This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 50 ak suited after triple up

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $50.70
      BB:
      $23.50
      UTG:
      $50.97
      Hero:
      $35.40
      UTG+2:
      $71.40
      MP1:
      $16.60
      MP2:
      $46.55
      MP3:
      $41.95
      CO:
      $51.50
      BU:
      $49.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:heart: , K:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG+2 calls $2.00, MP1 calls $2.00, 3 folds, BU calls $2.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10.25) K:diamond: , 7:spade: , 2:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.00, 2 folds, BU calls $7.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($24.25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $40.25 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $64.50
  • 6 replies
    • Kraelog
      Kraelog
      Bronze
      Playing AKs after a triple up certainly isn't a mistake but it does present you some tough decisions once in a while.

Here i would have pushed on the turn. Checking clearly reveals you are afraid of a FD which gives the villain an opportunity to bluff or Semi-bluff (Q with another diamond for example). The chance he does have a Flush isn't that big and with a pot of 25$ you only need to win 1/3 to breakeven.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      if he called the flop he must have some kind of hand though either kq kj maybe kt any flush draw and maybe slowplaying set of 7's or 2's. I cant really see many other hands that woul call in this situation an therefore i gave up the hand thinking i was behind.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd have bet a bit more on the flop so as to set-up a more callable turn push following a blank turn.

The turned Q :diamond: s was just about the worst card in the deck and a decent read is needed before any call can be made on the turn.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think i would probably have bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot on turn but i guess i'd have had to fold to reraise if i did that?

My advice is to post this hand on the BSS forum as well i guess.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      If I am reading the CO stats correctly, then villian appears to be aggresive, but not before the flop. He rarely gets to a showdown, but when he does he wins. My guess is the villian folds to push on the flop, but I cant say thats good strategy as there is 4 opponents with you. Personally I would check and then bet a blank on the turn, or perhaps a sucker bet, something like $1.25? If no :diamond: comes you might get a check down with that many players and your KK will be good.
      Once you double/triple through SSS is over, and you play super tight, yes?
      Judge?
      Bronze
      How come this hand goes into sss strategy? I'm afraid that after trippling up you have to play more like a big stack. Here I'm playing as you did, but I'm not an expert when it comes to big stack play. With the turn card completing a flushdraw I'm definitely not calling such a bet - it beggs to be called.

Nobody will float you like that - unless you're playing high stakes or some weird donks... I think you're learly beaten at this spot.