25NL Stats Analysis

• mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Hey, been playing full ring for a while, I crushed 2NL and 5NL then had a rough start to 10NL but after a few days I was winning at a steady rate at 10NL. 16NL I'm like breakeven, down slightly over not many hands, but 25NL I am getting destroyed at, I feel like I'm playing the same game and not tilting so I dunno what's going on... Here are the stats for 25NL, I can post the stats for all my hands if needed but theres some 6 max and CAP games in there so it alters my stats... Hopefully someone can find some leaks so I can start beating 25NL ! :<

Cheers. :)
  • 9 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Could you please add "unopened pfr%" or "raise 1st in" in the Leakbuster Positional stats?

At fisrt sight, you are just facing better opponents and don't know how to outplay them but will go into more detail after you post that since it's important for working on your BU, SB and BB play. That's where you leak money by the looks of it and on BU you should be crushing!

Regards,
      Manu.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Yeah I know, if I showed you the results for my 2NL, 5NL and 10NL you'll see I'm crushing in position, just losing in blinds. :P I just don't know what's going on, I feel like I have been running very bad (not just an excuse ;) ) but today had a couple hands, was $80 pot in deep ante 25NL table, got it all in on turn with KK vs 99 and river hits 9. Another one where I check-raised turn with top set, guy calls with gut shot and hits river and I get stacked, and another one in Zoom where I 3bet QQ and fish donk shoves flop, I call he runner runner flush with 9Ts... After those hands I stopped the session to post here :P .

I'm not quite sure where you find those filters I added "vs unopened PFR", that's the best one I could find If it's not the correct one then let me know I'll try find another.

Here are some of the stats for 10NL. I do feel I am running really bad at 25NL but was just wondering how bad can this downswing be lol.

Thanks.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It's the right stat.

As I thought, you open too much in SB. If they fold a lot either pre or on the flop you can open wide in SB but at the same time it means you should be able to open a lot more in BU!

Your 61% SB steal is going to be too high long term, while the 51% in BU is average but can go 10% more easily.

Next on the list is 3betting. Apart from the blinds where you resteal a bit wider, you 3bet a static range in all positions even at NL10. On NL25 people do what you did to beat NL10 and know this game. In order to beat them you need to be more dynamic here.

Here are 2 threads which should help with the 3betting bit:

AK and QQ preflop on lower stakes

What's more important while 3betting, history or stats?

The unlucky hands you talk about suck ofc but as you can see, your EV isn't great either and just from looking at stats I found a couple of obvious spots where you can improve.

You also don't play back enough in the BB vs SB I believe. When it's SB vs BB you should be on the attack as BB since you have position preflop and postflop. Apart from that, SB will usually open way to wide, just like you do. :D Being IP vs a weak range is your sign to attack and put pressure. This doesn't mean spazz out!

Final thing for preflop would be the 4bet stat. I think it's a tad to low but it goes hand in hand with your statci 3betting range so that should change if you get into the 3bet/4bet/5bet dynamic with some "regs".

What would mostly help you is having more experience in postflop as well. There's a good chance you have a hard time with adjusting to some regulars and when you also get unlucky the results really take a hit!

Become active in your learning, post hands, watch videos AND take notes (not just watch for entertainment value), do sweats with players a bit more experienced than you.

Good luck!
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply, lots of helpful stuff. I have actually been working a lot on the stealing / re-stealing, if I showed you the stats for last 10k hands or something it would be a bit different. It's the big pots I seem to always lose on. Another hand I played today where I raised SB with K5s and BB reg with high re-steal 3bet me, I 4bet and he called, flop was K59 rainbow, we got it all in and he showed K9. -.-

But yeah, AK and QQ are hands I struggle with, especially when there is action infront of me. For example when someone from middle raises, BU 3bet and I'm in BB with hands like AK/QQ/JJ I'm not sure of the best play... Especially when they are TAG regs in the pot... 4bet and fold to shove vs tag? fold? call and play the pot oop? shove??

I only ever really 4bet for value or its quite rare I do it against a re-steal. I will try to find more profitable spots to 4bet, thank you for pointing that out, and I have been defending my BB against SB raises more in the later hands.

I'm feeling like I've hit a brick wall in cash games, thinking about going back to SNGs, I can't remember ever feeling this bad from a SNG downswing compared to this. ;P
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      K5 vs K9 was obviously a cooler and I like your 4bet. It could be you are simply having the worst run of your life or feels like you are. Usually it's during this time you work most on your game. :)

TAG is just some limits of VPIP/PFR, it doesn't show enough tendencies so it's up to you to go through you database and see what they 3bet/4bet/call off, what they cbet, what they check back, how thin they value bet and all that sort of stuff.

About 3bet/4bet/5bet game... It's often the case that the profit from getting all in with a hand is less than what you get from how often they fold to one of your signs of aggression. That's most visible with hands like AK and QQ against opponents that won't be happy to get it in with worse. Those 2 hands have about 40% equity against a AK, QQ+ range but USUALLY make money from when you shove and they fold some 4bet bluffs or they call 3bet with worse.

Regarding BB, don't defend it to passively. Put the pressure on with 3bets especially against people you see raising many hands and then calling the 3bet OOP.

You slowly have to gain the experience and confidence that you can outplay anyone at the table or at least that nobody at the table can outplay you!

Cheers.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Not sure if my 4bet was too small to get a fold though... Think he reraised $2.25 and I 4bet to $5 maybe $5.25 can't remember -.- It does feel like I am having the worst run... So with my example... MP opens $0.75, BU 3bets to $2.25 and I'm in BB with AKo... What's the best play here? (Assuming both are TAG regs) Or even against two unknown players? Or even if the CO or SB 4bets before me?

The times where I raise AK or QQ from Late position and SB or BB 3bets I'm usually happy to 4bet and get it all in or fold against really nitty players.

I just checked my Holdem Manager for the Holecards winning/losing money and turns out QQ, AKo and JJ are my biggest 3 losing hands at 25NL.

I was just starting to build my confidence at 10NL, like 80% of my sessions were winning ones, but thats all gone now lol, I'm seriously considering playing SNGs again.

Thanks for the help by the way, really appreciate it.

P.S Just popped to Asda to get some energy drinks, ready for a long session tonight. :P Gonna start playing 10NL/16NL and move to 25NL if I'm winning. ;)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Tough spot and IMO, it's hard to make any action if you don't know how light BU would 3bet that specific MP. That's the whole difficulty of it.

You can call since you assume you are ahead of their range but would play a big pot OOP 3way which sucks.

You can fold and sigh and seeing them check down 78s vs 99.

You can 4bet as a bluff (best blockers ever in AK) and fold to shoves which sucks given the odds you get when you do get shoved on.

You can 4bet and call it off and have the stomach and bankroll to face 6 AA+KK combos, 6 QQ combos and 9 AK combos.

It's simply a spot where without any real information just random guys that seem TAGs and play a couple of tables the decision is close to even whatever you do since you will be quite likely to be wrong a decent amount.

In SH I would more often than not stack off since I also gain info on their play but in FR there are more MPs and the earlier the MP the tighter his range so the worse off you should be when stacking off in theory.

I'm sorry I can't give you a straight forward answer to this, it's just that close.

Manu.

PS: I like the 20-22bb sizing of your 4bet since if he ever calls he calls to hit. Just make sure you adjust you cbetting size to about 1/4-1/3 pot depending on what stacks you have behind so you don't bet/fold a big amount and you can still barrel just like in a 3bet pot. Good luck! :s_thumbsup:
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hi!
      sorry for offtopic post, but I wanted to make a similar stats analysis for my NL10 game, and I am just wondering how to get these tables in HEM2, I cannot find anything similar to this whatsoever..
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by benaars
      Hi!
      sorry for offtopic post, but I wanted to make a similar stats analysis for my NL10 game, and I am just wondering how to get these tables in HEM2, I cannot find anything similar to this whatsoever..
      Reports -> Add More Reports -> Leak Buster -> Positional. That's probably the most important report for a quick glance at your overall game.

Regards,
      Manu.