70%
        Lackoogcb
        30%
      Total: 56 Votes
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

This is the official thread for feedback on the Theory Battle between Lackoogcb and Sirrybob

Video

In this series we will be pitting the best coaches PokerStrategy.com has to offer against each other in a battle of theory and poker philosophy to crown our first Theory Battle champion.

In the first battle our newest Diamond coach Lackoogcb, a 600-1kNL regular and Pokerstrategy.com Black Member takes on one of the most exploitatively minded coaches we have in Uri "sirrybob" Peleg

You can see examples of both our participants' work in the video section

Lackoogcb: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/32614
      Sirrybob: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/33095

Who do you think made the best showing out of our two coaches and deserves the title of PokerStrategy.com Theory Champion, why and who would you like to see take part in the Theory Battle in the future?
  • 8 replies
    • Lucker9200
      Lucker9200
      Bronze
      Really great series :) , keep them coming :f_cool: .
      For the first match I would consider it a draw and give each one of them a point. I think they both did very well and I would love to see more from both of them.
      To be more specific the way I would rate their performance:
      Sirrybob:Lackoogcb
      Q1 - 1:1
      Q2 - 1:0 (more explanations on who to use it against and how and more open mindedness I guess)
      Q3 - 0:1 (more productive answer that could be easily put into practice and closer to my opinion to some extent I guess)
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Watching now
      Next one is obvious - mblm vs Pleno1
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      The idea for this video is absolutely awesome. I'm very excited about it.

My main impression is that much would be gained by intercalating both coaches. That'd be easier and clearer, both for the battle and for the theory bits. So, for example: look at postflop for coach 1 and then coach 2. Then turn for coach 1 and then coach 2. So on. Otherwise it takes way too long to come back and forth.

Smaller things that this could help also is that the video felt a bit too slow at times, it could be more dynamic; and that it's rather long. So if you are not watching the whole thing at once, it'd be best to have the different spots at a time so you could watch each spot rather than having once coach at a time.

Keep it up!
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah let the dudes get together at least at the end. Didn't mind the pacing, although if the guys had time to prepare and knew all the questions and would just come with clear cut answers it'd be better saving some delay time
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Actually I prefer them not to be prepared for the questions - That way you could actually see the decision making process.

Awesome series, haven't listened with so much attention for some time.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      I love this series, can't wait to see it grow into a "thing" :f_biggrin:

They both had solid arguments. I guess I give a slight edge to Sirrybob, mainly on a biased basis (my views for Q3 are similar to his)
    • Laci24
      Laci24
      Bronze
      I really like the series! :)

Next one is pleno vs Internet :)
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Argumentum ad populum