) I didn't have enough to play a $2.40sng, so I put the money in 5c/10c NL, and once I hit $2.40, I quit.

Joined the $2 sng, and won 1st. Joined $5 sng with winnings and won 2. I know it's against BRM, but with $2.25 it was do or die. Hehe. So now that BR at Titan is up to $250. I also had some money transferred to me by my BF and he gave me $1300 on Pokerstars. It's sitting at $1600 now. He also gave me $300 on UB. He's a nice guy.

So he told me to try the $15+1 Turbo SnG on PS, but I tried it and it doesn't suit me because the speed is too fast. I've been trying the $10+1 NON TURBO SnG.

Someone please tell me if this makes any sense.

$5+0.50 SnG - ROI 33.75 - 280 games
      $10+1 SnG - ROI 5 - 62 games

I find that people aren't playing that much different on the $11sng, but I don't see how my ROI can drop that dramatically. I know I can beat this because it's not that much different from $5.50 sng's.

I'll update this with my current BR at Titan which I will be playing $11 SnG. I know it's not 50BI's but I can always switch back to UB or PS.

CURRENT BR $235 ($152euros) Don't ask me why I chose Euros hehe.
  • 22 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      ROI of 33,5 after 1180 games? Very very nice! SICK SICK SICK!

Good luck at 11$ SnG, with 33,5 ROI on 5.5$SnG your ROI will grow for sure. Good luck.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Sorry about that. That was a typo. It's 280 SnG's at $5.50. Not 1180.
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      Still an impressive roi, gl with the move up :)
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Thank you very much! I just recently gave birth (4 months ago) to a baby boy. So I'm not able to play as much. I try to get in 1hour of 25c/50cNL and 1hour of SnG each day.

I know it's not much but it beats playing Solitaire or Hearts/Spades. I can remember a time when I would play on Microsoft Zone for 7-8hours a day for just a rating. :) Now I can play poker and make enough money to buy extra things for my baby. Hehe.

Poker is a fun game, but it can be so painful at times.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi BrokesoBroke

Nice to see a new blog. Try to stick to the bankrollmanagment, it was made of a lot experience, so it makes sense to follow such rules. I also advise to listen to the coachings. It´s always good to listen to experienced players.
      I wish you all the best. Keep us informed about your progress.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Yes, but I have enough money to play $30 SNG with about 70BI's. But I am very conservative and when I know for sure I can beat a level, then I will move up.

I know that you can get an ROI of 20 on $11 sng's but I'm just starting to build it back up. Once my ROI hits at least 15, then I will move up to $22sng's.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Played only 2 SnG's today.

Place 1st and 2nd.

Played well and very interesting how my husband is doing just as well as I am. He's been coaching me through and he's won 9 out of his last 10 SnG's as well.

I wouldn't call this an upswing, it's more like the site owes me. :) My ROI has gone from 5 up to 12.5 so at least it's getting up to where it should be. I am guessing it's just variance and a lot of bad luck why my ROI was so low to start the $11 SnG's.

Bankroll: $189 Euros ($293 USD)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Nice winning streak ;) Keep up the good performances and keep us updated.

Good luck!
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Hi guys!

I decided since I have a nice BR on Pokerstars to try their $16 Turbo SnG because that is what seems to be working for a few of the guys here on this site.

I played 2 at a time, and played only 4 of them but from what I see, the level of players is not very different from $11 SnG...

I managed a 1st , 2nd, 5th, and 7th (poor play against an aggressive player pushing him all in with Kd4d in BB because he kept stealing my blinds hehe, of course he had AK.) But it was my mistake for letting things get to me. I lost 5th because AK flopped A and went all in, A9 called me and rivered a 9. But all in all, seems possible to play.

I hope I can play this level and keep the ROI high, if I can, I will move up to a higher limit as soon as I have BR for 100 BI's.

I haven't played Titan for the past few days. Trying to clear this $120 bonus on pokerstars hehe.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Don't look now, but watch out you guys playing $16 Turbo SnG's on PS! :)

Last 12 tournies:

First: 3
      Second: 4
      Out of Money: 5

LOL, whatever you do don't look at my ROI for $16sng on PS. :P It's like pretty horribly awfully high. :)

Looks good. I normally play 4 SNG's on my screen. But it's more like 2 successive games. I'll play 2, then when blinds are 50-100/75-150 then I'll start the next 2. Works great.

Of course I can remember 2 of the tournies I lost to 6/2 suited and 7/8 offsuit. So *IF* I didn't have those two bad losses, I'd be up a bit more. :)

I'll update how it goes for this level, but I don't think over 100 ROI is possible to keep up. (OR IS IT???????) hehe.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Sorry for posting all these accomplishments. I have never had this kind of winning streak before. And it's at a new level for me.

Played 2 more $16 sng turbo's and heading off to bed.

Won 1st and 3rd.

Sharkscope = SUPER HOT! :)

Don't worry, I'm waiting for the downswing to hit me.
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      I wish I had a Girlfriend to give me 2000$ here and there to play poker.
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I knew it was coming! :)

5 - $16 Turbo SnG

I lost with QQ against JJ all in preflop.
      I lost with A10 against a limper AA preflop.
      I lost with AQ flop QJ9, pocket 10s check raise allin. (ewww...)
      I lost with KK against 88 allin preflop, flop 8.
      I lost with AK in BB against button raise AJ, I pushed. I lose!!!

So the end of these tournaments make me think that I'm not lucky enough to play $16 hehe. But I do still have ROI of 70 but sample is still toooooo small. :P It WAS over 100 for a while until this happened!
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      ** IMPORTANT **

I didn't make the money in any of them. :(
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Hi Guys!

AFTER A LONG BREAK off I gave birth to a son. Now he's 1 years old and I'm now able to play the game I loved again.

I cashed out all my Bankroll for personal reason and now am rebuilding it back up.

Whatever you do, don't lookup BrokeSoBroke on FT! :P

I'm grinding the $5 SnG's again. I just deposited $50 and I have money to back it up so don't worry about BRM.

BR is at $240 atm. I will be going to $10 soon as I am beating $5 with ease. Of course I am no longer playing TURBO because I don't think it requires as much skill as regular SnG's.

Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BSB
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      I don't know if I'm good at these SnG's or I tend to get on really good winning streaks????

Since coming back, it seems that I win consistently everytime I play a set of 5, I manage to money at least 3 of them. I hope it's not luck and that I'm playing well.

Who knows, maybe someday I can coach if I can prove myself! :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Congratz on the birth of your son, the best thing.

I think if you are winning consistently you must have something good in your game. Even if variance is with you, you still need to make the right decisions more than not, and it seems you do.

Cheers, may your good form continue, and Merry Xmas.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      To me it seems you beat the hell out of your opponents at those SNGs. ROi of 38% is damn nice although sample size is not so big looks damn nice. I wish i would play so good ;)
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Lets see how I do when I move up.

I would love to become a teacher of this game. Some people say holding up a 5% ROI is very good. But I think it's possible to have around 10-15% ROI.

I have ROI of over 25% since I've started playing serious over 2k tourneys. This is on Mansion, Titan and FT.

We'll see and I hope to talk to you guys further.