PS Sunday Hundred grand

• MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Hi!

I got ticket to Sunday Hundred grand tournament in satellite.
      I have only played 1-3$ buyin tournaments. Wanted to know, how mutch diferent it will be, and what should i be ready for.
      And any other advices are welcome. :D

Making money would be my basic goal. :rolleyes:
  • 11 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Its a very easy tournament to get far in, but as soon as the push or fold stage comes, its pretty much luck orientated, unless you get good cards early and build a stack. If you only play $1-$3 tournaments it might be better for your bankroll if you unregister and use the T$ instead.

If you do choose to play in it, make sure to register your nick in this thread here, and join us in the battle of the donkeys. Also state that you want to play in the community team.
    • MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      I keep my bankroll in balace with 3$ turbo SnGs.
      But i prefer to play in tournaments, so i dont want to miss this chance. And i dont play that bad, to not get the chance getting in money :rolleyes: Atleast i hope so.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      playing Sat is ok but the tourney is a donkfest and there really is not much value in playing it

If you are good at sng , unreg from the Hundred Grand and take the T$ and play sng like the 180 man or what ever you get good ROI on

70 players points is another good way to build T$ as well and build a roll from it
    • MulleKGB01
      MulleKGB01
      Bronze
      I think it is definatly worth playing allthough I would advise u to play a bit LAG style at the beginning since there are loads of donkeys there to pay u out and u often manage to build a good stack early this way.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I'd play in it. Oh, wait, I am playing in it!

Definately play, and sign up to join us in the battle of the donkeys. If you come in the top 8, you can win a stake to play next week on an admin team.

very fun.
    • Kelekin
      Kelekin
      Bronze
      I've played two of them now. The best thing to do (for the players who don't want to buy in for $11) is to join the $2.20 Satellites (the non turbo one). They're held every half hour or hour, and 1 ticket is awarded for every 5.5 people that enter.

Tourney -> Satellite -> Cash : Sunday Hundred Grand $2.20 satellite (in blue text)

If you consider statistically that there is an 18.1% chance of getting a ticket, and it costs exactly 20% of the direct buy in to the tournament, it's a good value satellite. And if you don't want to enter... there's $11 tournament dollars for you.

This is how I play in it anyways. (speaking of which, I still need to qualify for this week)

Last 2 weeks:

June 22 (20852 Participants) - 2773rd (Rivered against - Made $22 something)
      June 29 (18640 Participants) - 1656th (Rivered against, again - Made $18.64)

It's just a fun tourney purely on the amount of players.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      just to let you know kelekin, you should check the dates on threads you are resurrecting :P depending on the topic, an outdated thread can become quite useless on this forum :P
    • Kelekin
      Kelekin
      Bronze
      I replied one day after the last reply, I don't get how I'm resurrecting. :o
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Okay sorry, didn't realize, it wasn't you who resurrected it. But the OP posted on the 24th of June, I noticed that and your post, but didn't look at the post above you.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kelekin
      I've played two of them now. The best thing to do (for the players who don't want to buy in for $11) is to join the $2.20 Satellites (the non turbo one). They're held every half hour or hour, and 1 ticket is awarded for every 5.5 people that enter.

Tourney -> Satellite -> Cash : Sunday Hundred Grand $2.20 satellite (in blue text)

If you consider statistically that there is an 18.1% chance of getting a ticket, and it costs exactly 20% of the direct buy in to the tournament, it's a good value satellite. And if you don't want to enter... there's $11 tournament dollars for you.

This is how I play in it anyways. (speaking of which, I still need to qualify for this week)

Last 2 weeks:

June 22 (20852 Participants) - 2773rd (Rivered against - Made $22 something)
      June 29 (18640 Participants) - 1656th (Rivered against, again - Made $18.64)

It's just a fun tourney purely on the amount of players.
      Hey Kelekin you should sign up in our weekly Sunday Grand Thread (Battle of the Donkeys July 6th)
      when taking part. Gives you a chance to win stakes to the tournament and you take part of our leaderboards :)

Aside from that we have a lot fun :D

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • VinoKOM
      VinoKOM
      Bronze
      @Soy: Please dont encourage unnecessary competition in the BOD.. Im trying desperately 2 hold onto my staking offers in order 2 play ;) ha ha