Insanity / P90X fitness challenge

• giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      I already have a dutch blog about my fitness challenge but i wanna get as many people motivated as i can. If i can get at least one ps member into this am happy.

Photo update may 2013

Pictures from me today vs me one year ago.

Nearly naked giraffe allert :D :D :D

I did the 60 days insanity challenge and adjusted the way i eat 180 degrees. Insanity is by far the hardest thing i ever did in my life. If you did it you know why it is called insanity. Like president John F Kennedy said in his famous man on the moon speech "we choose to go to the moon............not because it is easy but because it is hard". I also choosed a very very tough workout because doing something wich is very hard gives you a lot more gratification then doing something easy.

longer 2013 informercial

After 60 days i had 30 days before holiday so i did another extra 30 days of insanity.

My insanity fit test result after 60days

number between ( ) is nr from first fit test, first nr was the final test. The power jumps part of the test was the most hard.

1 switch kicks 107 (50)
      2 power jacks 49 (34)
      3 power knees 81 (55)
      4 power jumps 35 (19)
      5 globe jumps 11 (5)
      6 suicide jumps 18 (6)
      7 push-up jacks 23 (12)
      8 low plank oblique 45 (26)

8 days ago i started the P90x program.

Today am at 195 pounds (still 6.53 feet tall) so I lost 42 pounds in 5 months :D :D :D

These are my P90x starting pictures from today.

Feel free to ask me anything about this fitness programs.

I always say it doesn't matter were you stand now it is were you wanna finish. This fitness program is like poker you get what you put into it very honest. So maybe this is YOUR MOMENT to get moving and loose some pounds.

I did this because it is hard and it helps me to believe even more in myself.

I now TRUELY believe i can achieve anything i want, in life, in poker, work, relationships etc

FOOD/EATING

I would like adress a small section to food/eating. During the 90 days i did insanity i never spend a big time on the eating/food part of the challenge, which looking back now was pretty bad.

What i did first was make a list of everything i eat during a standard day. Then i just looked up exactly how much kcall was in everything i eat. It is like poker you collect data and start to analyse it.

After this i just cutted away everything wich had a lot of kcall. So for 90days i did not eat any bread, i just took crackers. I did not eat patatoes or rice, i took burito's and salad. I took white meat (fish and chicken) instead of red meat. Also i just did not eat any candy, pizza or mc donalds stuf etc and i started to drink a ton of water (at least 2 liters a day). Drinking water gives you a more full feeling + it takes your body more energy to disposal water through your body then it takes energy out of it so drinking water is loosing weight by doing nothing extra.

I lost about 1kg a week with this crash dieet but i think i lost some muscles on the way.

Now what i would recommend is find somebody who knows a lot about food. Calculate how much kcall you are allowed to have on a day and then go 500kcall below it. Then you will still loose weight but in a better way, if you combine it with insanity you will get better results in the long run then some one who just starves himself for a few months and then starts to eat normal again.
  • 356 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey,

I hope this is real :D

We are quite a few in the office who does insanity actually and its really good to see you made such a progress. Well done! Got your insanity t-shirt yet?

Ingrid
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey,

I hope this is real :D

We are quite a few in the office who does insanity actually and its really good to see you made such a progress. Well done! Got your insanity t-shirt yet?

Ingrid
      Am on steroid, no just kidding. Nice to hear insanity has landed at ps headquater. I realy respect people who finished the 60 days, most people just quit after a few days since the find it to hard. That's why choosed it in the first place.

In the dutch blog some people said that the pictures you see in the insanity commercial are edited etc. Or that it is all one big tell sell joke but my pictures are real and if you surf around the net you will find a ton of people who did the same as me. I got motivated by some one who had a blog just like i have right now so i feel it is my duty to help other. I know how much better i feel right now and it is the best gift i can give to people.

No insanity t-shirt, i bought the training program 2nd hand so no orginal ticket.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      omg!

I actually started Insanity around a week ago, Not thoroughly with the nutrition guide etc but I plan on doing as much of it as possible.

I done the initial fit test and have never been so exhausted in my entire life lol (

I went to lay down for a little and fell asleep instant :D

I have taken a picture of Day 1, I will take longer than 60 days though as I can only do the cardio around 4 times a week, but as long as I stick to it even a little I should show some progress.

I've also cut down on alot of junk which isn't easy. Used to drink lots of Coke etc, I've had only 3 glasses in a week = huge improvement. I'm also eating more fruit and less chocolate bars, not going drastic by all means, but they are some big lifestyle changes for myself.

Congrats on the course though, where is your T shirt? :P
    • fughi
      fughi
      Bronze
      Great results! :)

One question - can this program be adapted to the ectomorph body type (or is this a similar program to gain weight?) ?

Based on what you described, for me it is targeted to the endomorphs and mesomorphs who are trying to lose weight.

Best luck!
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Lol i will never forget my first fit test, i thought this is it a whole lesson for just one silly easy looking test. I was shocked how hard it was and this was just the test.

I will try to post my first and last insanity fit test in the intro. I loved the test since it was a great way to see your progress.

eating healthy food is the key, you can work out a ton but if you eat horrible food you will never see progress.

What i did for like two weeks is just calculate how much calories there was in the stuf i eated. I was shocked about the amount which was in certain food. I just wrote down everything i eated with the calories behind it, if you put in on paper you just get a much clearer view.

After this stocktaking i just basicly cut out a ton of stuff and added new healthy stuf. Like peppers rice cakes instead of chips, crackers instead of bread, wraps instead of potatoes, fish instead of red meat.

Also i started to drink tons of water, at least 2 liters a day. Helps to burn calories since burning water in your body cost more then there is into it :D :D and it helps against the hungry feeling you might experience the first few weeks.

Now am totaly used to me new eating style and i never experience this hungry feeling again.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fughi
      Great results! :)

One question - can this program be adapted to the ectomorph body type (or is this a similar program to gain weight?) ?

Based on what you described, for me it is targeted to the endomorphs and mesomorphs who are trying to lose weight.

Best luck!
      your right that 70% of the insanity program is based on cardio stuff and like 30% is strenght. You can have a ectomorph body type and use this program to improve your condition/endurance level.

It depends on what you want wich program is best for you. My wife for instance is doing turbo jam, a beginners program realy great for beginners. My first goal was to loose weight and get more endurance. Now i want to have more muscles so i do p90X.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by giraffe1977

I will try to post my first and last insanity fit test in the intro. I loved the test since it was a great way to see your progress.
      definitely do it please :)

@matt, wow! :D who would have thought!
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      i want the translation of your dutch blog !
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by giraffe1977

definitely do it please :)

@matt, wow! :D who would have thought!

number between ( ) is nr from first fit test, first nr was the final test. The power jumps part of the test was the most hard.

1 switch kicks 107 (50)
      2 power jacks 49 (34)
      3 power knees 81 (55)
      4 power jumps 35 (19)
      5 globe jumps 11 (5)
      6 suicide jumps 18 (6)
      7 push-up jacks 23 (12)
      8 low plank oblique 45 (26)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      obv stretching before/after is very important, any good stretching method you guys know?

I pulled my back recently and spent days in bed not being able to move so don't over do it!
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Out of curiousity, how long does each work out typically take on a daily basis? I'm just about to start my final year at uni and work full time as well, how much would it affect performance in my studies and job you think, if at all?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      Out of curiousity, how long does each work out typically take on a daily basis? I'm just about to start my final year at uni and work full time as well, how much would it affect performance in my studies and job you think, if at all?
      I have followed the program (yet - though it seems interesting)

As any exercise you should find that at first you will feel tired after your exercise but after a few day you should have more vitality for your day and feel fresher and more alert.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      obv stretching before/after is very important, any good stretching method you guys know?

I pulled my back recently and spent days in bed not being able to move so don't over do it!
      form over speed is the way to go. I had one back issue, most likely caused by going when i was already to exhausted.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      I have followed the program (yet - though it seems interesting)

As any exercise you should find that at first you will feel tired after your exercise but after a few day you should have more vitality for your day and feel fresher and more alert.
      Great thing to add in the intro.

I like the program since insanity is around 45 minutes the first 4 weeks, then 1 week recovery and the next 4 weeks around 60 minutes.

Me and my wife both have a job and we have a little girl around so we are always short on time. Going to the gym will cost me at least 30 minutes to go there and come back home. Also i can't leave my kid alone at home and now she can make fun of me since am acting stupid in front of the tv :D :D :D :D

What is 1 hour a day if you feel much better the rest of the 23 hours of that day. No time is just a bad excuse, just set priorities, took me 8 years to think this way so take your time
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Today i did the p90x plyometrics workout for the first time. Last week i modified the schedule since i had a bad knee day.

It was one hour only leg excersises and boy it hearts, i was used on working out my legs in insanity but this was legs and legs only. In the beginning i thought, this is not to bad but after 35 minutes my legs got pretty acidified. Still i finished it but i think my legs will start to feel it the next two days.

Also i found some chineeze website were you can stream p90x for free but am not sure if this is legal.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      i want the translation of your dutch blog !
      just try google chrome with google translate automaticly build in.

But feel free to ask me anything.

I can tell you that like 50% of reply's were about that this training was fake, everything was photoshopped and most of the guys who had results were on steroids.

Also like 7 people said they would give it a try but 6 of them gave up within a week. I know only one guy who finished it, but like my man shaun T (fitness instructor) says "Insanity is not for everybody, it is not for people who are lazy or people that give up soon".

I had ton of negative comments about the way i eated but i do not care. When you start a blog like this you can not expect that everybody takes things for granted.
    • giraffe1977
      giraffe1977
      Bronze
      Did the yoga training today men am getting old 1,5 hour of body stretching is kinda weird if you zero experience with this kinda stuff.

I do like it and it realy fits well into the other training excercises since i was very stiff from last days work out. Also i found that i could reach my wicker (??) for the first time in my life when i was stitting on the ground and leaning forwad so am already making progress here.

Also my new dumbells arrived so i now i can go even deeper :D :D :D
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Wow your progress was amazing. Mad props to you!
      I can vouch for how hard it is. First time I did it I was almost sick and had to lie down for a while. Now I kinda enjoy it. Best thing to do after taking some bad beats it really gets all that anger out and gives you a clear head. The results it are defiantly not fake. 6 days a week of hard exercise and a strict diet plan will get some pretty sick results
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I did the test yesterday, forgot how good it is to sweat so much just in 13 min :D

Do it guys! It's worth it!