turn gold!!!!!

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Just turn GOLD a month after i passed the quiz and join Mansion. Got it from playing ring-SSS and tournaments. Weeeeeeeee

What i learned in this month is how to play poker using something else than instinct. The first two weeks where not easy as i was going up n down from 30 to 60$ playing SSS. won 100$ at double or nothing from 1$ i used at the qualifiers. Lost it all to 66$ playing SSS again. I don't know if it's the range of Fish playing at Mansion or if it's just me who failed using the SSS strategy. what i found out is even if i win like 12$ in 6tables where i double my stack. I make 4mistakes at the same time, losing 2$each. EV+ 4$ is not great with all the hands played to get the 12$. sometimes u just don't hit then your EV+4 turn to EV- 8$... on and on!!!!
      Fortunately for me i won a tourney which gave me 237$. plus my 60$ plus the other tourney that gave me 17.5$. Now i can say that the strategy article for tournement players help me alot. I already won alot of tourneys when i was just an instinct player. But now i make way less mistakes. So i believe this is just a beginning!!!
      i forgot every time i lose a 5$buy-in i go play "double or nothing" to get it back... it's sooo not hard!!!! :)
  • 7 replies
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Congratz!
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      don't chase lost money
      my BR went from 175 to 6 dollars in less than an hour when I chased lost money.
      I became more desiplined and grinded my way to $800
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      [ ]correct use of term "EV" in op`s post

EV - The expected value or expectation, abbreviated EV, of a move is the average gain or loss that results from a situation taking into account all possible outcomes and their probabilities.

Its expected value. This value is used to determine if certain move is profitable. And EV is calculated before making move. You take into account all posibilities and find out if making move will give you profit or not. There might be a case where you make +EV move but still loose. Anyway i hope this make it bit more clear as EV is very very very important term in poker and you should know it correctly.
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Congrats !! Are you satisfied with Mansion or thinking about moving elsewhere after clearing 1000 MPP ? I'm also grinding @ Mansion but I'm looking forward to moving to stars maybe. There are a lot of fishes at Mansion, but I didn't find any GUI or datamining soft to use with that software :/
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werkon
      Congrats !! Are you satisfied with Mansion or thinking about moving elsewhere after clearing 1000 MPP ? I'm also grinding @ Mansion but I'm looking forward to moving to stars maybe. There are a lot of fishes at Mansion, but I didn't find any GUI or datamining soft to use with that software :/
      Actually i'm not very sure about moving. the late night tourneys seems good for my health. I placed 1st again... tonigh...right now!!!

but still i want to try Pokerstars and fulltilt for there sattys. I need big action( even if i'm not that successful with it till now)

Originally posted by fun101rockets
      don't chase lost money
      my BR went from 175 to 6 dollars in less than an hour when I chased lost money.
      I became more desiplined and grinded my way to $800
      That's my big problem i think. I spend hours trinna cover up from 2dollars lost... 80% of the time end with losing around 15$ or more at the same NL10 table... but for now i quit Cash games a bit... maybe with your advice i'll try it again

GRIMZOR thanx for the explanation of EV. never really looked for the definition. From today i'll use it more wisely!!! :) :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      This came right after!!!

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Lil update...

This is the first time, i placed ok in a tourney with more than 1500players at Mansion...
      Actually i decided to play this one after i got busted in the first Qualifier for the english community. I was sad... lol... i won 38$