[NL2-NL10] nl 10 AKS

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)

MP2 ($1.90)
      CO ($13.55)
      Button ($10.30)
      SB ($10.20)
      BB ($5.05)
      Hero ($1.85)
      UTG+1 ($1.95)
      MP1 ($9.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.4, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, 6, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.8, MP1 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.55) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.65.

River: ($4.44) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.85

Results in white below:
      Hero has Kd Ad (one pair, fours).
      MP1 has 3c 3h (two pair, fours and threes).
      Outcome: MP1 wins $3.85.

Was it played okay? On flop I bet slightly more than 3/4 of pot. I want to represent like I have smth, and on the turn I'm already commited, so I go all in. Would it be better to push it on flop? But the strategy says, u go all in if your stack is 1.3 of pot (mine is 1.5) ?

thanks
  • 9 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      push flop.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I'd say that you have more or less two options here because your stack was approximately 1,5x pot:

1. You make a contibet with a push because your stack is just 1,5x pot size, so push would be ok and it gives you some more FE and you can still improve with your two overcards in case you get called.

2. You can decide to be more conservative due to out of position and you make a regular contibet of 2/3 of the pot (0.6$ in your case) and you give up the hand if you get reraise or called and you don't improve with the turn card, because there is no point in paying off your opponent if he shows any action.

So, if you decide to go broke, you play option 1, but if you decide for option 2 then keep the money that remains yours after the contibet. But if your stack: pot size is less than 1,5x you should push flop with two overcards if you are facing one opponent and you are first to act.

P.S.: Playing at FTP NL10 is really bad choice, because I used to play there and all the money I could make was with the rakeback since at FTP they take 0,05$ per 0,5$ in the pot. So, I would suggest you to move to NL25(because of 0,05$ rake per 1$ in the pot) or choose another site for NL10. I think that SSS edge is not big enough to play with 10% rake.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      thanks, I should have pushed it I know now :D

Yeah I agree burek, grinding on nl10 is a big pain in the butt.Too many shortstacks and too little cash. I've also only got any ''real'' money from rakeback, this month especially a good amount of cash. I'm playing nl25 now also, but if I loose a lot (I started with 110 (yeah I know bankroll management), got down to 75 -playing in the morning sucks, too few bad players :D - and now I made it back to 115), and fell below 60, I must do nl10 again. I think I remember you from nl10 tables thou. You're from slovenia also right?
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matkov
      and on the turn I'm already commited, so I go all in. Would it be better to push it on flop?
      Quite funny:
      You're asking the question.
      And you already gave the reason for the answer, but you forgot to answer it correctly.

You should push the flop because you're committed on the turn anyway.
      Gives you more fold equity.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      thanks man, I hope I'll get it from now on :D
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matkov
      thanks, I should have pushed it I know now :D

Yeah I agree burek, grinding on nl10 is a big pain in the butt.Too many shortstacks and too little cash. I've also only got any ''real'' money from rakeback, this month especially a good amount of cash. I'm playing nl25 now also, but if I loose a lot (I started with 110 (yeah I know bankroll management), got down to 75 -playing in the morning sucks, too few bad players :D - and now I made it back to 115), and fell below 60, I must do nl10 again. I think I remember you from nl10 tables thou. You're from slovenia also right?
      Yes I remember you too from NL10 and few hours ago I saw you at NL25. :) ...and, yes, I am also from Slovenia, we'll conquer the FTP. ;) What can I say, I hope your bankroll remains above 60$ and that you stay at NL25 because here you can actually win some money by playing I made 30$ profit since I moved from NL10 to NL25. See you at the tables!:)
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      hehe, thanks, good luck to you too. Or at least no bad luck!
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,I understand burek2000 options very well,but in this case you should be more conservative.Against unknown opp I`d rather c/f,even not make cbet,because you are out of position and flop is coordinated to me(FD ,maybe some straight draw).Your draw TP can be already behind.If you decide to do cbet,do it as usually 2/3 pot size,so 0.6-0.65 and fold if you not improved.When you want to play your overcards aggressively you should know well your opp(reads,stats).
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Two Options:
      1. Give up the hand, because you hardly can represent something here, besides a Flushdraw and an Overpair, so if your opponent is very loose calling, its better to give it up.

2. You push for the same reasons, because you can only present an Overpair etc, and you do it, because you know your Opponent would only call Two Pair or better here and maybe the Nutflushdraw.