International Stadium Poker Tour - Post Your Questions Here

• 30 replies
    • carfax4444
      carfax4444
      Basic
      Hi Guys,

Stephen Mc Lean here....happy to answer any questions but I am in the process of clarifying why the word "guarantee" is no longer on the ispt.com website this morning.... Just going to clarify what exactly is happening.

Cheers,
      Stephen.
    • carfax4444
      carfax4444
      Basic
      Hi All,

Bit of positive news from Prosper this morning:

"The prize pool has been entire escrowed. Skrill will annonced in september that the money is secure."

So we're still on track with this event :) (phew)

Cheers,
      Stephen.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What do you think makes this more appealing (or even somewhat appealing) to players, especially when compared to some $1k BI online events?
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by carfax4444
      Hi Guys,

Stephen Mc Lean here....happy to answer any questions but I am in the process of clarifying why the word "guarantee" is no longer on the ispt.com website this morning.... Just going to clarify what exactly is happening.

Cheers,
      Stephen.
      Is it so hard to clarify this already?
      Just sayin' - but it looks really suspicious.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Do you still feel disapointed and shocked at the reception this event got on 2 plus 2 ???

:coolface:
    • StrategyLofthouse
      StrategyLofthouse
      Bronze
      To me it seems like a great idea in principle . Obviously players are going to be sceptical at first with it being a new adventure on a big scale.
      I haven't read 2 +2 so I don't know the negatives
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      If the event is taking place in the UK, why is the buy-in and prize pool in €; and not £?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      The fuck is this??
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I think it sounds like an awesome Tourney and if I can roll up a stake I defo want to take part
    • andypow
      andypow
      Basic
      I have followed the ISPT story for a while and was really dissapointed to read the 2+2 guys knock Stephen and the proposed tournament. But it seems most poker forums share the same apathy towards any endeavour by anyone trying to do anything new in the poker world.

I would like to see dozens of posts saying ' wow wouldn't it be great for the sport if this thing came off!' But that will never happen.

Any company or individual that attempts to add value to our game should be applauded and congratulated for their efforts. It must be a ball-breaker for this man to be ridiculed and at times he must feel like saying in the forums 'well bollocks to you!' But from what I have read about him he doesn't give up, this is the type of person we need in the industry.

If forum posters spent as much time lobbying for changes to the current poker offering and the way in which the industry is regulated and force player balances to be ring-fenced by operators, as they do knocking people like Stephen trying to do something new, then the game could be great.

Chin up,
      think how great it will feel to sit in the stadium and look at 30,000 players, to then tweet or post on 2+2 and say 'told you so........'
    • Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andypow
      I have followed the ISPT story for a while and was really dissapointed to read the 2+2 guys knock Stephen and the proposed tournament. But it seems most poker forums share the same apathy towards any endeavour by anyone trying to do anything new in the poker world.

I would like to see dozens of posts saying ' wow wouldn't it be great for the sport if this thing came off!' But that will never happen.

Any company or individual that attempts to add value to our game should be applauded and congratulated for their efforts. It must be a ball-breaker for this man to be ridiculed and at times he must feel like saying in the forums 'well bollocks to you!' But from what I have read about him he doesn't give up, this is the type of person we need in the industry.

If forum posters spent as much time lobbying for changes to the current poker offering and the way in which the industry is regulated and force player balances to be ring-fenced by operators, as they do knocking people like Stephen trying to do something new, then the game could be great.

Chin up,
      think how great it will feel to sit in the stadium and look at 30,000 players, to then tweet or post on 2+2 and say 'told you so........'
      Well said, I hope it does go to plan as it sounds like a great event. I am almost certain I won't play though (never have money :f_biggrin: ) but who knows what will happen within the year :]
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

Chin up,
      I fail to see the value they add, especially after saying there will be no marketing outside of the poker world, meaning it doesn't make poker more popular.

Could you explain how this tournament brings value to the poker community?
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I fail to see the value they add, especially after saying there will be no marketing outside of the poker world, meaning it doesn't make poker more popular.
      Just because it's not being advertised doesn't mean it's not going to get coverage in the mainstream media - I'm sure an event as big as this is going to make more than a few headlines.
    • andypow
      andypow
      Basic
      Emanuel

See...there is the apathy in your post.

Any poker event, whether it is guys in a local pub organising themselves into a tournament or massive stadium event that most of us couldn't maybe afford. It is the fact that through these events poker is being seen to becoming more popular, it encourages others to play, just like Wiggins last week, because of him the interest in cycling has gone through the roof with thousands going out and joining the sport.

The bigger it gets, the more providers, more competition means rake being driven down, governments listening, legislation being passed, players funds being better taken care of. So use your post in a positive way instead of;

gonna rain, players gonna cheat, impossible with electrics (by the way every seat at the Olympic opening was hard wired with more juice than a laptop needs and hooked up by computer cables). Why is it € not £?, are reg numbers for real?

Give it some room, give them a chance.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

Chin up,
      Hello Stephen...
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      great QnA, tnx
    • carfax4444
      carfax4444
      Basic
      Originally posted by Arron63

Chin up,
      Well said, I hope it does go to plan as it sounds like a great event. I am almost certain I won't play though (never have money :f_biggrin: ) but who knows what will happen within the year :]
      Wow, just getting a chance to check back in on this thread now (got a late call to attend a few horse racing meetings in Ireland last week, so couldn't say no, but was on the road for a few days).....Anyway, just wanted to say that this kind of post has given me an abosultely renewed vigour to make sure this event gets more and more support from poker players in the UK & Irl.

TBH I can totally understand the reception the event is getting as most players don't want to have the hassle of playing the online part in Wembley (and personally I think the only way this tournament offers better value than a $1k buy-in tournament online is because of the guaranteed prize-pool), they would rather play that part at home....But for what the event is, its simply going to have a massive draw, because of the guarantee.....
      Now the next part is showing how the guarantee is in place, so that even if only 10 players show up on the day, the prize-pool will be divided among winning players.

In terms of Barry's question about the main stream media, what I understood by that question was "are we planning on running full page advertisements in the Times?, or other media advertising" and my answer is no, there is no real value for that....If however, main stream media want to cover the event we will of course accommodate them fully.

In terms of this event adding to poker overall, I don't know myself.....I know a few players are going to hit pay dirt because of it, and that's really all I'm interested in, as long as poker's reputation continues to grow and all involved conduct themselves with integrity then I'm happy either way.

I think my post has answered most of the questions posted so far. Let me know if you have any more. There are a lot of the logistics questions that I can't answer until after the September press conference (for example, who the team of TD's is going to be, etc), but I'll answer all I can for now.

Cheers,
      Stephen.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Why did u make another account to pretend ur were a random bystander defending urself? that seems retarded
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Why did u make another account to pretend ur were a random bystander defending urself? that seems retarded
      i <3 u