Skyrocket Your Productivity - New Blog From Schnitzelfisch

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze

About me

I'm pokerstrategy's first productivity coach. I am the author of the Guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity, I currently host Learn to Win coachings and I also offer Private productivity coachings.

I am currently in the last year of computer science uni (just a backup plan), a productivity coach and a PLO player (for fun mostly).

My goal is to travel around the world and be financially independent, to have the freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want. I also want to be able to help people and provide my future family with everything it needs for a pleasant living.

The destination

I have chosen a million dollars as a goal. Why, you ask? Well, I know that a million dollar isn't a whole lot of money. To live a balla lifestyle, drive around in ferraris and live in a luxury house, I would probably need more like $30m. However, $1m is still a decent stop on the way there and also a personal goal - I have always wanted to be a millionaire. $1m is still more than enough to be able to travel a lot and be somewhat financially independent, as long as you don't live above your means.

How long do you think it will take you?

Well, the average time to reach $1m is supposedly about 6 years, but hopefully I'll be able to reach it faster than that, to be able to really enjoy my youth.

Any short-term goals?

The plan is to make $2-$3k by the end of this year, then the next year we will have way more interesting numbers :) .

Why are you even doing this?

Mostly to show that the recession and the economy crisis don't really matter. I want to show you that it's possible to succeed at any time, no matter how hard the times seem to be.

I would also like to show you how the techniques that I teach work in action and the results that they bring.

How will you do this?

Most importantly, I am going to diversify my income. The plan is to earn income actively from the sources like private coachings, seminars, producing videos, working on some projects within poker and out of poker, and of course playing a bit of poker as well.

I am also going to be developing passive streams of income in the meanwhile. I plan to write a book and also open an online course with some awesome material. But more details about that will come in the future months.

In the future, I am also going to focus on investing my money. To begin with, I will probably invest in poker staking, but later on I will also focus on investing in businesses.

I will also invest a decent amount of money in myself. I constantly buy and read new books, I will attend conferences/online courses if I find some good ones that interest me, and I will also invest in travelling around and meeting new people. If the diamond parties are going to work in the same way the next year as they did this year, my goal is to attend every single one of them if possible.

I will be switching the focus on projects relatively often I suppose. I will decide with each week which areas I am going to grow in and which I am going to maintain. That should provide me with a relatively balanced lifestyle in the long run, but also make it way more fun than if I just had a daily routine. Of course this doesn't mean that I will be starting new projects all the time - I will first finish one project before starting another.

But this is a poker forum, are you going to play some poker as well?

At the moment, I am only playing ZOOM PLO25 for fun. I use it mostly to fill up the time when I don't feel like working on other projects any more but still want to be productive. I have a friend next to me in an office who plays PLO25/PLO50 and we constantly have sweat sessions + hand review sessions, so the improvement is amazing. I plan to move to ZOOM PLO50 in January, so I'll have to work on my game until then. I am also getting coached by TomGrill, and the first session with him went really good - I love his thought process explanations!

You mentioned an office?!

Yeah, we have decided to rent an office with 3 more poker players in October. It has to be one of the best decisions in my life :) . The motivated and positive environment really helps us get a lot more done, and the office also provides a relatively peaceful place where I can host my coachings without being disturbed.

But aren't you going to spend all the money that you earn?

Well, of course I am going to spend some of the money that I earn, but I will try to save/invest the majority of it. I will use the concept of conscious spending (Ramit Sethi's book "I will teach you to be rich"), which basically means that I am going to spend money on the things that are important to me and avoid spending it on the things that aren't important to me.

And what is important to you?

Good food and good drinks. This might be kind of astonishing as I am definitely a fan of healthy nutrition, but I really enjoy eating gourmet food such as lobsters, truffles, etc. and drinking good wine and rums. My girlfriend is pretty similar to me in that area which is why we go to a fancy restaurant about once a month where we don't really care about the money and mostly focus on enjoying ourselves.

Here's a 1kg Singapore crab in peppercorn sauce from a couple of days ago:

Other things that I will spend money on are travelling and adrenaline sports - I am going to go bungee jumping, skydiving, canyoning etc. in the Spring. Oh, and skiing + snowboarding as well of course :) .

How often are you going to update your blog?

I will write weekly updates in which I will review the previous week and make plans for the next one. Once a month I will also give you an update on the progress of my challenge, but unfortunately it won't be a really detailed one (I won't be able to tell you how much money I gain from which stream of income). I will also be around to answer your questions of course :) .

And when you finish your challenge, what will you do and what's next?

The first thing that I am going to do is buy one of these:

Then, I am probably going to move on to something bigger like a $30m challenge. We'll see ;) .

Can you teach me how to be more productive as well? Or help me live a lifestyle similar as you do?

Absolutely! You should visit my Private coaching thread for details on my coachings. I can help you be come more productive, get more things done, set up multiple streams of income, live an awesome life and reach any goals that you might set :) .

[B]So, what is your first week going to look like?[/b]

Well, last week I have worked intensively on some uni projects, but this week, the main focus will be on improving my PLO game. I will also take some time off to recover and have a couple of coachings.

See you in a week!

-SF
  • 390 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well this sounds like fun SF! I think a million is a LOT of money by the way! :D

It will certainly be very interesting to see how you ride the swings and roundabouts from a coach's perspective.

Starting with me, I think you just get one or two subscribers for this one! :s_cool:

Mal.
    • goranbaxy
      goranbaxy
      Bronze
      subscribed :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Best of luck Primzi! =)
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Good luck mate! Glad you chose this over the bucket list. :)
    • MisterFab
      MisterFab
      Bronze
      Good luck. I believe You can do it !
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      October review

Here's a short review for October:

-The private coachings are going surprisingly well - a decent amount of customers, great feedback, great progress with them.
      -Did a lot of sweat sessions and also 2 private coachings. Poker volume was rather bad as it wasn't really a priority. I did improve my game a lot though.
      -Live coachings went very nicely.
      -I've started working on an online course project with a friend - we'll see how that goes in the future months.

As for my goal, $2k/$3k until the end of the year... Right now, my online balance is at ~$1.7k (ahead of schedule :D ). So my $million challenge is 0.17% completed :D . I think I should make the goal $3k-$5k till the end of the year, that should make it more interesting :) .

What's next in November?

-Maintaining the private coachings in the first half of November, growing in that area in the second half of November.
      -I will be starting some new projects together with pokerstrategy, watch the news closely to find out about them :) .
      -Poker-wise, I am going to focus on improving my game a lot in the next 2 weeks and also putting in some volume throughout the month (maybe 30k hands? we'll see).
      -I'll be in Vienna 22nd Nov -> 25th Nov for the diamond party; contact me if you want to meet up!

-SF
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi SF!

Following your challenge since it`s beginning and wish you all the best on achieving your goals, and of course, keeping your motivation this high all along in this project!

Came across some of your podcast coaching on productivity and I wanted to know if these coachings are still included in your schedule? If they are, what are those timings?

tnx and gl
      =)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey rupucis2,

you can expect more info on that in the following days ;) .

-SF
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Would of met in Vienna, but not going anymore ;(

Will subscribe, will see you in 4YEARS at the Million$ partaayy :D
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      GL, subscribed ;)

Hopefully gonna meet you in Vienna :P
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      nice goal! gl sir :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Week 1

It's time for the first weekly review :) .

The coachings went nicely, there was a nice amount of recovery, and the poker was alright. I've had lunches with 2 old friends which were really nice.

Poker wise, I went through Lechrumski's video on preflop starting hands video and took notes + the time to really understand it, then I've also discussed the subject with my coach via a private coaching. Then, I have successfully applied it to my game.

I've had 3 hours of sweat sessions with a friend, played ~5 hours of poker and reviewed ~25 hands. I will be more involved in the German hand evaluations in the future to improve my German language skills.

You could say that that's not a whole lot of time invested in poker, but I mostly care about quality over quantity. For example, I don't see much sense in just "grinding" without focusing on improving in some area at the moment.

Therefore, until I reach PLO50 or PLO100, I am only going to play as much as necessary to apply the concepts that I learn. Playing without applying anything would be a waste of time for me. Therefore, instead of a 30k hands goal, I will rather focus on going through and applying one of Lechrumski's videos each week. That should be way better in the long run than just mindlessly grinding just to reach a certain amount of hands.

Now, of course I could invest more time into poker, but there is a reason I chose not to. My GF had a birthday on Friday, so I've spent a big part of Thursday planning it and baking a raspberry + chocolate mousse cake. On Friday, we went to the seaside where we revisited a restaurant which we really liked the previous time. We decided to try out the white truffles degustation menus as we both really like truffles. So, here's what we ate:

Sea bass carpaccio with white truffles

Scallop with white truffles

White truffle soup

Pasta with white truffles

Sea bass fillet with white truffles sauce and baked white corn meal

Mint ice cream with grappa

With the meal, we've also had some amazing (also very sweet) wine:

Donnafugata Ben Rye 2007

And of course I also had to try out some porto wine (vintage port 1987). Now, let's start with the degustation menus. The cost of them was 70€/person. I must say that we were a bit disappointed, probably because of the very high expectations we've had. Most of the dishes were too salty, which killed the taste of truffles. It was worth a try, but I'm not sure if we're ever going to eat truffles at this restaurant again.

The wine on the other hand was really, really good. Probably one of the best wines I've ever had. The color is amazing, it smelled really nice and different from the usual muscat, and the taste was very rich and different than usually as well. The price was 13€/glass, but it was well worth the money in my opinion.

The port was at 6.5€/0.05l, and it was pretty good. The color was nice dark red, the taste was moderately sweet, and I loved that it didn't taste too alcohol-ish like the younger vintages usually do.

On the Friday evening we've had a party with some friends where we ate the cake, drank a decent amount and played some activity.

On Saturday, we decided to go for a hike around the city and stopped at an average sushi place:

The sushi was pretty good (not the best we've ever eaten, but I suppose you could at least call it sushi :) ), and we ate a lot of it (way more than on the picture). The price was about 45€ for the whole meal.

During the next week, I am going to try to finish the uni homework as soon as possible, invest some time into poker and have the weekend off to recover most likely. It's my birthday on Friday, so there should be a fun report next Monday :) .

-SF
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hehe! Good meal is very important! And it is important for meal to taste good as well (For me - I don`t like truffles and sushi). :D
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I have never even tried truffles or sushi :f_cool:

I'm almost certain I will not like them.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Aww, forget those investments. Grind PLO, live baller life, get girls, drive fast cars.

And lose it all in one tilt session.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Here we go, another week another update :) .

Weekly review + party time

The previous week went mostly as planned - the focus was on uni projects, which will allow me to breathe a bit more later on. I have also taken the time to recover, party and socialize with GF, family and friends - which is what I am really happy about :) .

As already mentioned, it was my birthday on Friday. I've had a great day with my GF, went to a sauna, got some lunch, etc. Unfortunately I don't have any photos this time as we forgot to take them :( , but it was a great experience nevertheless!

This sadly means that there wasn't all that much time for poker left, but that's understandable. It wasn't a priority, so it's not a problem. This week I will watch and apply a new video + discuss it with my coach, and try to have a couple of sweat sessions as well.

The focus this week will however be on producing more content - finishing the productivity guide and looking into some video projects. The projects that I will be working on with Pokerstrategy got delayed a bit unfortunately, which is the reason why I still have a decent amount of time in November.

I will also have a couple of private coachings with my students, so it should be a fun week :) . If you're interested in those, don't wait until tomorrow - contact me as soon as possible. Prices will go up in the future, so this is a great opportunity to hire me at a reasonable rate :) .

Money-wise, this month hasn't been the best. I have probably spent ~500€ just on the 2 birthdays, and I should spend a couple of hundred € on my trip to Vienna as well. But it's ok because I actually want to spend the money on those things :) . I'm sure that I will make up for it in the end of November and in December.

Yearly review

This is also the time of the year when I like to reflect on the previous year and think about the next year for a bit. I must say that the last year was pretty amazing. I have improved a lot as a person, learned a lot of new things, taught them to a lot of people and changed a lot of peoples' lives. I have also had a great time with my GF, a good relationship with my family and I've also met quite a few interesting people.

What would I like to do differently next year? Well, if the next year is at least half as good as this one, it's going to be a great year. But to make it more fun, why not make it twice as better :) ? I will focus more on meeting new people, producing even more good content, finishing a couple of projects on my own and travelling more as well. Destination: European big cities :) .

-SF
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Happy birthday :) Great blog, I like it. And good luck with your challenge :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Thank you very much, you made a poor student very hungry with your great pictures :D

Edit: GL with your project mate!
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Keep going mate!