Beginners SnG analysis

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      [size=14]Hi guys,

As alot of you will know I had to withdraw my roll due to personal reasons, and wont be grinding again for a few months. To keep me active, and to keep my poker thoughts active I've had an idea.

I am offering SnG players the chance to send me a video of themselves playing, and I will evaluate your play. I will tell you what mistakes your making, and hopefully help you with bettering your game. If your having problems with a certain stage of a SnG, you can send me a video of you playing multiple SnG's at that stage.

You can upload your video to the internet, and send me the download link via skype, MSN, email or the pokerstrategy IRC channel. I would prefer if the video's were around 45ish minutes. The video should be of you playing your usual limit, and playing your normal style. I would also appreciate it if you would talk while recording. I would like to know what your thinking when you make decisions, and why you are playing hands in a certain way. This will help me understand why you are making certain mistakes. I can either analyse the video by text or by me talking over your original video, and then sending it back to you.

EDIT: If you guys could send me the hand history file of a certain SnG instead, that would be great. I will then replay the SnG, and talk over the video. Its much easier for me, as atm I cant create the video's of other peoples video's (computer problems).

I would like the people who have a video evaluated, to make an incentive for me to do it (just like in tribuns and soys staking threads, in the past).

This could be either: welcoming "X" amount of new comers to the forum, agreeing to post "X" amount of sample hands, answering "X" amount of questions on the forum, or just posting "X" amount of forum posts. Or your own incentive.

I will do it on a gentlemans agreement, and trust the people will complete their part of the deal. That way you wont have to wait for you video to be evaluated.

I hope you guys take advantage of this, as it will be the only time I focus on strategy play in the next few months, and it will help me stay active.

So when you post a reply, please add your incentive to it aswell.

Hope to hear from you soon!
      Stiev[/SIZE]
  • 63 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi!!

You probably don't know me since I don't post in the forum so much but I try to read everything that gets posted about sngs or mtts.

I'm playing 11$ turbos at Party and 6,50$ turbos at Stars at the moment but I'm not doing so great. July was a realy good month for me I really felt that I'm beating the 11$ sngs and everything was going well but August is just pure poker disaster for me. Pretty much every session has been a losing one so far and I'm getting really frustrated because I don't think it is just a pure downswing. I'm pretty sure that I just started doing something wrong but I just can't figure out what it is.

I've never made a video before so it might take me a while before I learn how to do it but I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at it once it is done and tell me whether I'm making some major mistakes or basically just anything that would help me improve my game..

Thanks is advance,
      Lubor
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yeah that would be great.

Just to let everyone know you can download camtasia for free. It will record your desktop as you play, and will record your sound also.

I'm not expecting high quality videos, just throw them together any old way.

Thx
      Stiev
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Oh nice, I'd use a great help on SNGs since I'm just starting on them. Unfortunately I don't have a microphone yet, so I guess I'll buy one first :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yeah cool, the speaking over the video part isn't neccessary, but I would prefer it.

GL
      Stiev
    • hyppolito
      hyppolito
      Bronze
      Cannell555,

Fantastic idea. Maybe after your comments, you can make these videos available for other beginners as well. Would be interesting, as we probably commit the same mistakes. I play $1 SNG and some long tourneys with small buy-ins.

Thanks in advance,

Thiago
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm not sure about making them available for all members to view. As pokerstrategy already has video's and such. I was just just thinking it would be alittle bit of private coaching for lower limit players. As private coaches are generally too dear, for beginners. I dont think people would like their common mistakes posted on the forums either.

But comeon guys, knowone has sent me any yet!!!

Yes download camtasia studio!!
    • hyppolito
      hyppolito
      Bronze
      Tommorow, more or less at the same time as now, I'll send you my first video. I'll record a 30/40 min video of me playing $1 SNG at Party.

What is your MSN?

Cheers,

Thiago
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      My msn is XXXXXX
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Also you can play as many as you can fit on your screen. It will be more interesting and have more detail if it includes more than one sng. If people are only confortable with playing one or two that is fine also.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      great! I'm playing 2$ 1table and MT SnGs, but I'm running in a circle
      I cannot get profit - I lose almost as much as I win
      something like that would be most helpful
      so which program should I use?!?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Camtasia is probably the best option!
    • camicio
      camicio
      Bronze
      who did you lose the bet to, soy or tribun?

i might send you a video in a week or two, don't know :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I didn't loose a bet. I just thought this will be a good way for me to stay active while I'm not playing myself.

I have had alot of help along the way, so just thought i'd do my bit to help others.

GL
      Stiev.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Ok so I won't be able to buy a microphone so soon so if you don't mind I'll make a video without comentating. I'll write on notepad if I get a situation that it's really important to comment. Is that ok?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yeah that would be great!
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Yeah that would be great!
      Ok then, I'll record many and see which is the best. Thanks :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Just recieved LuborC's video, thx. The size is fine, I can read the writing. I will rerecord it tomorrow daytime and then send you an email with the link.

Thx!
      Stiev
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I've just had a little chat with Chiller3k, about how inactive the forums seem to be.

So I have decided to add another section to this. I would like the people who have a video evaluated, to make an incentive for me to do it (just like in tribuns and soys staking threads, in the past).

This could be either: welcoming "X" amount of new comers to the forum, agreeing to post "X" amount of sample hands, answering "X" amount of questions on the forum, or just posting "X" amount of forum posts. Or your own incentive.

I will do it on a gentlemans agreement, and trust the people will complete their part of the deal. That way you wont have to wait for you video to be evaluated.

I dont expect the people who have already sent me a video to partake in this, however it would be nice if you did.

So for anyone that posts asking for me to evaluate their video, if you could include the incentive, that would be great!

Thx
      Stiev
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This is actually pretty good idea IMO. Also in the video I sent to you I got in some pretty weird postflop spots in the middle part of the tourney and didn't really know how to play them right..

So yes, I will start posting hands and saying hi to couple of newbies isn't a problem either..