My reign is as far as your eyes can see
      It's amazing, so amazing
      It's amazing

[b]I'm a monster, I'm a maven
      I know this world is changing
      Never gave in, never gave up
      I'm the only thing I'm afraid of

[x] History

Ever since my youth I was interested in cardgames: Blackjack, Poker, Magic : The Gathering, Pokemon, Dragonball-Z, LOTR.
      Mostly I used to finetune 1 style and beat all other guys with it during Tourneys and stuff.

I played Poker too and thought I was ''a winning player''.... NOT! I was predictable as hell, slowplayed every monster, called too much thus being too passive and above all, it was Emotion-Poker: There was no logic in my plays.

I'm also very fond of gaming, besides Poker now, I game a lot. RTS, FPS, MMORPG etc.etc. I also counted OnlinePoker with friends as games because we played with play-money and usually Go All-in every round :D

Then someone was advertising PokerStrategy with his referrer's link and I sincerely hope you enjoy your TAF bonus because of me.
      So when I came accross this website, signed up, learned some basic rules again ; I relearned the terms they were using on for instance Television etc.

I signed up for PartyPoker since I already played Play money there and it seems more comfortable. And I took Poker serious... Serious

Instead of tweaking card decks from cardgames like Magic or making tactics on FPS games like CounterStrike or COD - I spent my time on Poker wisely.
      This means:
      1. Reading, rereading and studying important Articles of importance
      2. Watching videos of solid poker players
      3. Coachings
      4. Sample Hand Postings
      My Principle: Learn -> Play -> Evaluate -> Learn -> Play ...

My Motivation: Dedicated to Perform.

My attitude, mindset may sound arrogant, cocky but that's how I view the world & poker. It's for me the best remedy to prevent yourself not to take opportunities. It's almost Illusions/Delusions of Grandeur but I rather call it ''Gerveur'' :D

Ansky taught me five key values:
      * Be Relentless
      * Have blind confidence
      * Be Perfect
      * Be Humble
      * Be Creative[/b]

And ofcourse I add ''Be Dedicated'' to this list as well from my own experience

As of September 2010, I current live in Denmark, studying there what I always wanted to do :f_cool:

Originally I am from Holland hence being part of the Orange Legion. Having the best, most entertaining Football team in the World :)

[x] Contact:

Private coaching thread:
      [Private Coaching] NL BSS/SSS/MSS by Gerv

Or simply reply here and I will answer :]

Any Comments/Feedback/Recommendations/Requests regarding this blog or my plays are highly appreciated!
      If something is not clear, just ask - I try to answer as soon as possible ;)

Have fun!

Updated: 31st of March '11
  • 3597 replies
    • DeKuip
      Oh boy, what am I glad to see this blog :D
      There is so much I can learn from you, I hope you can keep this up-to-date!!

I'll read every single letter, that's for sure.

It also looks very neat and tidy.
      You'll run up those limits in no-time if you continue like this!

Good luck and keep posting here, I'll be very grateful!! (already am tbh :D )
    • Gerv
      [x] 6th of July Late Night Session

So I celebrated my SoccerTeam victory over a maincompetitor for the Championship by preparing myself for Poker session. However I had an intensive session yesterday and the day before so I urged to do it Laidback this time.

So program started, music playing & mind focussing on 23:18 CET and let's get some action:

23:18 - 23:33 CET , Starting with 4 Tables to get my mind used to Poker:
      My queens doubled up earlier against AKo. However soon after that my AQo failed to stand up against a KJs who pushed me all-in PostFlop when he had an OESD

23:33 CET - 00:13 CET , I expanded to 6 Tables with one being a Beginner Table. I told DeKuip that 1 Beginner table while playing is a good motivation booster for 2 simple reasons:
      1] Every round you are not playing your hand , it is really a Circus or in my eyes some Bank Transfers going on. Players pushing All-In with Trash, oh-my..

2] PreFlop Monsters will generate most action and profit on Beginners table than on regular tables. They call, call and call.
      Hey do I have got Ace Ten? that's BLACKJACK! [...] Why did I lost? O gee this is Poker :( Let's rebuy to 100BB again and see what happens
      To illustrate this and also show that you never ever SlowPlay PocketKings:
      Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with 5
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.70) 2 (7 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($2.00) A (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40, MP1 raises to $0.70, MP3 calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, BB calls $0.30

River: ($4.80) 7 (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.10, MP3 raises to $8.20 and is all-in, BTN folds, BB folds, MP1 calls $8.10

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $21.20 pot ($1.00 rake)
      MP1 showed Kc Ks (a pair of Kings) and lost (-$9.30 net)
      MP3 showed 6d 3d (a flush, Ace high) and won $20.20 ($10.90 net)

So back to my GamePlay:

[23:35] I got pushed all in with a J 9 9 Flop while I have JQo (FreePlay) so I called and doubled up, He hoped for his backdoorflushdraw or an Ace.

[23:45] UTG+1 3-betted All-in, and I called with my Queens. Luckily it was Queens vs Jacks vs Tens because UTG+2 decided to call as well.
      I tripled up there.

[23:46] On the other table I pushed AQo on a K:club: 2:club: 8:diamond: board. I got called by 6:club: 5:club: and he hits his flush on the turn. Unlucky, Rebuy to $2.

[00:00] SB completes first in and I have AQo on BB. I raise 4BB to steal it mostly. Within a split-second he pushed me All-In (He bets with his fullstack). ($1.45//$0.4) = 3.6 so it gives me the odds to call/push.
      I doubled up simply because he had J6o :D .
      I made a note of him, added him on my buddy list and continued playing because...

[00:01] On another table I got dealt AKo and this seemed like an Auction Session of Paintings:

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 10 Players

Hero (MP1): $2.10 (21 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $9.90 (99 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with A K
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.10, 3 folds, UTG calls $1, UTG+2 calls $1, Hero raises to $2.10 and is all-in, MP2 calls $1.50, CO raises to $10 and is all-in, UTG calls $8.80 and is all-in, 2 folds

Flop: ($25.25) 2 T J (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      Turn: ($25.25) 6 (3 players, 3 are all-in)
      River: ($25.25) Q (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $25.25 pot ($1.00 rake)
      CO showed Jh Ah (a pair of Jacks) and won $15.08 ($5.18 net)
      UTG mucked 9c 7c (high card Queen) and lost (-$9.90 net)
      Hero showed Ad Kc (a straight, Ten to Ace) and won $9.17 ($7.07 net)

Concluded: I Quadripled up :)
      I was already unchecking my Autopost Blinds feature but nevertheless in this short amount of time I got the following hands:

[00:08] Aces in a dream scenario!
      UTG+2 raises to 5BB, SB Calls, I push All-In, both calls. I hit my nutflush and Tripled up.

[00:09] I got dealt AKs on my other table I wasnt doubled up yet. I left the tables where I doubled up as soon as I had to play blinds so I was playing on 3 tables at this moment.
      Preflop raise to 4BB, BB calls so HeadsUp.
      Flop comes Q:diamond: J:diamond: 5:spade: with my A:diamond: K:diamond:
      He donkbets 4BB with Q4s of :heart: so I pushed and got paid off with a nutflush.

[00:10] On the other table I got dealt an AKo when I was on the BB.
      CO raises to 4BB, SB calls, I push and only CO calls me.
      I hit 2 pair eventually and doubled up. He had AQo so that's why I never push/call a reraise when I have AQs/o

[00:12] The last out of the 3 tables I was currently playing on I got dealt AKo again. Unfortunately UTG raises to 4BB where I pushed again with 20BB and PartyPoker showed me AKs. Sadly the board comes with 3 hearts giving him a nutflush. Nothing I can do about, it should not destroy my mood.

Total amount won:
      +$14~ (300± Hands)

I think this post was a little bit too long so I want to make it shorter ;)

• jmackenzie
      I gotta say this is one hell of an organised blog doing good so far and will come back to see your progress soon
    • Gerv
      Thank you jmackenzie , I appreciate your comment :)

How are you doing? Do you have a blog at this moment?
    • VinoKOM
      This is 1 awesom blog man! Well done :)
    • arjun2001
      Now this is what I call a true blog, you could do something like this on your own website when you make NL 400 and then make money off ads..... :D

Good luck you seem to be doing good.... Keep us posted.
    • Gerv
      [x] 7th of July: 7 is a restday

Thanks for all the compliments so far :)

Yes That's true, I decided to not play tonight because I am feeling very tired. Although I do not play on PartyPoker tonight, I just finished a short TitanPoker session because it got retracked today.

Unfortunately I only got a bankroll of $32.75 there so I decided to play some SSS NL10 there.

My overall feeling towards TitanPoker has been downgrading after every hand I played. I managed to play 355 Hands on 5 á 6 tables in 1 hour and 55 minutes.
      Titan's Speed is surely lacking ;) gee.

Concerning the hands I played, I managed to feel both lucky and unlucky and now I know how some feel towards Titan or should I say Tightan?

My Q5 on the Button got minraised from SB, I push him all-in and sadly I was facing an AQo. luckily(?) I hit a 5 and doubled up.

I decided to steal with QJ on SB , BB calls. Flop comes T:diamond: 5:diamond: J :spade: .
      I C-bet 6BB and in response he reraises all-in (15BB). I quickly called and then he showed me AJo.
      On the river I luckily(?) hit my Queen.

At the end I lost a coinflip with my 3s against AKo (I had a note of him that he stealed me twice before ) with a King popping up - luckily(?) - on the river.

Anyways the Hand of Today:
      Titan Poker Campbellsburg 0.05/0.10, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | [color:#C00000]saw showdown[/color]

SB [color:#C00000]SB ($10.92)[/color]
      MP [color:#C00000]Hero ($1.90)[/color]

Preflop: Hero is in MP with J :spade: J :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to 0.40, 5 folds, SB calls 0.35, 1 fold.

Flop (0.90) Q :heart: 3 :spade: 5 :diamond:
      SB bets 0.50, Hero raises to 1.50, SB calls 1.00.

Turn (3.90) 3 :diamond:

River (3.90) T :diamond:

SB shows 4 :diamond: A :diamond:
      Hero shows J :spade: J :club:

SB wins 3.90 with Flush (Diamonds) with Ace high

So to sum TitanPoker up in a few pros and cons in my opinion:

Titan Poker =

+ Excellent Support
      + Awesome SummerRakeBack Deal via (40%)
      + Seeing the Hole Cards of Villain when I go All-In
      + PS FreeRolls & League

- Slow software (~60 hands per hour at most)
      - Non-resizable tables
      - Long long long.. waiting lists (8+)
      - MultiCurrency Engine (I don't like it since they can take advantage of it)
      - Annoying Hand History Engine (.xml file)
      - A lot of Tight & ShortStacked players on NL10
      - Not many Fullring tables

Do I recommend you to play there?

Yes for July & August only because of the RakeBack deal otherwise avoid any iPoker Skin Platform at any cost!

So what I am going to do with TitanPoker is to generate at least $25 rake to get my $10 back. Clearing the Titan bonus in order to withdraw the money as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!
    • Gerv
      [x] Hard work ; nothing gained

Dear readers

I started my day working from 09:00 CET untill 16:45 CET. I worked literally my ass off. I don't mind actually, sometimes physical work will increase your Poker focus. And it did :D

I went home and was actually very exhausted. Nonetheless some coffee gives you a boost.

I told Leo I was going to play some SSS on PartyPoker although he did not responded because he was ''semi-AFK''.... Sure :tongue:

Before proceeding to how my session went I want to take a note that I only made 1 mistake regarding my play after analyzing.

This mistake was in fact my first ever hand I played and gosh I prohibited myself to start with 6 tables at once.. Called a 3BB raise from MP1 while I was BB.
      Soon after I donkbetted the river (Board 5 A 3 2 Rainbow) I was facing AQo :rolleyes:

Today was a day of getting the cards dealt at the wrong time. I did not tilt, I did not cared more or less. SSS is also affected by the cards you got dealt with.

What and how did I lost? Well my c-bets got re-raised and according to the villain-raise-you-chart, you have to go all-in when a certain ratio is met. And every single time I met those requirement thus going All-In.

Again: I did not mind losing because the next X times: I will Win :)

- Lost 2 times AKo preflop Push because I got reraised.
      - Lost AKs with a monsterdraw on the flop when I pushed all-in on the flop. No hit on turn nor river (Flushdraw + 2 overcards + Gutshotstraightdraw)
      - Aces cracked against Queens on the turn (It happens yeh, next 10 times I win)
      - Due my stacksize I went all-in with Pocket nines while the board was J Q 3 rainbow. He had a jack ''suprisingly''

Im looking forward to Friday because then Im in Spain with friends :D

Anyway the Graph and results:
      +21 Standard PartyPoints (6.6 left for 2nd Slab of $25 :D )
      618 Hands in 2 Hours (Yeh beat that Titan!)

Hand of Today: To King or Not to King That's The Question.

Hero (BB): $1.75 (17.5 bb)
      MP1: $2.58 (25.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 2
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40) 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, MP2 folds, SB folds

Turn: ($0.80) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35

River: ($1.50) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.80, Hero folds

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $1.50 pot ($0.07 rake)
      MP1 mucked and won $1.43 ($0.78 net)
    • Gerv
      [x] Solid Played Solid Played!

So good work pays off as usual and I am still satisfied with my play. Seldom I face a Dilemma but when I got one I will post the sample hand in the SSS Section.

After the session I posted 2 hands already so check them out:
      Sample Hand #1
      Sample Hand #2

Feel free to comment on it, it is always helpful to get constructive feedback :)

So what happened before/during and after this session?
      Well firstly I was freaking out because TitanPoker contained Malware. Well at least Alvira AntiVir reported it 24/7 so I download G-data AntiVirus, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper in order to remove any viruses/keyloggers. Just in case.

Also Leo asked me if he could spectate my session with Teamviewer. unfortunately he had to leave and I played my session with Justin Timberlake, Mattafix, Fort Minor, Queen and the TeddyBears in my Earplug.

I managed to Double up Three times because of the same Donkey on 3 different tables. Yes I stalked him, he didnt noticed :D
      The first one was with Queens, he raised 4BB to me from SB, I instantly went All-in. He called with a Ten and a Deuce. Offsuit & ofcourse I win.

Then on another table (coincidence at first!) he limped on Mp2, I raised to 5BB with AQo while i was Mp3. Everyone folds except... This Donkey

He instead raises to $2 (4x). He didn't noticed I had $2.12 so I went all-in. He called.
      I pair an Ace and won. In the end I looked up what he had. Well its better than a Ten-Deuce: Pocket sixes

[.. 15 minutes later ..]

At last, I got dealt KQo on SB. UTG1, UTG3 & MP2 were limping so I went all-in with a stack of 19BB (raising to 7BB wouldnt make sense since I was pot committed on any flop.)
      Guess who folds and calls.

UTG1, UTG3 & MP2 folded.
      And Mr. Donkey on BB called.

Flop comes K T 9 with 2 Clubs
      Turn comes Q :heart:
      River comes 2 :heart:

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $4.10 pot ($0.20 rake)
      BB showed 2d Ac (a pair of Twos) and lost (-$1.90 net)
      Hero showed Qs Kh (two pairs, Kings and Queens) and won $3.90 ($2.00 net)

I concluded it was quite an entertaining session but still during these periods, you should keep your head focussed on the game. Otherwise you would be an entertainer as well :rolleyes:

Hand of Today:[/b]

BTN: $9.61 (96.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.09 (20.9 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 6
      7 folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BTN calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.55) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

River: ($1.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.44 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.14

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $4.23 pot ($0.21 rake)
      BTN showed 3h 6h (two pairs, Sixes and Fours) and lost (-$2.09 net)
      Hero showed 6c 5d (a straight, Three to Seven) and won $4.02 ($1.93 net)

So 1 day is remaining between Me and Spain :) I hope you guys also have a great vacation!

Session Time: 1h 40min.
      Hands played: 534
      Profit/Loss: +$5.78 (2.5~ BuyIns)
      Extra: Cleared 2nd Slab of the $100 Bonus
      BankRoll: Reasonable for NL25
      Playing Skill during Session (0=Disastrous,10=Perfect): 8
    • Gerv
      [x] 1 Day before Spain

Let's start with the graph. I took 2 mini-sessions instead of 1 big one.

Suckout after suckout. Argh but still I managed to quit when the damage was minimal :) .

Around 11:00 CET I began Trialling on NL20 on Titan Poker with a very Progressive BRM. I played on 5 tables and managed to win an all-in.
      I played this session because I want to get used to NL25 as soon as possible. Nevertheless I don't like rushing things.
      I also was kinda fraid of Scared money so I did well there for my first time.
      +$5.72 there in 1 hour play (355 hands).

Now going back to my main PartyPoker account. There it went from Good to Bad to Worse Suckouts.

I am not going to post all six because some contain AKs vs JJ for example and losing that happens and winning that happens too. That's just poker & it is quickly accepted.

The following hands will explain my state of mind however I am not tilting but rather laughing because I could predict my outcome after I saw every flop (creepy) :)

Party Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with Q
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $1.95 and is all-in, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.85, CO folds

Flop: ($4.15) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: ($4.15) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($4.15) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $4.15 pot ($0.20 rake)
      MP2 showed 6d 4d (a flush, Ace high) and won $3.95 ($2 net) :D
      Hero mucked Qs Qh (a pair of Queens) and lost (-$1.95 net)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with J J
      8 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $2.18 and is all-in, SB calls $1.50 and is all-in

Flop: ($3.80) 7 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: ($3.80) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($3.80) 9 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $3.80 pot ($0.19 rake)
      SB showed 8c Tc (a straight flush, Six to Ten) and won $3.61 ($1.71 net) RESTECP for StraightFlush
      Hero showed Jh Js (a pair of Jacks) and lost (-$1.90 net)

However it was not a degenerating session. I saw also donks limping with Kings and eventually got sucked out by my 94s on Freeplay when Flop came 4 4 3. Funny how.

Im not going to post any Shrek Donkeys anymore. Seems they are possessed with Backfiring material :D

I make small adjustment in my short/long term goals:
      ~ Short Term
      + Read 'Every Hand Revealed' and Study it with Aussie Millions '07 footage
      + Enjoying a summer holiday in Spain
      + Continueing trialling on NL20/25 on Party & Titan
      + Getting $10 in the SummerDeal of Titan

~ Long Term
      + Study Super System 2

This was my last post in my blog. It will be inactive for 10 Days at least due my vacation.

Please post any comments/questions/feedback , I thank you.

Session Time: 2h
      Hands played: 650
      Profit/Loss: -$11.02 (5.5~ BuyIns)
      Extra: Reached my weekly points goal, Trialling on Nl20/25
      Playing Skill during Session (0=Disastrous,10=Perfect): 6[/center]
    • SoyCD
      Hey Gerv, probably one of the prettiest blogs I've seen so far :)

It looks like you have a very professional approach at the game - enjoy your holidays in Spain - where are you going exactly?

Best regards,
    • Gerv
      Hey SoyCD! I am going to Costa Brava, Lloret to be precisely :) It will be fun
    • Zeffke
      It's good to read/study books, but I think for NL-players over here, Super System isn't the best book around to be honest... I think it's a little to old

Good luck and enjoy Lloret
    • Leo
      Hey Gerv,

Im sorry I didnt have the time to review earlier - before your trip to Spain...

Anyway, amazing blog, really well set-up ;)
      Especially the way you approach a session is really good. Maybe you can do this for your play too. There's a great article on this called scripting (also in dutch - which obv looks better! =) )

Some downswings aren't that bad. As long as you keep reviewing your sessions and are sure that you have been playing your A-game.

When you find the time, xylere's blog is a real nice read for any shortstackers. This really got me going on setting certain goals. Hopefully it can give you some inspiration too.

Talk to yousoon,
    • Gerv
      [x] Days after Spain

This Blog post covers 2 days (today and yesterday).

So I will start with Yesterday
      I arrived home in Holland around 17:00 CET after a 20 hour Bus Trip. The Trip wasnt that bad since 1 of my mates went to Madrid earlier so I had an extra seat to sleep for.

To cover up my vacation: It was Fantastic!
      Clubs, Beaches, Sun, Weather, Girls(:D ), Mobile Phone Poker Game & Trips. I really enjoyed it and as I had so many people telling me 'Have fun' I uploaded 2 small clips inside the club Tropics.

Clip One: Tecktonic

Clip Two: Urban

Anyways back to my Poker Life. I read the comments in Lloret in an Internet café (Yes Im not supposed to do that, bad bad!)

I think I am not going to buy Super System Two because Zeffke's argument is shared among many others I know and it's true its old.
      On the contrary, I ordered Every Hand Revealed by Gus Hansen and I hope I receive it within this week.

So after showering, unpacking luggage, eating, uploading all that kind of stuff I went on Skype. I congratulated Leo with his new job in PS & I had a conversation with DeKuip.
      Luckily for me, I wasnt planning to play so I had spare time to take a peek at NL50 SSS with him via TeamViewer.
      I thank you for that DeKuip, I owe you something :)

So that was basically my Sunday Evening, Watching NL50 SSS, Reviewing hands of his, reviewing SSS Sample Hand section, reading blogs etc. etc.

~ Today

I slept from 02:00 CET till 13:45 CET so I missed my NL20 Trial Sessions on Titan Poker. I was a little bit dissapointed but nevertheless I felt like...

Time flew so fast after surfing on the Net and chatting with people I barely couldn't do an Afternoon-Session of 750 hands. So I decided to do 2 in the evening.

In the first session, DeKuip covered my back to see if I made any play mistakes. To be honest: I played way too many even though it is NL10. I managed to keep the damage limited to - 3 Buy Ins.

I took a one hour break by Watching the Great American Bash (WWE). God bless America :D

Then I went to the 2nd session, It went better in my opinion, Doubled up 4 times and lost 5 times. Nevertheless I hope this is not the start of a downswing look at the graph.

My mind is focused on playing Solid poker right now, moving up a limit is now out of question in this period. Even though my BankRoll allows it, my confidence is rock-bottom low atm for NL25. I keep on Trialling with it on Titan though.
      [edit] Tomorrow Leo's Dutch SSS Coaching! :tongue:

Cheers guys, tomorrow I work from 9 till 5 X(

Session Time: 2h
      Hands played: 975
      Profit/Loss: -$10 (5 BuyIns)
      Extra: Bought Every Hand Revealed Weeeii! :D
      Playing Skill during Session (0=Disastrous,10=Perfect): 4
    • mesorucky
      Hi Gerv,

Great blog keep it up! I appreciate your comments about titan, i've just hit 10k hands there and im basically breaking even sure i've made mistakes but its made me look at my game more than i would have if i was winning so im greatful for that.

Im not one to ever blame the platform but im starting to think yes might be time to look for one with a larger pop! (many others on the forum have commented on titan nl10 and skipping it alltogether too many stations.)

I deposited enough to bring my bankroll up too NL20 SSS but im thinking maybe breaking even at nl10 is better for it forces me to keep looking at my game! Ah who knows might go abit of NL20 before summer ends then withdraw and move. I heard party has heaps of sss ?? so i was thinking pokerstars ?
    • Gerv
      Hey Mesorucky how are you?
      Compared to Titan, Party has indeed more SSS on NL10 but mostly they are people who are afraid of losing money. The good SSS players there, you can easily identify and destroy accordingly :)
      To give you an indication:
      I have to table search very actively in order to avoid at least 4 shortstackers in a 10 man table. when I join, there are 5 shortstackers.

My aim is to find a table with just 2 so I am the third one. In this way I have more chances to be profitable rather than play against a SSS player whose stack is less than 20BB at some point.

A lot of PS players play on PokerStars as you can see on the new traffic graph. I suggest continue playing on Titan untill you've got another rakeback deal from them. Then I should switch to NL25 on FullTilt, PartyPoker or Pokerstars (in that order).

Fulltilt got a 9 tabled layout but the rakeback deal of 27% on NL25 is just awesome. However the bonus is not easy to clear I think. American people are accepted so there a lot of fish. Customized layouts/avatars makes your heart go boom-boom.

PartyPoker is the most easiest platform to clear bonuses with SSS. You just stay at a table and get PartyPoints (20 Raked hands = 1.25 Points on NL10) and with raked hands I mean you do not even have to participate in the pot. Fold all the way :D

On Pokerstars there are a lot of solid players but still enough fish due the Americans. It has the biggest Pop. but offers no really direct benefits to your bankroll as in bonuses/rakeback ;)

I think it isn't that bad to sometimes play NL20 for 1 hour and then take a small break and continue grinding on NL10. I do it as well and I seem happy about it because you get a taste of what its like.
      Good luck ;) I am going to watch WWE now and play some NL20 on Titan
    • mesorucky
      Thanks heaps for the advice Gerv, Im extremely well. Ill definately continue on at titan till the end of august! And yes ill give your advice ago of mixing up the limits. Played about 100 hands NL20 today for +$6.50 was great to get the heart beating again!

Keep up the blogging!
    • Gerv
      [x] No PS Points! No PS Points! oh my! 22nd of July

Alright the graph:

It looks like a rollercoaster ride for me during the session and I was planning to climb up really high in the graph/ride. Unfortunately I lost a hand miraculously on the river. Damn those Tidal waves! :P

To clarify my graph with a big vertical red line in it:
      I played 2 sessions yesterday, 1 from 18:00 CET till 20:00CET, Then I went to Leo's Dutch SSS coaching along with Sreteb. The coaching was very active and I had the opportunity to start a discussion about Kojaks, QJs and Broadway suited one gappers - I think they were annoyed about this so if you were Sreteb or Leo, Im sorry!

We had a very pleasant discussion about this hand and he told me to go broke asap on the Flop or Turn next time. What do you guys think?

After the coaching I went on playing from 21:45 until 23:30(?!?). This was because I had the feeling of finishing my rollecoaster ride I was in and I wanted to get break-even, or at least: get good cards because I was hand-dead for 20 minutes.

As you can see, I ended with a loss again for the consecutive 2 days straight. Therefore I take a short break with SSS and today (23th of July) I will play 3 MTT on 3 different platforms. I got a free stake from the Dutch member DopeyDopey so I thank him for that.

My feelings about my play yesterday were satisfying despite the small loss of 2 buy-ins. Nevertheless I managed to solve some problems I had during my session after my vacation in Spain.

My original post will be edited with the new long-/short-term goals.

23th of July will look like this since I am ill and not able to work:
      Learning, Discussing, Watching Poker Footage till 15:00 CET.
      15:00 - 15:30 CET -> Start of the 3 MTT FreezeOuts
      20:00 CET~ -> Trialling on NL20 on Titan Poker.

oh and I did not get any PokerStrategy Points from PartyPoker X( I already wrote a ticket but I was dissapointed that {maybe} the Vacation Mode of PartyPoker affects the points you get for PokerStrategy as well.... I however am 44 Standard Party Points (=705 Raked hands on NL10) away from getting my 3rd slab of $25. Feels good. :D

[center][b]Last thing:[/b][/center]

I am in need of New Music while playing my sessions! I am sick and tired of it listening to Justin Timberlake again and again...

If there are any suggestions, recommendations or must-listen songs/albums of Artists. Please and please feel free to reply!

Bear in mind that I am fond of relaxing music like Queen & Teddybears Stockholm while playing instead of Marilyn Manson :) !

Cheers Guys & let me know,

PS: To Mesorucky: Awesome to hear that your doing fine! Keep up, and let me know if you have a blog as well or about to start one - I will keep on following that one then.

22nd of July
      Session Time: 4h
      Hands played: 1139
      Profit/Loss: - $3.5 (2 BuyIns)
      BankRoll: Minimal for NL25
      Playing Skill during Session (0=Disastrous,10=Perfect): 7