BU = (€1.79)
      SB = (€0.21)
      BB = (€5.58)
      UTG1 = (€1.06)
      UTG2 = (€2.12)
      MP1 = (€0.80)
      MP2 (Hero) = (€7.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls €0.02, MP1 raises to €0.08, Hero raises to €0.24, 4 folds, BB calls €0.22, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls €0.16.

Flop: (€0.75) 4, K, T (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets €0.49, BB calls €0.49, MP1 folds.

Turn: (€1.73) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (€1.73) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets €0.89, BB calls €0.89.

Final Pot: €3.51.

Hero shows a flush, king high(Q A).
      BB shows a pair of kings(K J).

Hero wins with a flush, king high(Q A).

I'm expecting a straight or flush draw because of villain's passive check/call play. I'm wondering if I should've shoved the river knowing that he could've been holding A (also we were both pretty deep stacked).
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      what's the reason for 3betting preflop?
      not saying that it's right or wrong, but you need a hand plan. what were your impressions on MP1 and what would you do if he shipped it?

on the flop the cbet isn't very good because you are 3way, MP1 may easily check/ship it and pretty much all broadways are going to continue on this flop.
      you don't have a lot of fold equity and MP1 stack makes things awkward, so i'd tend to just check behind and try to hit something.

as played, though, imo the rest of hand is played perfectly. :f_biggrin:
      river sizing is good, you don't have the nuts and you want to give him enough room to call with worse and maybe even worse hands as it happened.

if he check/shoved you'd have to fold though. he just won't be doing it with worse flushes and won't be bluffing very often either.
    • mbml
      Pre-flop is questionable without the right information about your opponent. Though I suppose if he's calling such a big 3bet with such a weak hand like KJo then it's great.

Flop is not too great, I would certainly like it a lot more with Ac but I guess you can bet to rep AK and fold out BB's mid pairs. Basically you need more info about BB if not I cannot accurately hand read his range and would assume the default range of KQs/AJs/AQ/99-JJ/QQ?

On the Turn if you think he has many mid pair type of hands i will continue barreling. If you think he mostly has KX and is not folding on the Turn I will check behind.

On the River he checks again and probably isn't too strong. Halfpot is fine
    • elda420
      I had been playing on that table for about 8 hours and yeah this guy was very loose, not unbelievably loose for NL2 but still looser than average. I would've snap-folded to a 3-bet for sure.

I find it really hard to read people in these stakes and I wouldn't even have been surprised to see him calling the river with
      4:d5, as dumb as that would be.

I did the c-bet because people in these stakes tend to play a lot of garbage hands and fold them on the flop against any action so I did it as a semi-bluff, but it's bad against 2 people esp with one of them being short stacked I guess.