Boris V sh is back | ffnlAndwhatNot ?!

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello & Welcome to my precious Blog :heart:

Hello !
      I am Boris, I am 25 years old, I live in Israel, I have started playing online poker in 2007 but never chased a semi-pro/pro career in poker.
      Today I am a student for Social Work B.A (starting 2nd year soon), I am also a vegan activist (not very extremist, just started my journey in it), I am striving for justice and hope people will straighten according to their real morals. Don't know what else to say now ;> follow and we'll know each other better ;)

btw V stand for Vegan, sh stands for sneakyhand ;) (title)
      This is the introduction that was set when I started this blog:

As some of you might be familiar with my previous blog and know that I got back to poker last month, I decided that if I start playing poker again I'll definitely run a blog as well.
      -Unfortunately it seemed to me like very few people were visiting :) maybe because of the introduction, maybe because of some reasons I'm not aware of.

Anyhow, I've been through a lot of changes in the meantime (in my break from poker), I'd say more of a spirtual and individual changes rather than 'REAL-LIFE' stuff like new job/car/girl etc..

I've been exposed to my-self, realized that there is something subtle before the idea of who am I in concepts of identity and personality. I am not sure this kind of information would interest lots of people who visit the blogs section and probably would rather hear some Poker-related stuff more than some 'stories' or w.e.

In my previous blog I had goals and expectations from myself. I was concentrating on self-discipline because poker includes a lot of emotional storming situations which most of you familiar with.

I wouldn't say I'm tiltproof and never tilt, but I'd say I'm in a state I've never been before, I'm more aware, I don't resist tilt better or something - I just don't identify with and "BOND" with whatever happens. I might experience moments of "arghh, really ?!" but I don't get too attached.

Some updates for those of you who DO know me;
      I didn't go uni/college last year, I kept the same job ( Hostel for mental-retardation people ).
      In early September I'm going for 1-month to :::: INDIA with a good friend of mine.
      That's pretty much everything about the 'REAL-LIFE' matters.

POKER

This is an update as of 24.7.2014, I remember when writing this 2nd blog I was right before my flight to India and then I pretty much stopped playing after that because some other stuff caught most of my attention.
      However, recently I started playing again and as always I have high motivation and feel very determined, but I'm not saying this time I'm in it for real, I'm in it as long as it feels right (right doesn't mean easy).

I have been playing zoom FR/SH, then switched to 6max hypers and doomed most of my BR (graphs at page no.4) what has been pretty much a bad experience.
      I am still mixed in my mind in a sense I don't have 100% main game, although I focus on zoom, I do occasionally play HUsngs, when I'm at work with laptop I play husngs, I do play some occasional MTT's.

I do think, as I previously, thought that I'm somewhat 'okay-ish' with tilt issues, I am a super-sensitive emotional person but events in poker don't necessarily has to involve high emotional-curve, well, obviously you have to love and have something about the game to play it for so long, but it is something in our perception of events and their meaning to us.

I am going to include the above text in the first update, and the further details of progress and stuff

Here is a pretty good video that I'd like to share with you people, It's not too conceptional and pretty simple to 'understand' . havefun fellas, Love ya.

• 106 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Good luck with the new blog!

Will you be updating only this one from now on, or keeping both running?

Regards,
      Richard
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Good luck with the new blog!

Will you be updating only this one from now on, or keeping both running?

Regards,
      Richard

Hello fruktpuff. Can you lock the old one but not erasing ?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Done, good luck again with the new blog, will be following here instead then!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Is the introduction is nice to read ? if not I can change the font.

Okay so I had zoom nl2 fr session today of just 1.2k hands which ended +2.8$ and +6$ EV.

I marked some hands, reviewing them before posting and revealing some serious leaks.

Few hands indicates I fold although I have pot odds and equity to call or play otherwise.
      I overplay just because I think I spot weak move and put fish on trash hand :D which is obviously bad.

I am happy to see positive results, I am happy I spot such leaks and improve.

Going to play more husngs or more zoom later.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Okay guys, this is the last update for today.

I played few husngs after last post, and although is no sample but I feel that I lack lot of knowledge even though it's just 1$ limit turbos.

There are a lot of spots in which I really feel I'm guessing-playing. not always sure why I make certain moves. and last session was -EV$

-------------------

I played 2 more zoom sessions fullring.

Ended +11$ in about 2.7k hands ( is about 2hours 4tabling )

Here is my zoom graph.

Current BR : 39$

Here is a link for a good-good video which might help you reach some calmness, stillness and emptiness full of true joy :)

Might also help you fall asleep faster ^_^
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      The intro text is fine, no problem with the colour/shape. Interesting discovery you have made, and enjoy the trip to India. It is a different place, and it is good you are travelling with a friend.

Two simple things about that place. When saying yes, they wobble their head from side to side, not up and down like standard nodding. At first you may not recognize this, and it can be confusing. Second thing is, No doesn't mean No. When you say No, it will often just make them try harder. Usually when it comes to selling things to you. This can lead to mental and emotional exhaustion, but after a while you get used to it. Just be gentle on yourself the first time this exhaustion leads to a mistake, and you buy something you don't want.

Other than that, it is a real trip, so enjoy your discovery. And good luck with the poker.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      aciddrop thank you for the helpful advises :) I heard a lot about how weird their culture may seem to new tourists.

I heard not all their cities are tourist-populated like Delhi so the least the city is tourist populated the least annoying the Indians are :D right ?

I am not sure yet of whether we will travel east/west or north.
      I wanted east just because of the mountain Arunachala, but my friend says west is more attractive and you can mix everything there, beach/parties/meditations etc..etc..

--- --- --- --- --- Real Life --- --- --- ---

I called my friend who has a tow truck and we took my car to some garages in the city. 1st place I went is a place where I know the owner, was hoping to hear good news from him but the opposite happened !
      - He told me it would cost 80% of the car-price to just FIX the car, hence - it is better to sell the car for car dismantlers or sell for iron.

Then we drove to other garage and I got a better price, fix for about 1200$ , the car-price is about 2500$.

I think I will seek for a good-price to sell it to some car-dismantle business.

My mom starts to be a little bit down / depressed because of the situation.
      Me and my dog remain calm :) so I hope our calmness will conquer her worries.

EDIT: Like your nickname :) ) just noticed ...

Best Regards,
      Boris.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      this hand just made me laugh :D

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($2.44)
      BB ($3.42)
      UTG ($1.98)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.84)
      MP1 ($1.76)
      MP2 ($2.77)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($5.03)

Dealt to Hero 5:spade: 5:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) A:heart: A:club: 4:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.25) A:heart: A:club: 4:club: 8:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.25) A:heart: A:club: 4:club: 8:diamond: 5:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1.92 (AI), Hero calls $1.92 (AI), BB folds

UTG+1 shows K:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 91.0%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows 5:spade: 5:heart:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 9.0%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $3.95

I was like, he hits flush and go nuts ? I have better ! :D :D :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Wow, he really massacred that hand!
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Good luck with your poker blog!

I hope this time you continue for a long time.

Nicolas
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Hello guys !

Webmoney finally unlocked my old-old account which contains 80$ approx.

I deposited 54$ to pokerstars for the bonus. which filled my BR to 90$.

I played an almost 2hr Zoom session, started well, went b/e and then went up again.

-Ended up 5BI up (10$). which is 100$.

I have 20BI for NL5, I consider to give it a shot and go back to nl2 if I drop like 3BIs.

I have like 20+ dollars in the webmoney purse, I will probably invest it in some HYIP online.

------ Real Life ------

About my car - there was a Bedouin guy called me this morning, he was very interested in my car, I explained him the damages of the car and everything that I know of. He will come to check it next Sunday. YEY !

I am not yet sure what I will do with the money I will get from the car.
      I am not going to invest or play it in poker that's for sure, there are some other stuff to take care of, though it would be very nice to invest a good amount and enjoy a big passive income :)

That's it for now guys :) Will probably play Nl5 this evening - and in night I'm going to spend few hours in the nature with some of my shanty banty friends :)

Love ya'll
      Boris.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze

Hello PiPs !

Woke up pretty late this morning, 11 A.M. Only played 1 session before work, A new limit, A NL5 ! ( :s_biggrin: )

First hand: AA ! :f_cool: action and we went for stacks ! Board was TT9Ax , I was getting some acction and OMG ! I got Fullhouse first aces , Yeah baby starting good on the new limit.

* He would definitely give me action with and Tx hand and maybe even Ax/9x . . Kewl ! *

B000mMMMM ;

--------- SHOWDOWN ---------

Villain Shows: TT (Four of a kind) - facepalm !

Hang on! minutes later I got aces again and . . . man . . . . .

:s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup: Won my stack back :) :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup:

Anyhow, when I checked what's going on I found out I was b/e.
      I had few minutes before I had to get myself ready for work and in couple of minutes I spewed few dollars. Finished -3$ and -5$EV.

I didn't make a review of marked hands yet but I would definitely check it out since it seems to me like plays were fine. But I guess I'm still not following and not making the math I have to in order to keep +EV play.

* btw, I wonder if it would be more profitable if I play NL5 ZOOM SH instead of NITRING :) I feel comfortable in NL5 3-4tabling zoom, not sure if I would be as comfortable in 6max, any thoughts ? Share your thoughts friends))

** About the car - I found a buyer (fast,too fast in fact :D ). A friend of mine is interested, He's planning to fix the car with his relatives (Father and Brother) they do this kind of stuff, they had a bike which they were fixing by themselves, cars as well.
      Tomorrow we make the deal, 780$ which is 1/3 of the price I planned to sell my car for before the accident ! :D
      -- I will upload a picture tomorrow of my precious car.

Renault Clio BB 99. 1.4 RT Manual. I freaking loved this car.

- Investments/Money - My 54$ invested in a HYIP keeps growing (ofcourse it can vanish any day because it's risky) and I plan to invest in some other HYIPS but lesser amounts, about 15-20$ in each.
      However, I think more about creating a blog/website and try earn some money. I read some articles, listen to people's advise . . nothing practical yet.

An ever lasting "moment" of freedom , Guys. You Are, We Are, Everything is. FREE !

Guys, make me feel good - POST GOD DARN POSTS ! :D :D :D :D

Best Regards,
      Peace,
      Boris.
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      I hope you`ll get this blog going and keep it up with the enthusiasm you have now. This is mainly to motivate yourself but I can see you put some work into this blog to make it more interesting to follow :) favourited, GL at the tables
      Agnis from self-developement group
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SneakyhanD
      First hand: AA ! :f_cool: action and we went for stacks ! Board was TT9Ax , I was getting some acction and OMG ! I got Fullhouse first aces , Yeah baby starting good on the new limit.

* He would definitely give me action with and Tx hand and maybe even Ax/9x . . Kewl ! *

B000mMMMM ;

--------- SHOWDOWN ---------

Villain Shows: TT (Four of a kind) - facepalm !

Hang on! minutes later I got aces again and . . . man . . . . .

:s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup: Won my stack back :) :s_thumbsup: :s_thumbsup:

I wish the second part of this would be a more frequent occurrence!

Had a similar hand myself last night, where I got to find out that apparently, when you have the nut full house, quads are indeed what will give you action.. bastards..

Good luck at NL5 in the future though!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Finished 1st session today. it was a bit swingy, up and down which is quite standard.

I think it will be my last session for the day and I will study a bit instead as there might be some major leaks causing me to lose some moneys.

Minutes Played: 76minutes
      Hands Played: 2634
      Profit/Loss: -6.46$ , EV: -7.9$
      Session Setup: 6 zoom tables; 4xnl2 , 2xnl5 both FR

I was like 1-4$ in profit before I decided that it's time to end session.
      This hand happened :

$0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.16) 83bb
      UTG+1 ($8.61) 172bb
      SneakyhanD (MP1) ($10.66) 213bb
      MP2 ($5.53) 111bb
      MP3 ($5.12) 102bb
      CO ($5.07) 101bb
      BTN ($9.63) 193bb
      SB ($13.13) 263bb
      BB ($2.50) 50bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 9 players) SneakyhanD is MP1 Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, SneakyhanD calls $0.30, 6 folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: A:club: J:spade: 8:heart: ($0.97, 3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, SneakyhanD bets $0.70, UTG calls $0.70, UTG+1 calls $0.70

Turn: Q:spade: ($3.07, 3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $2.94, SneakyhanD goes all-in $9.66, UTG folds, UTG+1 goes all-in $4.67

River: 4:heart: ($18.29, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $18.29
      UTG+1 shows three of a kind, Aces
      A:spade: A:diamond:
      SneakyhanD shows three of a kind, Queens
      Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG+1 wins $17.53 (net +$8.92)

SneakyhanD collects $2.05 (net -$8.61)
      UTG collects $0.00 (net -$1)

I wonder what articles/videos I will read later. I consider getting verneer's new book though.

I remember I read some of his material before and I really liked it and connected to his writing.

Bye for now, I'm off for a walk (with mah dog)

Boris.
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      I dont know how good or how long do you play, but dont you think 6 zoom tables is a bit too much ? I would rather play 2xNL2 and 2xNL5
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by angalius
      I dont know how good or how long do you play, but dont you think 6 zoom tables is a bit too much ? I would rather play 2xNL2 and 2xNL5
      Hey Agnis, I will consider that next session.

I played 2 session today of nl2 6max.

session #1:
      Minutes Played: 59
      Hands Played: 529
      Profit/Loss: 5.98$ EV: 6.03$
      Session Setup: 4-6 tables of nl2 sh ( not zoom ! )

session #2:
      Minutes Played: 93
      Hands Played: 1970
      Profit/Loss: 16.62$ EV: 12.58$
      Session Setup: 4 tables of nl2 zoom sh

Bankroll is now 109$ and I will take a shot at NL5 today again.
      This time I think I will play 2xNL5 and 2xNL2 as angalius advised.

- Tomorrow I'm on vacation from work, we are going to Tiberias (city in Israel near Lake Kinneret. 2 days 1 night we the staff of our company, it's going to be nice but I have to wake up really early and it's about 3 hours on the roads :)

This is it for now guys,
      Peace,
      Boris.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Good luck with the shot at the higher limit, mixing tables is something I see people being suggested to try every now and then, so let us know how you feel about that after too!

Regards,
      Richard
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      NL5 is failing me 2nd time in a row. no breakeven, straight loses.

Minutes Played: 49
      Hands Played: 991
      Profit/Loss: -16$ EV: -16$
      Session Setup: 2xnl2 zoom & 2xnl5 zoom (6max)

Near the end of the session I felt my body is hot ( bad climate :D ), and after my last losing hand I decided to have a break and turn on the air conditioner.

Here is it.
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.39) 108bb
      SneakyhanD (UTG+1) ($9.65) 193bb
      CO ($8.97) 179bb
      BTN ($5.16) 103bb
      SB ($6.63) 133bb
      BB ($10.76) 215bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) SneakyhanD is UTG+1 A:heart: Q:heart:
      1 fold, SneakyhanD raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: 4:heart: 9:heart: 7:heart: ($0.42, 2 players)
      BB checks, SneakyhanD bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: 3:diamond: ($0.82, 2 players)
      BB checks, SneakyhanD bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

River: 3:spade: ($2.02, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.94, SneakyhanD raises to $4.50, BB goes all-in $9.76, SneakyhanD goes all-in $4.15

Final Pot: $19.32
      BB shows a full house, Sevens full of Threes
      7:club: 7:spade:
      SneakyhanD shows a flush, Ace high
      A:heart: Q:heart:

BB wins $19.63 (net +$8.87)

SneakyhanD lost $9.65

I have another plan;
      I will play nl2 until I have at least 125$ so I won't have to move down as soon as I lose just 2-3BI's, maybe I'll be more comfortable.

I know not all nl2 session happen like my previous sessions and it might be losing or b/e sessions as well, so it might take me a while to get to 125$.

- Another mooji's video. Bliss :)

Will update later, maybe today.
      Boris.