Sexy Polish Millionaire. Baller Japan / Getting Ripped / Crush Poker

• ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      About blog:
      This blog is going to be journal. Journal from the bottom to the top. Gordon want to prove people that he can turn anyone with good attitude into wining poker player who crush this game. I know nothing about NLHU I am NL SH player who struggle with NL25. Day before yesterday was the first day when I start playing NLHU. I play few times with my friends for fun but it never was something serious. Here I’ll post my progress and things I’ll do to improve my skill. I want this blog to be real time journal, there are a lot of blogs from pro players but not so many blogs where you can see they fast progress.

About me:
      I come from Poland. I am a Computer Science student. I am a nerd, but special one. I have my nerd’s hobbies, eg. computer programing, math and so forth . But I also date with women, I work out, I am learning dance. Every once in a while I like to do something stupid. I like books, I like to travel. Two months ago I’ve been to Budapest. I had a flight for 3 bucks for two-way-ticket and because of very kind stewardesses with a lovely smile I came back in VIP section.

I like to go from one extreme to the other. Yeah I know we should be well balanced and we should keep happy medium but fuck that! That’s not the way how I want to live my life. I almost died twice and it changed the way I live. When I was young, bus almost hit me but I was too young to understand what happened and I was keep playing, second time was when I was old enough to knew what happened. Car hit me and I was literally flying in the air. Fortunately nothing happened but my life changed. I start drinking a lot, I start having party all the time and live hedonistic live.

I am glad I had this part in my life, even though it was very nihilistic moment in my life. “Nothing matter, we can die every day”. It’s funny because it was great for pick up chicks. “Why I should care about rejection I can die tomorrow, lets drink and do some crazy shits with her”. Chicks always asked me: “How can I make you feel better?”, this was fucking fantastic and I just replied “whatever, you know in what you good at”. I had a lot of crazy memories from then. Maybe I’ll write about something one day :s_cool:

As I said I like go from one extreme to other and right now I am not drinking and don’t drugs for one year. It’s already 7 months or so without anything. Even on New Year’s Eve I didn’t drink anything, I was the only one sober at the party. Of course I wasn’t good boy before, I used to drink or get high literally every day for six months. I realized that I was running away from my problems and that was the time when I said: “Fuck it, I am running away from problems and this’s not what champions do!”. Seven months later I am writing this post.

I realized that I only read blogs where authors put part of their life there. I am mean for sure there are greats blog where authors write only about poker but I am not interest about it that much. That’s why I decided to write more about and my past. I also want to share with you guys photo how I changed in last three years:

I’ve changed my body a lot and now it’s time for poker. I want to live baller lifestyle. I feel huge urge to pick up again and gain some new crazy experience. Poker will help me live baller lifestyle and that’s why I decided to focus on it first and foremost.

About goals:
      At that moment the most important goal is to move up to NL HU 1k in one year of course with Gordon’s help. I have the best teacher I could have because Gordon is crushing this game. So even I know nothing about HU I believe this goal is possible. For sure it won’t be easy but it’s worth it.

Other goals:
      1. Achieve 40 cm in biceps. (+4cm)
      2. Visit every state in USA
      3. Pass CEA exam and become a polyglot ( learn Spanish and French)
      4. Become a millionaire
      5. Do threesome

I’ll focus mostly on poker but those goals still are important for me. I am going to spend ~60 hours every week on poker. I’ll study to school, work out, eat 6 meals a day, learning how to dance, hang out with girls and friends, write posts with my progress every day and sleep when I’ll find some time for such a thing… Seriously next few months are going to be pretty extreme. Can’t wait to see how I’ll handle this.

About learning:
      I know nothing about heads up dynamics. Today I had session with Gordon and he was really surprised because he thought I know more about it. I used to play SH at NL25 at it made him thought I know something but I don’t. I lost 10BIs before session with him and I can’t wait to see results after his coaching. It was my graph before coaching:

I am learning from:

Heads Up Mastermind – it’s a Gordon’s course about crushing Heads up game. This is going to be my main source of knowledge. I really amazed that he put so much great material in one place. I need to watch it over and over again and I’ll absorb this knowledge. He focus on most important things there, he keep it simple, so it’s easy to absorb.

Gordon’s coaching – I am realy, realy amazed how great his coaching are. Those of you who had sweet sessions probably know that most people don’t have enough time to tell his thought process that’s why I was amazed when he gave me few pretty logic reasons why I should do something. He did it pretty fast and easily because he know what he’s doing. You know why? He keep it very simple, he focus on most important things and skip the rest what doesn’t so important. Now I know why he had more than 500$/h while playing HUNL up to 2k.

I know it’s going to be hard, very hard but I can’t wait to understand this game and crush it, with that coach it’s only a matter of time. Last but not least I’ll also work some with Steve aka: ImaCHAMPION, you may know him from his blog: How to Make a Million, OWN Life and become a Fucking Meathead (NO Steroids, NO Hookers)

PS. On English blogs I’ll post at least every second day because I am going to make Polish blog too.
  • 1010 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi ilidek, and welcome to the blogging section.

I don't know for certain if it is true for everyone, but I started a blog in November, and I've been winning ever since. I still have losing days, of course, but overall I have been winning.

I think having a blog helps because while you play, you focus on the poker.
      You study more.

In my case, I tilt much less.

Best of Luck,.
      --VS
    • hendo2000
      hendo2000
      Bronze
      I'll second Vorpal here, I've only had mine since the beginning of December but it's put my leaks and stupid mistakes out in the open where I can't get away from them and makes me aware of my big leaks. It's really helped me become a better player :)
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      VorpalF2F and hendo2000 thank you for the welcome! Btw hendo your hands with gifs are fucking hilarious.

What I’ve learned from Champions Stand Up One More Time by Raskolnikov:

1. Most players don’t make sick bluff (It’s EV- to hero call River without notes) I used to believe otherwise but I play with his assumption and I’ve added this assumption to my stick note.
      2. Motivational belief I’ll read over and over again: “Champions stand up one more time than the rest.” That means you define yourself when you have bad days. Everyone is great on good run but how good you can handle bad run will determinate who you are
      3. I’ve also learned that I should be on English community page. I used to focus mostly on Polish but now I am going to use English one as my default.
      4. That session review have 5 levels and I didn’t learn as much as I could with those levels:
      1) General Hypothesis
      2) Smart Guessing (eg, someone have 50% 3bet after 50hands, he probably isn’t the most honest player)
      3) Statistics
      4) Empirical Evidence (on the showdown)
      5) Check, evaluate & Think

There was also something about betting for bluffs and value at the same time but I don't get it now. I'll watch it again and try to figure it out. Also I have one homework I must see "Saw" movie, this will be the hardest part because I didn't get used to watch movies :D
    • hendo2000
      hendo2000
      Bronze
      Thanks mate :f_biggrin: I'll follow this, wish you the best of luck with your goals. What limits are you starting off at? I definitely agree with the point there about using villain stats (3bet% is a good one imo) to make moves that are likely to get more value from them than if you ignored stats.

I like the Saw movies but they're an acquired taste, I think you have to be a bit weird to like them :f_p:
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      @hendo2000 I play Nl10.

I've played 469 min at weekend and I've lose 7$. I am not happy about my game beacause I've mad a lot of mistakes. I've been on tilt. I don't like bitching a lot so I'll write things I am going to improve:
      1) Table selection – if someone has 10% 3bet+ and there aren’t any fish get the fuck out of there! I don’t lose money only on this table. I’ll lose many on all the table because this kind of dude makes my fucking angry.
      2) I need to add 3bets for bluff because I don’t get any value from my premium hands: QQ+, AK
      3) I need to find out why I have ~30% Vpip and what impact it has on my game ( I am not sure but this is probably cause BU)
      4) I need to improve my game in 3bet pots and how to play vs guys who 3bets a lot

Main things I’ll work on is:
      1) Sesion review. I’ll watch a movie about how make it well.
      2) Table selection – I’ll work on habit of changing bad table after 40 hands or so
      3) I’ll improve my preflop game. I’ll add 3bets for bluff and see how can I play better vs mega agresive guys
      I also have an idea that I am going to write everyday most important thing about improving my poker game.

The most important lesson from 19.01.2013 is:
      Every day I must do something at least for 10 min to improve the way I think, to build a winner mindset. It’s too easy to start thinking like others when they are everyway. There are no excuse you must go for things you want from your life. Lack of winner mindset lead to depression and other problems.
      The most important lesson from 20.01.2013 is:
      I am a mental fish. As long as I can get on tilt easily I need to care more about table selection. Tilt show me my weakness that I need to improve. Right now it’s preflop game, mostly vs very agresive players.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Goals for next 5 days:
      1) Play at least 15*45 min of poker [9/15]
      2) Learn theory of poker at least 7*45 min [0/7]
      3) Learn for school at least 20*45 min [0/20]
      4) Learn English 5x45min [0/5]
      5) Go to Muay Thai training on Monday, go to gym at least 2 times this week
      6) Send at least 10 message to chicks from dating website [4/10]
      7) Write most important thing/things I've learned every day on my blog.
      8) Answer all questions from "The Poker Mindset"
    • Ig0tbanned
      Ig0tbanned
      Bronze
      Will follow,keep us posted!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ilidek
      Goals for next 5 days:
      1) Play at least 10 hours of poker (nearly 8/10 ;P )
      2) Learn theory of poker at least 5 hours (0/5)
      3) Learn for school at least 15 hours (fucking exam session :D )
      4) Learn English 5x45
      5) Go to Mai Thain training on Monday, go to gym at least 2 times this week
      6) Send at least 10 message to chicks from dating website
      You mentioned that you needed to work on your mental game.
      Maybe not this week, but I suggest adding a goal to work on that.

I'm currently working my way through, "The Mental Game of Poker".
      It has helped a lot.

Even so, I got CRUSHED yesterday -- I think it is just because it is Saturday :coolface:

Best of Luck,
      --VS
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Today is pretty hardcore day. I work all day and still 45 min of English left. Today I've done:
      4x45 math for study
      2x45 theory of poker
      gym
      send 4 message at dating website

I must be more assertive. It's time of session exam everyone want to make a project to school. They know I can write it pretty good. Usually I’ll write programs for computer programming at something like 90-95%. They ask me can I write program for them I am not very excited about this idea because I must to learn to my own exams so I doubled price…. It won’t work they still want me to do the job done. I’ve had two project in two days. Anyway I can’t complain because I earn pretty good money.

The most important lesson from 21.01.2013 is:
      All wining poker player make session review. I used to skip this part, for God’s sake I need it even more than them.

BogdanPS in his video about SR had a pretty good idea. If you have time you should open full session from one table and think about every fold, every call, every 3bet and so forth. You should make notes to improve your way of thinking while playing a game.

This is what he said about notes:
      While I agree that at higher limits they tend to help more (one reason could be that the players are better and fewer and thus it's more important to have valuable notes/reads on them) I also feel that starting early has very big benefits such as: - getting you into a routine - improving the way you analyze your game so when you reach higher limits you don't have to learn it form scratch - improving your game (and how much it depends a lot on how you review and how much you put into it) - improving your understanding of how other players play.

While it's not necessary to spend time on fish I believe it is still rewarding in it's own way. Some fish will play again so the bonus is gained right there however I feel the biggest advantage comes from being able to see how most fish play and thus getting a better understanding on how to play versus them as a group.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      The most important lesson from 22.01.2013 is:
      I have too much to do every day. If I'll do that much I'll stop doing something.

Today I've done The poker mindset question +3x45 for study and 2x45 english from today on learning 5x45 is max and I must chose the most imporant task for every day. Tomorow I'll try write longer post about my reflections from The poker mindset.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      I've banned myself on surf on FB, email, 9gag and skype. I can do it only after I learn 5x45 things I decided I learn. The poker mindset helps me realize how bad influence it has on my productivity. My weakness is playing vs agro fish/maniac. I will make two things if I find this kind of bastard first:
      1) If I don’t have position on fish I’ll get the fuck out of there. It’s NL10 I don’t need to play high variance poker with mega agresive opponents.
      2) If I have position on fish I’ll ask myself all the time: “Do you really think he’s here to give you his money?”, “Do you really think that he won’t exploit your weakness?”. If no shut the fuck up and play because what he want is win money as bad as you, just 4b/c for this kinds of dudes AQ,88+.

I am a king. It hits me because I am king of fairyland, I am a king of bullshit. I lie to myself I realized that I lie to myself too often. I lie about that I am not that bad at poker. I want to think about myself good and this is the problem. It is a bit hard for my ego but I need to move on. I need to stop thinking good about myself and just move on.
      I’ve read about inch worm and I understand now I need to imrpvoe my weaknesses. I didn’t make session review because I didn’t want to find spots where I was wrong. I know it’s sound stupid but I didn’t realize it. Right now I unfortunately must go back to NL5… from Nl25 to NL5 but I have to abide bank roll management.

The most important lesson from 23.01.2013 is:
      I lie to myself and I want to think about myself in a good way. This slow down my grow and I must to move on with it. This will hurt my ego but it is definitely worth it.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      The most important lesson from 24.01.2013 is:
      Sesion review is a big deal. It's realy a great thing. Today (yesterday) I've thought my game was pretty good and I made two mistakes. How wrong I was it was something like 9-10 mistakes.

Anyway today I've played 3x45 min and I won 30$ on NL4
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      When I stop lie to myself that I am god etc. I start learn more theory, we'll see what impact it will make:

Quiz: After the Flop - You Have Initiative
      You have achieved a total 16 of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 76 %!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ilidek
      When I stop lie to myself that I am god etc. I start learn more theory, we'll what impact it will have:

That is so, so true!

It is very hard to learn if you think you already know it all.

Thanks for that reminder!
      --VS
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      It's the end of weekend for me so it's time for summary:

It was my first week of blogging and this is what I've learnd this week:

1) I’ve realized that I lie to myself pretty often. Sometimes I want to think good about myself, sometimes I don’t focus on my weaknesses as VorpalF2F find out . That’s why I work on my mindset a bit. I start using questions from The Poker Mindset and I’ve made a few changes in my work ethic, eg: I don’t open skype, facebook, mail, 9gag until I’ll learn 5 hours.
      2) I’ve realized that I plan too much stuff to do. As long as I need to clean house, prepare 5-6 meals myself 5x45 is optimum for me. This have one more advantage. I focus on most important tasks every day.
      3) Week plans are great, and it’s great to make them in excel now I can easily see how much I did every day.
      4) It’s a good to ask hand evaluate coach more than once. They have pretty good idea about game plan but usually no one want to understand why he should play that way, they just want quick answer do this or that. There are a great example: [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=230478]Example[/URL
      5) Sesion review is great thing.
      6) I improved my warming up. And I am improving my session review.

The most important lesson from 25.01.2013 is:
      Against 20% range it's only profitable to push 99+. I’ve always thought that pushing any PP vs shorts is a good idea. But after work with Equilab and with help of BogdanPS as a hand evaluation coach I find out it’s a bad idea to push something less than 99+, AQ+. 88 is flip, 77 is less than flip.

Even though I didn’t make everything I’ve planned I am pretty happy about my week resolutions.

PS. That was shock for me:

I always did it in alt + ctrl + delete way :D
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      @VorpalF2F

you're welcome :)
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      The most important lesson from 26.01.2013 is:
      You may acummulate your emotions. That means tilt / anger / frustation can be multplayed. I must to find out how to realse those.
    • WillyD
      WillyD
      Bronze
      Nice blog!

I was wondering on which site do you play. I guess Partypoker because i don't know any other site that has NL4 tables.

And just a quick tip: as I play NL10 too, against some reg 3betting a lot against steals, you can try to 4 bet something like 2.3x or 2.4x and see how they react. For me it works extremely well. I believe it increases my winrate A LOT. Take it or leave it, I just wanted to help.

(Im suscribing)