[NL2-NL10] NL2-AQ without iniciative

• jimmy21492
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 4, 5, A (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BB folds, UTG2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.4) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.19, Hero raises to $0.58, MP2 calls $0.39.

River: ($1.56) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 raises to $1.22, Hero calls $1.22.

Final Pot: $4.

Results follow:

MP2 shows a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9c).
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces(Qs Ad).

MP2 wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9c).

Well i see that it was wrong not to raise PF right?and what would be the right play after the flop as played?
  • 2 replies
    • FlashDavin
      Yeah, you need to raise this one preflop to around 12 cents.

Flop we can bet 3/4 to 4/5 pot.

Turn we need to protect and bet 3/4 again. You don't want villain to check behind there at all!

River I would check/call vs aggressive opponents and bet/call vs passive opponents most likely.
    • veriz
      Hello jimmy21492,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Raise it up, why would you complete the hand? This is super weak and as we see you HARDLY overplay your hand postflop.

As played
      Turn: Why would you Check/Raise the turn? You are just isolating against very strong hands there. Rather lead it out and avoid him checking behind.

As played
      River: Check/Fold it cause FD also got there, FHs possible. You don't beat much. If anything to do at all then Bet it yourself.

Best Regards.