Canadians: How do you get money into your Skrill account?

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I live in Canada, and there is a peculiar law here that forbids me using any of my credit cards for offshore gambling.
      --If there ARE Canadian credit cards that will work, please let me know...

I COULD use a wire transfer, but when I tried using the information provided by Skrill, the bank teller said that it was not enough information,

This is the information I have:
      Account holder: Moneybookers Ltd.
      Bank: Commerzbank
      City/Town: Frankfurt am Main
      SWIFT: COBADEFF
      IBAN: DE23500400000581732500
      Account currency: EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, SGD, HUF, AED, SAR, QAR, MAD, JOD, TND, OMR, RSD, RON

Since CAD is listed, I presume that this is possible.

Has anyone successfully uploaded money to Skrill from within Canada?
      If so, how did you do it?
      What bank did you use? -- I'm guessing that the teller I had just didn't know.

I want to consolidate my poker bankrolls in one place so that I can move money more easily between rooms.

Thanks in advance for all you help...
      --VS
  • 6 replies
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      I uploaded funds once from RBC, but the fee was an ugly $13.95, then you have

to convert the funds(better to have the poker site do it,(at least PokerStars is

less greedy, they even pay more when the loonie is higher than USD.

I believe I also registered my CAD bank acct. with skrill, so I think it goes both ways.

I have all the same info as you, did you use your access code(skrill) as well?

The funds were available almost instantly, which was cool, but I had to type the purpose of the transfer in my bank's page, obv. it was for "online purchases".

I found someone who could transfer skrill to skrill, but as far as keeping a roll there.....idk.

I like my e-checks on Stars, no fees, no problems, money credited and then clears in ~6 days.

Mayhap someone else is more savvy :)
    • ShumaG
      ShumaG
      Bronze
      I did this, find a friend to wire money into your skrill account, then if you deposit onto a poker room where you already have a bankroll you can withdraw freely into your account. Just make sure you have your limits increased on skrill by verifying your address and send yourself cheques. Dont know if this helps you, good luck.
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F

This is the information I have:
      Account holder: Moneybookers Ltd.
      Bank: Commerzbank
      City/Town: Frankfurt am Main
      SWIFT: COBADEFF
      IBAN: DE23500400000581732500
      Account currency: EUR, GBP, CAD, JPY, SGD, HUF, AED, SAR, QAR, MAD, JOD, TND, OMR, RSD, RON

I don't know the Canadian system to the letter but to me you seem to have more than enough information to complete the transfer. I'd blame it on the teller.

Can you not complete the wire transfer online? There should be something like "International transfer" in your online banking account.
    • Weissr
      Weissr
      Bronze
      Best way I found to get money on Skrill/moneybookers was to make a deposit on Pokerstars with however u want (Mastercard, Ukash, etc) then withdraw it to your moneybookers account.

Make sure you make your Moneybookers account in USD funds so you don't have to pay exchange fees all the time (because most poker sites are in USD).
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hmmmm,
      I did not think that it was possible to withdraw to Skrill unless you first verified the account by depositing.

Today I spent about an hour in the bank, and after considerable monkeying around, we did manage to get the transfer from my bank account to Skrill to succeed.

For my next trick, I will wait patiently until the $ appears in my Skrill account -- it says it takes 2-3 business days -- then make a token deposit on 770 from my Skrill account.

The next hurdle then, will be to attempt a withdrawal.

On Stars, Party and Full Tilt, I can just transfer money in and out of my bank account w/ no charge. So civilized.

--VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Received in email today
      Dear Vorpal Swordsman,

Greetings from Skrill (Moneybookers)! We would like to inform you that you have successfully deposited CAD xxx to your Skrill (Moneybookers) account. You can check the newly created transaction in My Account/History section after you log in your Skrill (Moneybookers) account.
      Woot! Now I'll be able to move funds between poker rooms.

I spent the best part of an hour on Monday at the bank.
      It turns out that in order to complete the transaction, the address of the bank in Germany is required, but the clever teller looked that up.
      The other wrinkle is that the bank's city was given as "Frankfurt am Main", but the teller could only find a branch in "Frankfurt" without the "am Main" and took a fair bit of convincing to get her to "just do it".

Then there was some discussion of who the "beneficiary" was.
      We decided it would be me -- c/o Moneybookers.

The fee for the wire transfer was steep. Had I transferred a larger amount, the fee would have been the same dollar amount, thus less percentage. Hopefully I will not need to upload funds again.

Since Skrill/Moneybookers does not charge to move money between themselves and poker rooms, the next fee will be on withdrawal.

Also, all of my poker room accounts are in CAD, so there will be no exchange fees moving money in and out. When playing, the conversion happens when I play, but there are no conversion fees, just the exchange rate.

So I'm good to go.

Thanks to all who helped...
      --VS