Battle of the Donkeys: New Structure - Feedback

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      With the first round of the Battle of the Donkeys being completed, we are changing several things around the format. These changes come from a variety of reasons and are aimed at making the BOD more accessible and fun for all users. The most extensive of these changes is moving the BOD to a different tournament and adding additional prizes for the best players.

For more information check out the news:

Feedback and opinions in this thread!
  • 12 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      ZOOOOMG, i love those changes :heart:

1. I used to play that tourney a lot, couldnt play 200k because it started too late. This change is perfect. Now i might play in BOD as well.
      2. More prizes sound like lots of fun.

Anyway i have couple questions. 1. Can i participate on some team and pay my own buyin and keep all prize money too? I dont like staking deals for toruneys that are well into my BRM but i would like to fight for some teams good score as it makes more fun.
      2. If i :heart: both cannell555 and Velak, which team should i try to get into? :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      ZOOOOMG, i love those changes :heart:

1. I used to play that tourney a lot, couldnt play 200k because it started too late. This change is perfect. Now i might play in BOD as well.
      2. More prizes sound like lots of fun.

Anyway i have couple questions. 1. Can i participate on some team and pay my own buyin and keep all prize money too? I dont like staking deals for toruneys that are well into my BRM but i would like to fight for some teams good score as it makes more fun.
      2. If i :heart: both cannell555 and Velak, which team should i try to get into? :D
      Good to hear :)

As to your first question: Yes you can decide not to take the staking deal -> in that case it is either given away to another player or added to the "winnings pot"

To the second question: :D
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Great, 200k was a bit late for me as well, although I still played it a few times :P
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze

:D :D :D
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Wow, a lot of cool changes. I like the move to a different tournament too.

A lot of advantages to these changes. Smaller field, better pay structure, more teams, earlier time...All in all, should be much fun to be had by all!
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I like the changes too, the payout and blind structure are better than the 200k, and the field smaller, I like it. Plus additional prizes for the best players.

I just don't like the fact that it starts earlier, it starts at 2 PM for me... that means that I won't be able lunch out on sundays so I'll have to do the damn dishes... but it's ok, kicking your asses should compensate for that. :D
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze

Well, I'm biased!

But if you make my team, you'll have a steady place on it week after week, and since Cannell555 is a much better player than I am, I can surely use all the help I can get!

Apply Here: Battle of the Donkeys: The Report Team

Quick, before anyone tries to influence you otherwise! :D
    • Kivisaba
      Kivisaba
      Bronze
      love the changes the reason i didnät play the Bod was the time I just can't play a tourny thinking that when i am going to make it good then i would be up until the morning
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak
      Wow, a lot of cool changes. I like the move to a different tournament too.

A lot of advantages to these changes. Smaller field, better pay structure, more teams, earlier time...All in all, should be much fun to be had by all!
      Yes, love it!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Looks good Soy!
    • lordnex
      lordnex
      Bronze
      great changes !!!

#1. Sound like a lot more fun!
      #2. Lower buy-in and earlier start time will certainly attract more participants.
      #3. I haven't played before (Sunday evening isn't really a best time for me), but now I think I might open an account at PokerStars and give it a shot sometimes.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I like the tournament structure, but unfortunately the start time is just too early for me. Having kids has its benefits but being free to play poker anytime you want is not one of them. Have to count me out guys.