Table set-up, mix of tile+stack

• bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

I'm playing on pokerstars and want to create a specific table set-up.
      Like this: 4 tables tiled in form of a quad. Each table shall be stacked with 1 table behind.

So i'm having 8 tables overall.

Behind each slot(table) shall be 1 more stacked table (after closing a finished game and a new one pups up, it shall pop up exactly at the slot where it got closed)

Somehow doable?

Greetz
  • 4 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Funny timing, I just posted about this in my blog last night. I'm doing the exact same thing. The only way I could figure out to do it was to manually set it up and save it as a custom layout.

I opened up 4 tables tiled, then another 4 and manually positioned & sized them over top of the previous ones... so I had 4 tiles each 2 deep. Then I went View --> Manage Layouts --> Save As and checked the "apply successive" option. (I'm not 100% sure what that option does though).

A couple of notes about this:
      1) It seems to open up tables by position first, so your first 2 tables will be stacked in slot 1, then the third table that opens will be in slot 2, fourth table will open in slot 2, fifth table will open in slot 3, sixth table will open in slot 3, etc...

2) It only knows what to do for as many tables as you have set when you save it. So if you save your configuration with 4 tiles x 2 deep and then open up a 9th table - it won't be in one of the slots...

Hope this helps.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Great! Thanks a lot, will try it directlly in my next session.

So I just need to make sure to close the finished table before registering to a new 1 and it'll pop up in the same slot, right?

Or will it mass stack the first slot, rather then popping up in the slot where I closed the finished one ?

Greetz
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Tried it out and it works fine. The "apply active layout button" is there to reset your saved layout that you are using in the session. E. G. you change the size of a window while playing and u click the button everything will be reset.

Actually, my expectations of the new layout were high, but got devasted quite a bit!
      It's really hard to take notes and mark hands for review, when you use the x2 stack.

Don't know if I'll stick with it. MB you can tell me your experiences and how you handle notes/marks.

Greetz
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I'm still getting used to it. It is much harder to take notes since quite often you don't even see something to take a note on, because after your action the next table pops up... I found I was using the hand replayer off to the side quite a bit more to see what happened on the river - i.e. what did opponent actually call me with for instance.

I think that is just one of the cons of playing stacked. I think I will have to stick with it for a week or more before I decide... right now though I am leaning towards keeping this system since I think I can get a bit more volume in.