FunkyLicious Holdem

• akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      ....and finally I got to pokerstars.

Mainly I'm a Don't Fold Limit Hold'em 6 max player (that is fixed limit btw), I was playing at Party but trafic was getting worse everyday, they have a really nice software, but they took away a some bonus and the strange things happening lately helped me make mi choice.

My Pokerstars account is not tracked, cause in a year I don't remember I made a playmoney account a friend told me to so we could play each other. I will just have to buy my status here wen needed.

So here are my results from party since march this year.

I lacked volume, and my stats are kinda tight but I'm learning.

I'll take it from here :f_biggrin:
  • 27 replies
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      My ambitious plan is to get to 5/T, with a decent bankroll management.

The problem is that I don't have the knowledge or the hand/hour to make it, or the time to work on that.

But I'm going to make it anyway, I just have to find out how.

Haven't played too many hands and had a down of $60, that would be 120BB, but I'm getting back with some possitive sessions.

A couple of hands from yesterday for entertainment

Maybe I should have bet to induce a call, but checking for protection seems ok.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 Q
      2 folds, BTN calls, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: (2.4 SB) 7 K J (2 players)
      Hero bets, BTN calls

Turn: (2.2 BB) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN folds

Against the same player, maybe my avatar is to scary or something.

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
      MP calls, CO folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, MP calls

Flop: (5.4 SB) 6 8 5 (2 players)
      MP folds
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Hi

This was a great sunday!! I played 2 tables during the day, I think I could play at 3 tables but first I need to improve my game.

Been working on my 3betting preflop range and BB defence, the last one I think should be my priority at this level so when I move up I can face more aggessive opponents.

Got to work on my ranges and how to play with and against wide ranges, cause I have notice that at 0,25/0,50 many people has lag preflop stats but postflop are way too passive and against a 3bet they don't play that well, so I have to learn to punish that.

I'm getting some of my money back, thats nice.

• legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey akasoul

How are you finding FL50? i'm a No limit player myself and am trying to make my way up to nl50, playing nl25 at the moment. what are you defending in the BB? that's a position that i have trouble with personally
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Better late than never

Players on 0,25/0,5 are mostly lag preflop and passive postflop, that would be the general rule.

For the BB defend you should really watch the flimit videos since its really well explained there.

I was defending:

60% vs 30 to 35%CO
      70% vs 45-55% BU
      80% vs SB
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      I'm back!!!

I wasn't doing good at 6-max, I was making progress on studying but to make the neccesary volume I need more time than what I have right now and I was lossing some $.

So I switched to FL HU S&G :f_biggrin: .

After hearing that they have a lot less rake and variance I decided to give it a try.

I'm getting good results so I want to build up my bankroll playing

results so far.

For bankroll management Im using 30 buy-ins of the current level and taking 5 buy-in shots at the next level, also playing at least 50 games per level.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      I couldn't make it over 20% roi, but anyway I finished 50 games of $3,5 FL HU S&G.

So now I'm going for the $7 games, got to try to study more, and also review my games with a higher frecuency.

Again its going to be 50 games before taking a shot to the next level.

Wish me luck.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      I finished the 7$ level, finally after 102 games, I made it with about 10% ROI, I wish it was higher but Im always learning so no problem with that.

I had a bit of a downswing after the first 20 games on the 7$ level, I did study more because of that and made some improvements on my game to end up with a total profit of 112 USD.

Now I will start on the 15$ games, for now they look hard, I don't think I will have any free wins, also I got to learn to find and exploit tendencies on better players.

I will take it nice and slowly and will try to post some hands to analyze them in deep so I can get to the next level as fast as I can.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey akasoul,

You are making awesome progress through the limits. From $1.50 to $15s in a month. I hope you beat that and move to the $30s.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Hi! about time for an update

I just break the 400 usd mark, I'm really happy bout it, I still need a lot of work on my game but I'm feeling a lot more confident.

The downside is that for this month I only played half the games than last month, even making twice the money I should keep the volume at least so from now on I'll grind harder.

I hope to get a nice graph to post by the end of this month wich is in 4 days :f_confused:

and thanks for the kind words :f_biggrin:
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      More grind...less fold :)
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      I was thinking on how self preservation instincts is against all poker is, since calling down often feels like waiting to get hit by a hammer and be cool about it cause there is a high enough % that its made of paper mache. :P

For last month I made a shamefull amount of 86 games between $7 and $15 , I made a 15% ROI so I ended up making money anyway but I could be trying the $30 games by now if I played enough games.

Here is the graph for the month.

This month challenge will be to hit the $30 games, I will have to work harder and study a lot cause I need 150 USD more before that to follow my BR management but I'm really enyoing this :f_biggrin:
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      since calling down often feels like waiting to get hit by a hammer and be cool about it cause there is a high enough % that its made of paper mache.

Love the simile/analogy you use here btw.

I'm having trouble with volume as well. Seems helpful for winrate though, esp. if studying on top of it.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Today I accidentally openned 2 hu games at the same time, I was waiting on both and they started simultaneously, I was supposed to close one as soon as I got one running. It was hard, I'm still way too far from being able to multitable HU.

As for volume wich is my biggest concern at the moment I'm doing really bad. Mostly because I had a lot of stuff to do, and last weekend I was surfing at Pichilemu (is a surfer town in Chile).

Almost at $500 bankroll, and this weekend I pretend to grind a lot so I hope I can make it to the $30 games before I leave to the beach again.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Almost at $500 bankroll, and this weekend I pretend to grind a lot so I hope I can make it to the $30 games before I leave to the beach again

Why are you pretending to grind? :P
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Back to work!!!

Amazing couple of weeks at the beach surfing, skating, and swimming. Love my life outside the office.

I just played a few games on my cellphone this last few weeks, while resting from all the outdoor activities but was enough to take my bankroll up to $604.54 !!!! and that means that I'll be hitting the $30 games.

I'm Sub-Zero :f_biggrin:

I'm missing a few games at the end but there is the overall graph from playing HU S&G

Got a lot to do and getting really exited about FLHU, I would love to take a shot at the $60 games by the end of this month, for that I would need a $1200 bankroll. It looks a lot for me right now but I really want to do it and that should be enough motivation.

I know one day I will grind for real :f_cool:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Was surprised to see you on Skype today and now I even notice your blog here :)

Mortal Kombat 2 is one of my favourite games ever. I can't believe I sold it +15 years ago for some other game :P Still have the manual and original sound track, tho :)

I see FLHU is treating you well... Good luck!
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Hi everyone!

Well didn't exactly took a shot at the next level ($30), I wasn't confident enough so just relaxed playing up to $15 wich went ok because I'm passed the 700$ BR.

And the big news is that I had a coaching session with boomer today, wich I won at the xmas promotion. It went really well, I was expecting a really basic coaching counting % and stuff but it was a very dynamic one and I was glad that I could keep up with the coach, and got some really god advice :f_biggrin: .

Tomorrow I will play some games and study some too.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akasoul
      god advice :f_biggrin: .
      Not quite :)

Glad to see that you're enjoying HUSNGs and you're making good progress and you seem to be taking everything on board which is really great.
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Silver
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Originally posted by akasoul
      god advice :f_biggrin: .
      Not quite :)

Glad to see that you're enjoying HUSNGs and you're making good progress and you seem to be taking everything on board which is really great.

Sorry missed an o, it should say godlike :f_cool:

Anyway I played the micromillions fixed limit event and didn't took any money but it was fun in the end. I could only get chips with random cards then when I got KK and AA lost most of them then I got blinded out.