English Community Forum Changes: Feedback Wanted

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

We will be making some changes regarding the English forum structure the upcoming Monday and this is going to be our dedicated feedback thread.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • 31 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Which ones are disappearing?
      Is there a link we can go to where the new structure is visible?

Tough to give feedback until we've seen something tangible.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Sorry guys, at least the link to the news should be here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Changes-to-English-Community-Forum-Structure-on-May-14_59559/

In a nutshell:
      - some lesser used forums will be merged into others, e.g. "Poker Media" will become a part of "General Poker Discussion"
      - some things will get a better place - e.g. feedback threads to coachings will be in the strategy discussion forums of the respective game type
      - small talk & off topic will be merged

Maybe Ingrid will provide some more details to allow better feedback! :)
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Coaching feedback threads in the strategy forum sounds really smart. I'll be able to check for feedback and for new threads all in the same place.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

To give you a better overview here is what we're changing on Monday.

A few categories to be renamed but these you won't even notice, its mostly for us to be consistent i.e. Category "PokerStrategy.com Boards" renamed to "PokerStrategy.com Forums"!

Ups & Downs & Psychology
      We have decided to dissolve all of the Psychology boards. We want to create some fun threads in General Poker Discussion such as "The Bad Beat Thread" and will merge successful threads to General Poker Discussion such as "Winning day? Post your graph". We will encourage members to continue to create these epic threads and will be running our own promotional threads in the future too!

We have decided that learning how to win is a lot more than just knowing which cards to play when and how much to bet on certain streets. We are going to introduce a new strategy forum that will sit above the "No Limit" strategy section, called "Learning to Win" we will move threads such as Jared Tendler in the Well and Nutrition there and we hope that members will proactively use this forum to continue to crush :)

Private Coaching and Video and Hand Evaluation feedback
      We are going to move the private coaching and hand evaluation feedback to the respective strategy forums. For example if you are learning to play Omaha, instead of going to different forums trying to find a good Omaha coach or video, you can now go directly to the Omaha strategy forum and see the popular threads from the top Omaha coaches

• We have decided to merge Small Talk with Fun & Off-topic + add the sports thread. Both forums overlapped each other a lot and we believe having one board would work alot better. At the moment we are going to call the merged board small talk and off topic, but if anybody has any cool new names that they think would work nicely then please post in the thread

We are also going to move International Meeting Place to be a sub forum for introduce yourself where we believe it more appropriately belongs

Community boards
      You may not be aware but we currently have a "vote board" we are going to remove this as it is no longer active

• We will dissolve the Poker Media forum and create threads in GPD such as "Funny Poker Videos" "WSOP 2012" and anything else you would like to create. We believe in quality over quantity and having one thread instead of 15 will be better for both PokerStrategy.com and our users

Poker Software
      We have decided to merge the sub-forums "Elephant Support" and "PokerStrategy.com Equilab & Equilab Omaha" into the main software forum

Staking: Offers and Requests
      Again something you may not realise straight away but the Staking forum will be moved down a little bit on the forum

Looking forward to your feedback and have a lovely weekend everyone!
      Ingrid
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      I understand this is a feedback thread and not a suggestion thread, buuut.....

I have a suggestion :D

What about some kind of notifier or feed system that will show users when there has been a new post in a thread they have posted in.

The reason I suggest this is I have a habbit of posting in a thread and forgetting about it. Or forgetting to check for replies. Does any one else do this?

I thinbk if users where notified in realtime, it would result in faster and more active discussions..

Appologies if this isn't what you were looking for in this thread
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello, gxtwo.

You can already do this, if you go to the top, above the upper right corner of the OP, you can Add Thread To Favourites" and then go to favourites on the top left side of the forums, and enable e-mail notification to receive an e-mail notification when a new post is made.

Edit: When in the Favourites page, each favourite thread will have the option to change the setting on the: E-Mail Notification: Switch on

Regards,
      Richard
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Yes, I already use this feature for threads i find important. However i think its too much "messing" around to keep track of threads you have a lighter interest in. such as discussing hands in the evaluation forum.

The closest example to explaining my idea would be like the facebook notifier. An in-site notifier, with also the option of adding e-mail alerts to desired threads.

Sorry for getting off topic.. I'll open another thread to try start a discussion of this idea.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Yes, I already use this feature for threads i find important. However i think its too much "messing" around to keep track of threads you have a lighter interest in. such as discussing hands in the evaluation forum.

The closest example to explaining my idea would be like the facebook notifier. An in-site notifier, with also the option of adding e-mail alerts to desired threads.

Sorry for getting off topic.. I'll open another thread to try start a discussion of this idea.
      i like your idea. im always having the same problem for keeping track on some of the threads i follow / posted
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello guys,

Few options for you:

a) finding your threads
      Forum -> Search -> Mark "Search only for threads started by this user" -> put your name and there you go, have all your threads. :)

b) trying to follow some threads
      If you want to follow a thread then just mark it as favorite which you can as well easily find under your "Favorites".

Best Regards.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by gxtwo

Hey,

I actually get an email telling me somebody has replied in a thread that I've posted in so this is definitely available... In not sure of its just because I'm a moderator, I'll ask our IT team on Monday and let you know if it's possible for you to do it and if so how to do it.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      When you said this, I had a look through the options Pleno1!

If you go to "Your profile" at the top of any page of the forums.
      Then into "Edit Options"
      In the category for Private Messages, Email & Notification, there'll be the line called:
      Enable email notification by default?
      Select this option if you want email notification to be sent to you automatically when there is a reply to your post.

I'm not sure whether this will enable automatic e-mail notification for every thread you've posted in, or only for posts that have been started by you. It does seem to be on the right way, however.

Can you guys let me know if this is something alike what you were wanting?

Regards,
      Richard
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

Then into "Edit Options"
      In the category for Private Messages, Email & Notification, there'll be the line called:
      Select this option if you want email notification to be sent to you automatically when there is a reply to your post.

I'm not sure whether this will enable automatic e-mail notification for every thread you've posted in, or only for posts that have been started by you. It does seem to be on the right way, however.

Regards,
      Richard
      You make a post in any thread you want or start a thread and the thread is automatically added to favorites and email notification is turned on. It doesn't matter if you started the thread or you are the 23th post in there.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis

Then into "Edit Options"

Regards,
      Richard
      You make a post in any thread you want or start a thread and the thread is automatically added to favorites and email notification is turned on. It doesn't matter if you started the thread or you are the 23th post in there.
      This is correct Krishjanis :) thanks.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Thank you for the confirmation of how the option works Krishjanis, much appreciated.
      Now I'll know for sure in case the question comes up again!

Regards,
      Richard
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for the confirmation of how the option works Krishjanis, much appreciated.
      Now I'll know for sure in case the question comes up again!

Regards,
      Richard
      Yes, very helpful indeed. Did not know this myself. Although, I tend to check every thread anyways :P
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I like that every thread is added to my favorites, but there is a line between a thread I like and a thread I want instant email notifications on. So for a lot of threads in my favorites, email notifications are disabled, but as soon as I post in them, then the email notification is turned back on, which can be annoying if it's only a thread I like and not a one that I want to closely monitor. So this is a future update that could be implemented. :)
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      On the right hand side of the home page there is a list of some of the latest threads which have had posts in the forum.

Just below this there are 2 links - the first is to show all forums (not so useful as there is already the Forum link at the top of the page). The second is a link that shows all the threads in which I have recently posted - this one is very useful.

A quick and easy way to see if any threads I have posted in have been updated.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Guys please separate the Strategy and Hand Evaluation forums!
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Guys please separate the Strategy and Hand Evaluation forums!
      Hey kruger,

in fact, they are seperated - the hand evaluation forums are subforums of the strategy forums.

What we achieved with this structure is that there is one central forum for every game type - where strategy discussions are threads & hand evaluations happen in subforums.

Lutz