$10.83
      BU (Hero):
      $23.48
      SB:
      $10.76
      BB:
      $9.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 6, 8, K (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90, BB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.95) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20, BB folds.

River: ($8.35) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero ???
  • 7 replies
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      mmmmm

I also find it tough to know how best to extract value vs unknowns in spots like this.
      Problem is that your hand defo looks like it is a Flush as villain may expect you to raise the Turn with TPGK, 2pair and sets.

Small Vbet
      Pros - (say 30-40%) might induce frustration call from TPGK+ or just a weaker opponent.
      Cons - unlikely to induce shuv from weaker hands as villain now knows he has no fold EQ relevant to stacksize.

Shuv
      Pros - get max value from weaker flushes and might get called by sets.
      - Villain may consider this a bluff? (but what then did you call Flop and Turn with?)
      Cons - almost definately fold out all 2P and TPGK hands. (though I dont think they will call regardless.)

In this spot though I think it makes sence to make a small value bet as villain is not dbl barreling a FD and checking it when he gets there so you are begging for a bad call from considerably weaker hands. Also I think they will find it hard to pay off more as they must think it unlikely you foat two streets to jam any heart on the river.

$3.16

(I think everything bar set and straight fold to any bet though)
      Would be interesting to see the result of the hand after it has been evaluated by the pro.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I'd actually fold this pre. Against an MP open you'll find yourself in a lot of dominated spots, especially against a 15/15.

As for river sizing I'd bet ~$3 to make it possible for him to hero call w/Kx
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Arguments for flatting though if SB and/or BB have high VPIP low 3bet stats
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling the hand here? Fold it, especially after seeing how you can overplay your nutFD. :(

As played
      Postflop: As long the guy is rather nitty we could say that he is rather not a guy who is willing to pay loose. Therefore maybe something like $3-4 max unless of course we assume he calls very loose. Shoving would make most of the hands to fold cause it's quite obvious that we were drawing.

Best Regards.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Arguments for flatting though if SB and/or BB have high VPIP low 3bet stats
      Not really imo. With A9s we're still dominated no matter whether the sb/bb have high vpip low 3b/squeeze. We're losing against all Ax hands in villains range. So we're hoping to hit A9x (with x between 2-8 to reduce chances of villain have higher two pair 'cooler'), 99x etc or flush. Which, like veriz said, we overplayed here.
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      I see that I made bad decision pre flop, but as played what do you think about raising on the turn with our FD+GS? We can make fold Kx hands and AA and if he shoves with sets we have equity to call it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheWinnerTakesItAll
      I see that I made bad decision pre flop, but as played what do you think about raising on the turn with our FD+GS? We can make fold Kx hands and AA and if he shoves with sets we have equity to call it.
      Once again mate, try to understand that you are multiway not just HU. :) So nope.