Speed Hold'em On iPoker

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

iPoker have recently launched their own version of fast poker.

Speed Hold'em On iPoker

The traffic is actually very good and although it has been rolled out relatively quickly, the traffic is good at all limits, even at NL100 you can play.

Unlike Zoom and other fast fold games, you are able to sit at up to 10 tables, so for you sick grinders out there you may have finally met your match.

So who's playing already? Any opinions?

Ingrid
  • 19 replies
    • martins1337
      martins1337
      Bronze
      How much time one has for a hand? and is there a timebank?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Since there is no time bank on normal tables I imagine is the same as always, 30 seconds for a hand. :)
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Are the games softer @ NL50 NL100 than the equivalent on stars?
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi Peche025,

I cant say from experience but in general games are going to be tougher at PokerStars.

The benefit of playing on Ipoker will be the higher returns you gain from the VIP system. As a 50/100nl player you should be able to make 7500sp's a month to earn a gemstone. This alone adds around 10% on top. Then consider the VIP system aswell and its easier to get high returns from a skin such as William Hill.

I have you on skype, my address is Callum.Noble.PS we can talk on there if you are online about the best options for you :)

Callum
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN
      Hi Peche025,

I cant say from experience but in general games are going to be tougher at PokerStars.

The benefit of playing on Ipoker will be the higher returns you gain from the VIP system. As a 50/100nl player you should be able to make 7500sp's a month to earn a gemstone. This alone adds around 10% on top. Then consider the VIP system aswell and its easier to get high returns from a skin such as William Hill.

I have you on skype, my address is Callum.Noble.PS we can talk on there if you are online about the best options for you :)

Callum
      Would it be alright if I add you and as a few questions? :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      of course Quadzzzzzzz :) Callum is here to help out whenever you have questions! gogogogo!
    • giananimohit
      giananimohit
      Bronze
      Hi.
      I play speed Hold'em on DafaPoker (part of the iPoker network) and it's quite fantastic. It's much easier than playing on multiple tables and also lighter on my internet connection as well as my computer. The tables are easier too, somehow. People play very tight and so you can exploit them, especially the blinds. But if they have an overpair like Aces they just go mad. So suited connectors pay off better.
      There isn't a timebank and there's just 10 seconds per hand. Yes, the traffic excellent.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Got you on skype now :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by giananimohit
      Hi.
      I play speed Hold'em on DafaPoker (part of the iPoker network) and it's quite fantastic. It's much easier than playing on multiple tables and also lighter on my internet connection as well as my computer. The tables are easier too, somehow. People play very tight and so you can exploit them, especially the blinds. But if they have an overpair like Aces they just go mad. So suited connectors pay off better.
      There isn't a timebank and there's just 10 seconds per hand. Yes, the traffic excellent.
      thanks for the information giananimohit :)
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hi Just one question
      If i fold a hand but want to see what happens is it possible?

I right now click on sitout and fold that way i can see the hand but its a but irritating
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Its something Im sure they will implement in the future.

So far its a 'fresh' product for them so they just have the basics running.
    • Krupsinator
      Krupsinator
      I tested it out some days ago (and lost one stack in 5 hands :D ) and played 2 tables with altogether 200 hands today.

Its quite cool and definitiv an alternative to Zoom Poker. There are just Shorthanded games, but thats fine because a split of the player pool between Shorthanded and Fullring wouldn't be good for the traffic, especially at higher limits. I really enjoy playing it and to be honest, I was surprised about the nice gameflow IPoker developed :)

Greets,
      Krupsinator
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I have a couple of questions after trying it for a short session:

is there any hot keys for bet sizing etc or do I have to do a lot of mouse clicking?

also I was experiencing quite a bit of lag, not sure if that is just my comp or a general issue? I have no probs on stars etc however, my laptop is 3years old.

And twice in the middle of hands I got an error message come up....something along the lines or 'there was a problem' and I got booted from the table...
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      The lag issue seems to be related to my computer, does anyone know if there is a way to reduce the memory usage or the client?
    • giananimohit
      giananimohit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by abhi147
      Hi Just one question
      If i fold a hand but want to see what happens is it possible?

I right now click on sitout and fold that way i can see the hand but its a but irritating
      You can just fold and then click on the "replay" button in a few seconds and view how that hand went down by clicking the left arrow and choosing which hand you want to view.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      The only thing it lacks to me is HUD support - i'm undecided whether that's a more profitable thing or less profitable thing? Cus I could definitely analyse and make notes on players better than normal grinders, plus it is a disincentive for them as they can't multitable hud!?
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I think it's less profitable TBH, the player pools are quite weak so not that many of your opponents would be using a HUD. There software really sucks which is the biggest drawback if you'd like to put in volume, you only get about 150 hands/table/hr and for me it's difficult to multitable with no time bank and lag issues.

Read on 2+2 that many ppl get lag issues during a session after about 30-40 minutes and have to restart the client.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      So quick question, has anyone devised a way of keeping track of players on Speed Hold'em? I really want to play Speed Hold'em cus I'm trying to clear a bonus and i'm playing NL10 so it would be a lot easier if I could play speed hold'em profitably. All i've done so far is just tag full stack regulars with the colour orange.

I'd love to go into my database and analyse these players, but then I can't make note ingame easy because of the software...
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      anyone? :/