Best times to play No Limit Hold'em

• mcvarga
      mcvarga
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

Anyone have any statistics on the best times to play No Limit Cash games on one site or across all sites? By "best" I mean: Most traffic, Softest Opponents, .etc. If not any statistics, what would be your suggestions?

Thanks

-Malachi
  • 13 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mcvarga
      Hey Guys,

Anyone have any statistics on the best times to play No Limit Cash games on one site or across all sites? By "best" I mean: Most traffic, Softest Opponents, .etc. If not any statistics, what would be your suggestions?

Thanks

-Malachi
      Hi, mcvarga...
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

There used to be a site that showed traffic by time of day, but I think it has gone now.
      If not, someone will correct me.

Failing that, it seems to me that the heaviest traffic is from 16hr to 23hr GMT -- evening in Europe.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • reyeswhite
      reyeswhite
      Basic
      All depends on the poker room you're playing in, but if you're British for example and you play in a British poker room as good as (European), your best chance to defeat opponents would be early in the morning or on a friday or saturday night.

Many opponents who play early in the morning such as 1am-4am etc; are probably playing for boredom or addiction, and if tiredness is a factor you can be sure to capitalize on this.

Playing on friday and saturday nights is also good because a lot of people may be playing under the influence of alcohol, and gives you bigger pots when playing against a drunk aggressive player.

You need to make sure of course that the players you're playing against are in your own timezone or close. Playing in a british poker room at 2am is all well and good, but not great if you're playing against an Americans who are 5 hours behind.
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      I agree with reyeswhite, but most important is that you are ready and feel fresh to play yourself :)
    • bleekki
      bleekki
      Bronze
      For me best time to play poker is then when my mind is at "ZEN" mode so i can focus better and if i lost my ZEN i will quit because i don't wanna loose my money because ANGER/TILT. :D
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Great thread btw, featured in our Community Weekly

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/-tilt-drunk-motivation-movies-dancingducks_88094/
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      There is some stat in HM2 called "winning by the hour" or something like that. I made an graph of my results and it looks like this:

I play on CET and this is all sites I play on. Keeping in variance and that I don´t play the same volume all hours of the day in mind it gives a rough estimate of the good hours.

The hours 18-19 is dinner time so I have a low volume there. The hours 21-22 is wife hours and has a low volume and the few times I play there I assume that I´m more often under influence of alcohol myself - else I think these hours would look like the surrounding ones.

Edit: The name was "Time - hourly".
    • lando1
      lando1
      Basic
      Hey Guys,

Thanks

-Malachi
      You should not only consider these things. Most important is that you feel good and are ready to play.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by lando1
      Hey Guys,

Thanks

-Malachi
      You should not only consider these things. Most important is that you feel good and are ready to play.
      I disagree. I think of it as something like tableselection.
    • spor1303
      spor1303
      Basic
      :)
    • gjermz
      gjermz
      Bronze
      Which site has the most pros and wich has the worst?
    • Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      for me, I seem to do better at cash games during the day than on a night ?( I can't seem to really figure out why. Maybe it has something to do with tiredness or maybe it's the opponents. I'm not sure.

Great thread BTW :appl:
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      when people are tired and braiwashed from playing the whole day in early morning in their timezone and is up to you whom you wanna play, south americans, aussies, russians, or europeans
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by gjermz
      Which site has the most pros and wich has the worst?
      PokerStars and PokerStars (DaWarsaw FTW) :truestory: