Coaching: So you want to grind 180 mans?

• tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      Series Name: So you want to grind 180 mans?

This will be a series of videos and live coaching's giving an in depth introduction into 180 mans and the tools you need to beat them. I will talk about all aspects of 180 mans and show you how to utilise the wide range of tools that are available to improve your game.

As part of this series, I will be grinding fewer tables in the live coachings and moving down in stakes to show how to utilise the concepts discussed in the videos.

Value Proposition: A introduction to the key concepts required to be a successful 180 man grinder. I will cover a wide range of topics including theory, in game analysis, bankroll management and mindset.

Week 1: Introduction to 180 mans, BRM and software / hardware required to advance in the games.

Week 2: Introduction to the games and basic strategies required to be successful. Using various pieces of software, I will show you how to work on your own game and how to evaluate hands early on in 180s.

Week 3: Mid-game. As a continuation of week 2, I will show you how are ranges will change once antes come into play and how to adjust to the increased aggression of regs. I will also show how to utilise your HUD to maximise your edge.

Week 4: Bubble strategy. How to play approaching the bubble and how to take advantage of it plus further discussion on topics covered in Week 3.

Week 5: ITM and final table strategy. Considering ICM and talking about final table strategy and how to use stack sizes to your advantage.

If anyone has any feedback on this plan then feel free to give feedback / ask questions below. If there is anything in keeping with the plan you think I may have missed then please feel free to provide suggestions below.
  • 83 replies
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      is it only live sessions or will the coaching be available as regular videos (cant attend coachings but will appriciate the vidoes!) ?

/AlcopopDK
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      They will be primarily videos, the live coachings will be follow up sessions just demonstrating what I was talking about in the videos further. I know the system has changed, but if necessary I can save the live sessions on my computer and they can be uploaded as videos.
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      ive enjoying ur previous live videos (and recorded coachings) and im looking forward to this video series.

As general feedback i think it would be nice if livecoachings were available in the videosection for a week or so after they were recorded. this gives ppl like me who cant attend coachings an oppotunity to watch and learn afterall ;)

I have no idea wether or not its up to u to decide (or if its even possible), but ill hope u'll take it into consideration for future coachings.

/AlcopopDK
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'm in!

I really need to improved my MTT skills, as that is where the $ lie.

All the best,
      --VS
    • klofutaric
      klofutaric
      Bronze
      Hi,

I,m also in, I totally agree with AlcopopDK, due to my ability watching livecoaching because of my work schedule. I guess this is also for begginer 180 man players, so its also important how to evaluate our own game, hope you'll talk about it aswell.

Regards,

Klo
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey guys,

all of our new webinar-styled coachings will be available in the videosection afterwards. You can read more about our up and coming webinars in today's news: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/PokerStrategy.com-s-new-live-coaching-webinars-start-today-_82783/

Regards,
      Asaban
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Come on dude, ur a coach, unlock urself from sharkscope...
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by SRBSavic1
      Come on dude, ur a coach, unlock urself from sharkscope...
      Whom are you actually talking to? =)

I don't see any point why coaches should unlock themselfs from sharkscope. It's a personal decision everybody has to make for himself. Many coaches don't want any information out in public, that isn't necessary in order to do their jobs. Results aren't!

If you are not sure if one of the coaches is capable of giving advice, feel free to review all of his posts in the forum, as well as his videos (if available), his hand evaluations (if available), the public coachings he held so far (if any) or even his private coaching feedback thread.

I think that should be enough information for anyone to paint their own picture of the coaches abilities.

Personally I locked myself on all result sites and don't want any of my results published in any form, as long as I don't choose to publish them myself.
      Again: That's a personal choice I made and it's not up for discussions.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I'm definitely in!!!

NVKS
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      Thumbs up for the webinar that allows us to watch the coachings in the videosection!

@tomsom87 it would be nice with some specific content towards the 3.5r (rebuy strat, early game dynamics, deeper mid game dynamics)

/AlcopopDK
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback. This week will just be an introduction, I'm hoping that I will be allowed to release a video on a Tuesday evening, and then the following Tuesday talk a bit more about the content and answer any questions people have about it. This will be very much a beginners series, but I think its good for everyone to go back to basics every now and again!

Tonight I will be grinding the $2.50 180 mans (and might even throw in the $0.50 ones). Will make a difference not having many stats on players and will hopefully be able to show how to try and make assumptions based on a limited amount of information. I will also be play fewer tables, probably 12 max, so I can talk in a bit more detail about possible ranges etc.

As for my locking my results, pretty sure Asaban has covered it. Several questions on a weekly basis about results aren't really that productive (how come you haven't made any money in the last 500 games?), especially in games that are high variance such as 180's. In my first video of this series I actually talk in some detail about the variance involved in the games, which actually reminded me just how brutal they can be.
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlcopopDK
      @tomsom87 it would be nice with some specific content towards the 3.5r (rebuy strat, early game dynamics, deeper mid game dynamics)

/AlcopopDK
      I will cover the 3 rebuys separately. They're much deeper than the regular 180's (as I'm sure you know anyway) so I will probably do a separate video covering the early / middle stages for those. For a start I just want to focus on the smaller buy ins and talk about possible strategies for those.
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      The Quiz That Should Have Been That Wasn't But Now Is

So in the session I forgot to mention my quiz that I was meant to do. Please only enter this if you have a full Hand History from a 180 man where you got 3 handed / heads up (don't worry if it isn't saved you can retrieve it from stars).

Basically I'm going to do a Lodden Thinks with my girlfriend (brag). I'm going to ask her how many hands she thinks I have played in my whole life. She knows absolutely nothing about poker so she could literally say anything! The question is, how many hands do you think she will say? Nearest guess wins the review.

All answers must be emailed to me (do not post in this thread) along with the HH you wish to have reviewed. My email address is somerville.poker @ gmail.com (remove the spaces). Deadline for entries is Monday at 12 (Noon) British Summer Time. I will post all the guesses in here and will reveal the winner on Monday evening.
    • SiKWiThIt
      SiKWiThIt
      Bronze
      Hey Tomsom87 i missed the first session, do you know if it was recorded and will be uploaded as i really want to attend all the lessons in this series.

Regards Jordan
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      Hi Jordan,

Fortunately you haven't really missed much. Boomer was just a little bit keen with advertising it and put me down to start a week earlier than I was anticipating. The series will primarily be a videos which should be released once a week and the live sessions will be a follow up and an opportunity to ask questions.

Other people have asked for the live sessions to be posted as videos so I'm sure that will be a possible. I'm not sure when the first video in the series will be released, but I have been told it will be soon (in the next couple of days I'm hoping).
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I had the pleasure of watching your coaching today.

I am awestruck.

You were playing tables and making decisions so fast it was wonderful to behold. Not only that but all the while, discussing everything under the sun.

I admit I did have trouble keeping track of the tables.
      I tried to do it by who was sitting beside you, but when you got shifted, or they got busted it got all messed up.

Finally I went by your stack size and that helped a bit.

I'm not sure I like the idea of a 100 game downswing.

I was planning to start w/ the $1.00 version, but I'll have a crack at a couple of .50 once first.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • ninja21
      ninja21
      Bronze
      I liked your coaching very much!

handsome guy! see you next week
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      hey tomsom87,

tyvm for the coaching. Impressive how you managed all those tables and also always answered to every single question.
      Your suggestion for the required bankroll let me think to go down to $1 180'ies.

Looking forward to your 1st Video of this Series

NVKS
    • SiKWiThIt
      SiKWiThIt
      Bronze
      Ok thats good news for me =)

Reading a few of the comments on this thread regarding bankroll and downswings, could anyone sum up briefly what was said about these for 180s.

Thank youuuu :)