$100 - $1000, before I get old and smell faintly of wee.

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      So here I am with a new blog and a new idea. I have no clue why I couldn't win during my last outing, but being crap doesn't help.
      So, I have a new plan, this time I won't be total crap, easy game.

I need 1K to buy a new bike for mrs gadget, starting from $100; simples.

A new challenge goes with my sparkly new database and childlike enthusiasm for beating the odds of things.

So, rather than blab on about how I'm going to set goals and targets and what I'm going to study and...and...and...and all that bullshit - coz I klnow it will go straight out the window and I will play half cut and tired and while I have a headache and...and...and...and lots of other 'ands' - I'll just get to the good stuff and post a couple of graphs for fun next time.

Not had time to play many hands yet, but I still rock this little world like the demi-god I obviously am.

As a kid, this video scared me more than having to deliver pizza to Gary Glitter's house.

• 307 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Ok boyzies and girlzies, graphs it is then.

I actually started this last weekend after formatting my pc, resetting it to it's pristine condition and reinstalling 'stuff' like 40 billion updates, of which, three will ask you to 'click ok', to confirm you want them installed. This after 45 minutes of staring at a screen progress indicator - that hasn't shown any 'progress' for 20 munites. X(

Well anyway, a bike may sound like a fairly insignificance in the great scheme that is life's journey, but it's vital for us as mrs gadget is the only breadwinner - and let's face reality here, break even nl4 won't buy much food where we live.

You will of course note the upwardly mobile red line a demi-god like me can achieve, but don't try this at home kids it's dangerous.

Shut up and post a graph ffs. Oh, ok;

[IMG][/IMG

Just a quick note, the upside down graph isn't because I bluffed too much as is the common misconception, it's called 'running into hands' ok? :D I usually cut it short when that happens.

Some classical guitar for eargasm's sake -ah, the incongruity of it, tee hee.

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by gadget51

Some classical guitar for eargasm's sake -ah, the incongruity of it, tee hee.

Nice, this Bach is in my concert program at the moment. Great piece.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      are the graphs all from different sessions or what? or is the 1st one overall and the rest are sessions?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Those are my weekend graphs. My overall graph isn't worth bothering about over such a small sample. But, for your eyes only... :)

[img][IMG]https://imageshack.us/a/img526/3421/results5.png[/IMG][/img]
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      lol i just wasn't sure what time frame the others were in :D

Looking good so far! is that 12BI over ~2k hands? :megusta:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Just under 4K so far and 15 BI at nl4 6max.
      I only posted them to show MC that Mondays don't always suck. :O

Current winrate is a bit over 38bb/100 which is of course easily sustainable - for the rest of today at least. :f_tongue:

Sitting out.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      38/100 :megusta: :megusta:

Is this on unibet? when do you plan on moving up? :D
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Mal!

I'll be following this time from the beginning!

Looks like you finally crush those fish big time on Unibet!

Good luck with the challenge!

Ras
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Ahhhh,
      bloggers with a sense of irony and don't take themselves too seriously.
      A breath of fresh air sir.
      (I only wish I fell into forementioned catagory.)

Shall be following your demi-godlike progress and your innevitable success as you pupeteer your way through the field of mere mortals that stand in your way.

Not had time to play many hands yet, but I still rock this little world like the demi-god I obviously am.

This one I can only assume was not ironic.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      thank you all for dropping bye. Short of taking my kit off I shall try to entertain, sometimes even with a word or two of wisdom - if I can find some somebody wrote philosophically somewhere, er about um, something or other profound - probably.

Forced into an act of extreme romanticism by the pleading eyes of mrs gadget, our hero took up the offer of a bloody walk to bloody town with She Who Must Be Obeyed - and the muttley of course. Did I mention I hate walking? Oh right. X(

This is my dog after a 6 mile walkies, chasing ducks and bunnies and trying her best to roll in dead fish. :s_evil:
      Hmmm, maybe she knows the secret of how to beat nl4.

Anyway, I may (meh, or I may not) post a hand or two I found interesting next time, if there are any.

Run good as usual.

Sitting out.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      how cute! :heart: :heart: :heart:
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      Good luck on the bike budget building! Will follow, but would like to make known that my preference would be for you to continue to stop short of getting your kit off for the blog. It's just that I don't want to feel bad about my less than demi-godlike self, I'm sure you'll understand. :coolface:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This is my dog after a 6 mile walkies, chasing ducks and bunnies and trying her best to roll in dead fish. :s_evil:
      Hmmm, maybe she knows the secret of how to beat nl4.
      Chasing ducks and bunnies works for me, but I draw the line at dead fish.
      LIVE fish on the other hand, I can deal with...
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Subscribed!

Good one Mr Gadget, will be following your progress
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well how drab, haven't played today except for a few hands, I really don't like getting into reg battles, the only winner is the bloody rake most times, or some weak reg who won't fold and hits his hand - wow didn't he play well in a 4bet pot with KT for a gutshot! Pfff.

If I wait 'til the night the drunks will turn up and open shove K8s preflop first in for 100bb ffs, so why bother?

So, a bit boring really, may have to reconsider aforementioned kit removal. :f_eek:

I'm hoping for wine later if I can stay awake long enough. One bottle should do, I'll be playing only 4 tables anyway, I don't want to get spewy under the influence [see what I did there?]. :f_ugly:

This reminds me of why I hate kids.

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      After watching that vid you wonder how the human race survived
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Ok a quick update.

Basically these guys were tough, talk about nofoldemholdem, jeez!

Anyway, a nice graph but a little disappointing even given I played really really nitty - like 14/12 stuff. Did they care? Did they give a shit?

Oh I think not!

BB: $0.88 (22 bb)
      MP: $6.57 (164.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.77 (144.3 bb)
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $7.32 (183 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 9
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 3 Q Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.04, BB calls $0.50 and is all-in

Turn: ($1.78) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($1.78) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $1.78 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 3 Q Q Q 8
      BB showed 7 3 and lost (-$0.88 net)
      Hero showed 9 9 and won $1.68 ($0.80 net)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[img][IMG]https://imageshack.us/a/img846/7632/17102012.png[/IMG][/img]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind, it's a friendly home game with the zimmers tomoz, woohoo!

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator

Never mind, it's a friendly home game with the zimmers tomoz, woohoo!

If the video represents your take on "friendly", I'm glad I'm 4000 miles away.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Greetings fellow demi-gods, I hope I find you all suitably humbled?

There is no hiding place Vorpal, mrs gadget makes intercontinental ballistic homing scones and believe me, you don't want those damned things dropping on your roof; I dropped one on my foot once... :f_eek:

This bike thing may have been a mistake to. The thing is see, SWMBO has a little difficulty with co-ordination and balance. She walks along the path like a good girl and goes into a sort of trance, thereby causing a violent swerving effect to take place and she ends up on the road, whereupon your hero has to save her from being mulched by an 18 wheeler.

Which brings me to the bike. Since she hasn't the confidence to ride a bike downhill; 'because it goes too fast' and she doesn't ride a bike uphill; 'because it's too steep' we are left with
      (a) going round corners on the flat bit
      (b) going straight on the flat bit.

(a) Occasionally lapses into a; 'Mal, wait for me, I forgot to turn' moment and falls off or more often just carries straight on.

(b) Going straight on poses the problem of what can only be decribed as 'going off on one', thus causing mrs gadget to ride off the [as wide as a road] path and down the [very steep] bank,. Panic-struck, she either doesn't put the brakes on at all and crashes headlong into the brambles, or pulls them on so hard she performs a fairly passable Superman impression - again with similar result.

Note that it is your hero and favourite demi-god who is at fault;

(a) for causing the disasterous occurrence in the first place by talking to her while she was 'concentrating'.

(b) Not being capable of moving faster than a neutrino and saving her from a fate worse than death, i.e. messing up her hair.

The house can be very quiet after a trip to town.

Out.