w34z3l's Cash Game Coaching!

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      w34z3l's Cash Game Coaching

What's on offer?

I offer NLHE cash game coaching up to 600nl. I mainly coach shorthanded but am happy to accept FR students.

Cliff notes on the rates are $75/hour or $100/1.5hrs. It’s recommended you check out the full price sheet though.

Why w34z3l's coaching?

I am currently one of the most experienced and popular NLHE coaches online. Here are the stats -

- Worked with 500+ students over the last 5 years

- #1 biggest strategy content producer online with over 200 full length training videos and over 400 written strategy articles

- Strong grounding in game theory and database analysis.

- Big experience at lower limit games also. (10 Million hands plus)

I have helped countless students move up limits or improve their winrate. I'm confident I can show you too, exactly where you are leaking money and how you can improve. All coaching sessions will be recorded by me and available for you as a video file after the session. This way you can concentrate fully on the session without the need to take notes.

Keep in mind that this is not the only reason why someone would elect to hire a coach.

- Moral support and motivation
      - Someone to bounce ideas off
      - Help with productivity and mental game
      - Access to additional coaching resources (videos / articles)
      - Advice about RB deals, poker networks, and staking

Regardless of your skill level there can be huge benefits to hiring a coach. Why not watch a short video on why private coaching can be useful?

Here is an overview of what is available in terms of sessions and packages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeb8u2ixcirzuga/w34z3lscoachingoverview.rtf?dl=1

Check below for pricings and additional information about the packages.

Graphs

Certified winner at both low-limits and mid-stakes games.

200nl and 400nl

Mostly 100nl here

Lower limits, hence the insane winrate over small sample.

Extra Info

Pricing Info --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpsm3wf5jggu5vk/w34z3lscoachingprices.rtf?dl=1

Video Reviews --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp62oywfocy49y3/w34z3lsvideoreviews.rtf?dl=1
      Written DB Reviews --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp62oywfocy49y3/w34z3lsvideoreviews.rtf?dl=1

Availability

Ok so generally speaking I am available between 5am and 3.30pm GMT. Feel free to ask about my current availbility since if I am back in UK I am usually available different hours (3 hours later on average).

I’m going to try and be as flexible as possible for those of you that aren’t available during this time frame, and apologies in advance if we can’t reach a decent arrangement.

However, coaching will still be available. Why not check out the video review options? It's a way of getting coaching without us needing to both be online at the same time.

If you would like to apply for coaching, please fill out the application form and ship it back to me. This helps me learn a bit about the current status of your game before you take coaching. Form is here ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pmu8ab6jwppk2d/w34z3lscoachingapplication.rtf?dl=1

• 296 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I had few coaching sessions by w34z3l so here are my 2 cents about it.

First time we had sweating session and he really opened my eyes on some spotes where I was pretty sure I am making correct play and in the end it turned out to be the opposite.
      This guy has pretty unique approach to the game with hes low vairance style and have nice and understandable explanation for pretty much every situation I found myself in.

Our second session was hand history review.
      He pointed out some leaks I didnt even knew I had and offered solutions for them as also gave ideas how should I approach on various spots which boggled me till that point.

Overall I really like w34z3ls approach to the coachings and game itself.
      He helped me get rid of some of mind fog about game and regain some confidence in my play.

I belive this guy can help many players to boost up their way thru higher stakes .

Cheers
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Hi i added you as i can't seem to download the coaching application form!
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      I'll try to write a detailed post since I've chat with w34z3l for many, many hours and had quite a few coaching sessions so far, and that's going to continue in the future..

My thoughts might be a little biased for a sole reason that I never had a coach before, but I'm good at identifying whether a person is good at teaching and whether it all makes sense having watched numerious poker training videos from DC, PokerSavvy, CardsRunner and PokerStrategy as well as being a uni student, I'm basically surrounded with teachers and professors all day long, and to be honest, most of them suck! That's a sad thing, I sometimes wonder how the heck did they ended up with that job. :D So I really can evaluate how good of a teacher someone really is.

Well what can I say, Adam is really a great teacher. :heart: He loves to help and most importantly, he loves what he is doing. He has a really good theoretical background in poker, and takes more time to learn you WHY you just did that instead of just teaching you a strategy or a trick that will work for a little while and then later when you need to deviate from it you'll end up feeling really confused..

I realize looking back at what I just wrote would almost seem like someone payed me to just keep complimenting him so much, but it really is like I just wrote..

Basically if you're looking to really get to know poker, to get fundamentals all right and clear and to start from there, you can't go wrong with Adam. If you ever hope to be a shark at NL100/200/2000/4000 stakes, you simply need to understand WHY certain play is better than the other instead of playing like a robot with a strategy and having no clue as to what is going on.. Simply as that..

I also plan to have long partnership with him (poker-wise) and you'll be able to track and see how I'm progressing at my BLOG.
      But BE WARNED: Even tho I have been playing and improving daily, I haven't updated blog for sometime already (I don't know why, but my blogging skills are terrible) so it might feel like graveyard even tho my current game is far from it.. :P :heart:

EDIT: Oh and plus, he gives out free cookie for every good hand a student makes.. :D

Just book the session if you haven't already, you won't regret it.. :s_cool:
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Sent you an application over skype ;)
    • Kaleevra
      Kaleevra
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I was thinking in writing a feedback on w34z3l coaching, but after reading what eXtremeACE said, i doubt i can add much more, he says it all :D
      Just on my personal side, i was having trouble since i cme back to poker this year, after a 2 year break, so i started looking for a coach and i found adam to be the right one, and i was not mistaken. Ill let a graph to show before and after having coach with him

on a side note, im playing microstakes, nl10sh, soon nl25 thanks to him

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks for the feedback guys :)

And thanks everyone who took a session with me so far.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Do you have any experience with zoom?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by staktas
      Do you have any experience with zoom?
      My game of choice is standard 6max cash.

I have played a decent amount of zoom poker though, and currently coach a number of zoom players.

I have a good idea about how/why zoom is different from regular ring games and the relevant strategy adjustments to make.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze

I have a good idea about how/why zoom is different from regular ring games and the relevant strategy adjustments to make.
      Could you give us a few tips regarding that matter? :f_grin:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by SillySaurus
      Could you give us a few tips regarding that matter? :f_grin:
      Hello SillySaurus, thanks for dropping by.

Anything in particular you like to know?

Essentially the difference is that gameflow factors + table dynamics are hugely reduced.

The downside is that it's harder to build large amounts of info on opponents and make solid reads-based plays. It's also harder to level/tilt opponents as a result of recent dynamics/history.

The upside is that the need for balance in your own game is reduced. Your own leaks are also less likely to be picked up on and you can focus larger amounts of your attention on playing a purely exploitative game. The ability to use statistics/HUD becomes more important over the short term.

If you 3bet like a maniac in a ring game, someone will often do something about it, especially as you move up the stakes. In zoom you are going to get away with it for much longer.

However, table-dynamics + reads are a huge part in poker. The ability to table select and have position vs a fish is also a great way to boost your winrate. Although it's easy to get volume in on zoom, your overall winrate will likely be lower than ring games if you play well.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Hello. I am a NL2 fullring player that wants to give my game a little boost. 28$ sounds like a fair price to me. So, do i need any spesific pokersoftware to be coached?
      What does 1 session per 2 months mean? I'm very interested
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by hvard92
      Hello. I am a NL2 fullring player that wants to give my game a little boost. 28$ sounds like a fair price to me. So, do i need any spesific pokersoftware to be coached?
      What does 1 session per 2 months mean? I'm very interested
      Hello hvard92, thank you for your interest in cash game coaching.

You will need-

- Latest version of teamviewer (screen-sharing software)
      - Skype for the voice call
      - Working microphone

Because the micro-checkup is a special offer for micro-stakes guys I can't afford to do unlimited amounts of them. After completing a micro-checkup session you will then have to wait two months before you can book another. All the other sessions are available at any time though.
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Hello w34z3l,

Is this for a limited amount of time/people only? I play NL10 currently and would like to have a couple of coaching sessions towards the end of the month
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by PokerPPP
      Hello w34z3l,

Is this for a limited amount of time/people only? I play NL10 currently and would like to have a couple of coaching sessions towards the end of the month
      Hello PokerPPP =)

In terms of general coaching sessions there are no limits at the moment.

If you are referring specifically to the micro-checkup ($28), while there is no limit on the number of sessions I offer, it is for 2nl/5nl grinders only.

Prices are available in the first post. There is link to my msn space where you can find details of the sessions/packages. Regular sessions start at $40/hr but work out at a discounted rate with one of the packages.
    • kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      Is the leakbuster/shool also available for NL5 players?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by kennethjeu
      Is the leakbuster/shool also available for NL5 players?
      Hey Kennethjeu, thanks for checking out my thread.

Both the leakfinder and school package are available for 5nl players at the regular price.

- $120 for leakfinder (3 session package with database review)
      - $350 for the school. (10 session package including leakfinder)

You can read more about these packages by visiting my msn skydrive (link in the first post) and downloading the relevant files.

For 2nl/5nl players you can get a discounted 1hr session for $28, available every 2 months.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Silver
      Never had any coaching session with you, but your videos are really good. Wish there was more of them, and nl20+, but I guess it's not that much difference anyway
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      Never had any coaching session with you, but your videos are really good. Wish there was more of them, and nl20+, but I guess it's not that much difference anyway
      Thank you doctorkgb.

I will think about creating some nl20+ content.
    • microhero
      microhero
      Basic
      Are your graph results lifetime? Can you show your results just for 2013?