Skip to forum
Favourite Prop Bet ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Favourite Prop Bet Stories?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
3,463 Views
Head Admin
BarryCarter
Joined: 13.01.2011
Poker Player

Hi guys

I have a column coming this week where I recount some of my favourite prop bet stories from poker history. I am a bit of a nerd where these stories are concerned.

I'd love to hear more of them, so share with me some of your favourite stories of poker prop bets.

The column will be maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

thanks

Barry


Reply
Quote
9 replies
MJPerry
Joined: 03.10.2011
PokerStrategist

I'm still waiting for us to arrange our bet where I attempt to write and publish a Daily Rewind in under three hours using only an iPhone.

I'm a little rusty on my iPhone skillz but millions of fruit sliced at Fruit Ninja must have kept it in my muscle memory. I like my side still.


Reply
Quote

We rented a house in Watford for a few months with a swimming pool.

Now this pool obviously hadn't been cleaned for at least a year as it was dark green and had those little wiggly bugs swimming in it. Think they are called water fleas.

Looked like this but with more dead stuff in it

Since they are busto poker degens, we convince 2 friends to jump in and swim from one side to the other. Heads have to go below the water obviously.

I think it was for some tiny amount too, like £50 between them.

Bare in mind this is around November in England so its pretty damn cold!

Worst part was having to fish a hedgehog out of the pool first.


Reply
Quote
gadget51
Joined: 23.06.2008
Oldschool Grinder

So you fished the hedgehog out first? You're just all heart aren't you, go on admit it! ♦


Reply
Quote

It definitely wasn't in any fit state to swim out by its self, I know that much.


Reply
Quote

I want to hear tons of prop bet stories!! Please guys share as much as you can


Reply
Quote
BarryCarter Topic starter
Head Admin
BarryCarter
Joined: 13.01.2011
Poker Player

Speed smoking was one of my more competitive personal bets. I did well considering I don't really smoke and was up against a smoker.


Reply
Quote
Coach
Kyyberi
Joined: 09.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

I would have a nice story about a Swedish PS coach who went to swim in ocean during the winter wearing just bikinis. But too bad he refused to do the thing when he lost the bet. :(


Reply
Quote
MJPerry
Joined: 03.10.2011
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by BarryCarter
Speed smoking was one of my more competitive personal bets. I did well considering I don't really smoke and was up against a smoker.

That sounds incredibly unpleasant. Details?


Reply
Quote
BarryCarter Topic starter
Head Admin
BarryCarter
Joined: 13.01.2011
Poker Player

Originally posted by MJPerry

Originally posted by BarryCarter
Speed smoking was one of my more competitive personal bets. I did well considering I don't really smoke and was up against a smoker.

That sounds incredibly unpleasant. Details?

Quite simple, first guy to smoke a cigarette down to the filter won, had to inhale. Quite fun having everyone cheer us on, I reckon we both got there in just under a minute, but I just lost out.

£20 bet, balla

(Not smoking the drug speed btw)


Reply
Quote
Share: