[OFFICIAL Support Thread] HoldemResources Calculator

• plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      Support/feedback thread for the downloadable HoldemResources Calculator.

Features:
      • Offline push/fold Nash ICM calculations for Windows/Mac/Linux
      • Unrestricted range editing
      • Resteal / 3-bet calculations
      • Quick analysis of entire sessions
      • Convenient hand import from HEM1, HEM2, PT3 and PT4 databases
      • Advanced equity models (ICM, Weitzman, FGS)
      • Online sharing of calculations for friends or strategy boards

Requirements:

Guide and Download:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-tools/holdem-resources-calculator/

Screenshots:
      http://www.holdemresources.net/h/products/hrc/screens.html

--

Important: please note that PokerStrategy.com does not take any responsibility for the software advertised in this thread.
      We were not involved in the development and thus cannot guarantee the reliability or proper functionality of this software.
      You use the software described in this thread at your own risk.
  • 375 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Wow!
      Great news!

When I played SnGs I used to use the web-based one all the time.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      So, the web-based calculator isn't available anymore?
    • VBZg
      VBZg
      Gold
      Hey

Great news! I am using HoldemResources Calculator for a some time now (beta version), and can say its awsome softwear (i have SNGWiz, and its not close to HR Calculator).

I am definitely buying licence for next 18 months ($80), if there is anybody intrested for spliting the expences (licence is valid for 2 computers) let me know, im buying anyway. I FIND BUDY FOR SPLITING THE EXPENCES (EDIT) AFTER READING LICENCE (DIDNT DO THAT 1ST TIME), IM QUITING OF THIS, SORRY TO ALL PARTIES ABOUT THIS MISTAKE(2ND EDIT) It is still worth $80 investment.

Please give us notifying e-mails when you scheduel coaching session about how to use HR Calculator, im intrested if i can learn some more about this great softwear.
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      im interested...what are the advantages over sngwiz or icmizer? i am between those 3..also does it require an internet connection always? i will download it and maybe use the trial if it has one
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      So, the web-based calculator isn't available anymore?
      It is still available here:
      http://www.holdemresources.net/h/web-calculators/nashicm.html
      Looks a bit different, though works the same as far as I can tell

--VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      [quote]Originally posted by VBZg

I am definitely buying licence for next 18 months ($80), if there is anybody intrested for spliting the expences (licence is valid for 2 computers) let me know, im buying anyway.[B] [/quote]Read the license carefully.
      Although it may be valid for 2 computers, I'm pretty sure they must be owned by the same person.
    • VBZg
      VBZg
      Gold
      [quote]Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      [quote]Originally posted by VBZg

I am definitely buying licence for next 18 months ($80), if there is anybody intrested for spliting the expences (licence is valid for 2 computers) let me know, im buying anyway.[B] [/quote]Read the license carefully.
      Although it may be valid for 2 computers, I'm pretty sure they must be owned by the same person.[/quote]Thx for abservation, sorry for my mistake to PokerStrategy.com and HoldemResurces Team. Will keep licence entiraly for myself.
    • plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      Sorry for the delayed replies, apparently i messed up with the email notifications.

Originally posted by z0fman
      im interested...what are the advantages over sngwiz or icmizer? i am between those 3..also does it require an internet connection always? i will download it and maybe use the trial if it has one
      It only requires an internet connection to connect to the license server every couple of days. The calculations all take place on your local computer though. There is a 14 day free trial available.

Regarding Wiz, there are mostly the well known Wiz issues:
      *) Handles split pots inaccurately
      *) Default ranges are quite poor
      *) Range Editing is "Slider only", restricted by a Hand-Ranking

Icmizer is similar in some regards. However, it is somewhat limited because of it's online nature. HRC allows import from SQL databases, running automated calculations on entire sessions and deep FGS calculations. These features require a decent bit of RAM/CPU and are hard to do for an online based solution like Icmizer.

Although it may be valid for 2 computers, I'm pretty sure they must be owned by the same person.
      Right. The license is for usage on up to 2 machines, but for the registered user only. (That part is actually bolded in the shop description.)

(Obviously, no problem VBZg.)
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Is HRC for MTTs where more than 10 people get paid? Does it calculate chip-EV? Or provide any altenative method?
    • plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      It currently supports only structures with up to 10 payouts.

But unless you enter stacks of all tables, there is little use for more than 10 payouts and you will typically want to use an approximate structure for these situations anyway. (Most people use winner-takes-all / chipev prior to the final table, but you can also use e.g. 80/20 etc to simulate a small bubble factor.)

As mentioned, you can calculate chipEV by selecting a "winner-takes-all" structure. At this time the EQDiffs are always displayed as %, not in actual chips. The ranges and results are 100% the same though.

This seems to be a frequent request from MTT players recently, i will try to get a Chip display added soon.

(Improved support for spots with multiple tables left is also planned, no ETA yet though.)
    • musashi87
      musashi87
      Gold
      Hello
      Is HRC compatible with Fifty50 payout structure?
    • plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      Yes, you can simply use a 60/10/10/10/10 payout structure to calculate Fifty50ies.
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hey,

Installed the calculator but when I try to input my free trial license it seems like the dialog box with for the license key is not active - I cannot type in it - any Ideas? :)

Thank you in advance!
    • plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      Do you mean the license key field after hitting the "Set License Key" button, or in the main Registration dialog?

(It is not editable in the main dialog to prevent accidental overrides/changes, please use "Set License Key" to enter/edit the key.)
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Oh I see, It is fine then :)
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think I found a bug in the calculator:

When I want to analyze a particular hand and copy it from HEM to the clipboard and then from the clipboard into the calculator If I was all in first in the hand, and I won it uncontested it coppies the stack sizes incorrectly - it shows them as if I have already won the hand.
    • plexiq
      plexiq
      Diamond
      What poker site is the HH from?

Please send the hand to support@holdemresources.net, or post here if you dont mind.

Thanks!
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hi,

The hand is from the Ongame network, I will post it as soon as I get home...
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Ongame Network No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75.00/t150.00 Blinds - 3 players - View hand 1979311
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t4600.00 30.67 BBs
      Hero (BTN): t1730.00 11.53 BBs
      SB: t1170.00 7.80 BBs

Pre Flop: (t225) Hero is BTN with 4 :heart: 4 :club:
      Hero raises to t1730, 2 folds

Here is a hand that shows this example - When I paste this hand in the calculator the stacks are:
      1955 - BU
      1095 - SB
      4450 - BB