~Piggy Bank~

• Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Hello everyone =)

I've been playing online for 5 years, Ive done quite alright for the first 3 years but the last 2 have been a total disaster, a disaster that Ive created on my own for no reason but I drown myself darn good by changing my style too much, constantly on TILT, pushed my BR over the edge on a daily bases ~ RESULTS~ BROKE, mind went NUTS and lost total PLEASURE for the game.

I am an active PS member since nov 11th. I really love this school and all what it has been doing for me so far,re-educate me the right way and Im confident it will only get better...but before I reach a controled steady play theres a lot of work that needs to be done...its a TOUGH ORDER & GREAT CHALLENGE to break down old and bad habits and rebuild this poor poker player that I was...BUT..I am UP to it!! YEAH!! :D

So far so good tho :P Im attending the school on a daily bases, read articles,forum, watch videos and exchange with wiser players...I managed to build my BR up to 285$ in the first 12 days by grinding it on micro FL tables...BUT YET...Sometimes my old flaws take over and I have pinpointed my worst one , which is "making bad calls,bets and reraises" RESULTS = LESS money in my BR of course and NOT the habits I wanna fall back into evidently.

So...Yesterday, while I was playing, a thought crossed my mind--- To write down every amount of money that I am saving by not entering the pot. Since the saying says : " a PENNY saved is a PENNY earned" Let's see how BIG my PIGGY BANK will be after a 30 days study :D

P.S.: I am playing 50/1$ FL at the moment and this between 6-10 hrs /day, I'll be posting on a daily bases the amount of money I will have saved in total...this considering not going to see a flop accordingly to the starting hands chart minus the bad calls ill have calculated along my sessions.

******************* WISH ME LUCK!! ********************

Talk to you tomorrow ~Tourelou!~ : ;)

Christine :heart:
  • 82 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Hi Christine.

Nice writeup. Question. Is blue your favourite color? :D

Breaking old habits and learning to re-educate yourself is tough. When I signed up with pokerstrategy I thought I'd be alright by not reading the articles and doing all the homework. I was wrong, I started losing money early on and only after doing all the extra work I turned myself into a better player.

P.S. Good luck on your study.

Matt.
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Hello Matt :)

Thank you for your comment , once again , and yes my fav color is defenitly blue...was it that obvious? hahahha ;)

So far , its not an easy task..im really fighting against myself..but Ill make it -- Patience I have and Im determinated to improve my play --- so --- im giving myself time to reach my goals and remain as calm as I can throughout this journey :)

Talk soon Matt :P
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey Christine

Nice start of the blog. It looks to be really interesting to follow, and can be a good inspiration I think.

I have one concern though:
      You say you BR is up to $285 and you later state that you play FL0.50/1. According to BRM you should have at least 300BB (which I suppose you know is big bets in FL). Have you thought about this? Or maybe your BR is already big enough. I don't know of course. Just wondering.

Cheers and all the best,
      Kimber88
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Hello Kimber 88!

Thank you for your interest and your message back..well appreciated :)

I guess you was right...I went too fast in the 50/1$ thinking that since I was this close of the 300xBB I was alright moving up...and there came a huge downswing...guess it had to happen soon or later :( Oh well...its part of poker unfortunatly....Im taking a lil break of a day or so and will get back it.

Besides my downswing....luckily...after all the additon throughout my 7 hours play...divided in 4 sessions...I have saved 28.75$...which would have been bad calls...PHEW...thank good God I have 1 foot on the break pedal lol Maybe was I playing too many tables too...was on 4 tables...tough to tell...im used to play multiple tables...just wondering if its appropriated when you have a small BR...can anyone advise me on this plz

Talk soon guys...gl to you all..and to me too when I play back later today or tomorrow =)

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I play 4-6 tables with 25BB on each. It's not a problem to play multiple tables with small BR on FL I think(just not outside BRM ;) ). You can do it too.

And very nice that you make those good laydowns. I have had very hard times doing that. But I'm getting better too. :)

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Hey m8z which limits are you playing, which site?
      I'm playing FL0.5/1 Fullring at Pokerstars. Started not long ago. I'm getting used to it slowly but surely.
      Gambit since you're getting started with this limit, I advice that you play 2tables at a time for couple of days. New limits mean variance for a lot of players because they're playing with scared money. Playing 2 tables will help you to concentrate on your game a lil bit more. When u familiarize with this limit, then you can get back to your old habits
      GL at the tables ;)
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      First Id like to thank straddler71, Kimber888 & 1seednoir1...im reading you guys with pleasure and take all your comments and advices into consideration and also think its cool to feel that Im not alone or talking to myself teehee :)

Alright-- Now lets talk about DAY 2

I have sticked to 50/1$ FL --- it hasnt been bad nor good , my BR went down by roughly 15$ I have played 3 sessions. Ive calculated what I put in my piggy bank and the total today = 24.90$ which Im proud of.

I took notes about some of my obvious ROOKIE play to help me even more with this game that I so enjoy, and having it written on here will remind me, over time , to not make them anymore.

Here they are my worst post flop play~ MP3~ J10s , CO raised , SM-BB called, I called - flop was 9JK -turn -Q - river -3 RESULT = CO won with A10os lost 6.5BB

I have 1010 vs J10 - the guy has position on me , flop 34J I bet he flat calls, turn J I bet he raises I reraise (DOH ME) he capped ,river A I bet he just called...lost 6.5BB

Last one and not the least Im UTG with AKos I raised CU AQos reraised, BB K :club: J :club: called I capped and we are 3 in the pot...flop was 7 :club: 8 :club: Q :heart: , I bet ( which I should have just checked) I get raised and called anyway, turn 3 :diamond: BB we all call, river 9 :club: and the foolish me called the 1BB bet on the river anyway... Im such a hard headed girl :rolleyes: lost 3BB not counting my bets preflop , they were correct.

So...with these ROOKIE MISTAKES...if I would have played correctly those hands I would have made a profit today of 1BB instead of losing 15$...Conclusion :"notes are important about your opponents and they are even more important about yourself" =)

Have a happy poker day everyone!

• straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Bonjour Christine.

Something else I like to do after every session is to review hands. Every hand where I lost or won a good size pot I take a look at. Just to see if I made any mistakes and that Im applying the theory correctly. Just a thought.

Are you using any poker software? You can get the pokerstrategy elephant when you get to 1,000 strategy points. Its a bit of a pain when setting it up though.

Have a nice day.

Matt.
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Salut Matt :)

Yes I do but a lot of time it doesnt work well..and stops in midlle of my sessions and got to report bugs..not really fun...hopefully overtime it will be running a bit smoother. To look at the hands you have played is a great idea I agree with you.

Talk soon Matt , have a nice day also!

• Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Oh almost forgot to answer your question 1seednoir1 :(

Im playing at party poker and playing 50/1$ FL for now.

~Tourelou~

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey Christine..

I like your thoughts and notes on your own play.

What's your nick on party if I may ask? We might run into eacher other once in a while.. :)

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      hello Kimber :)

Thank you again..Im pleased you do...its a great introspection I must say, there's nothing wrong admiting your faults...on the contrary...it always as helped to improve myself...at many levels :)

My nick on Party Poker is CAndreason...would be nice to see you at the tables :P

Have a great day Kimber and best of luck to you!
      Take care!

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I think this will be your next assignements...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/49/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/72/

Use this link to convert hands.

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Enjoy ;)
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      I think this will be your next assignements...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/49/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/72/

Use this link to convert hands.

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Enjoy ;)

Hiya 1seednoir1 :)

them 2 articles were great 2 read...I guess it is obvious im right in the middle of them articles, is there anything else you could advise me with?

thanks for the analyse..well appreciated once again :)

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      The only way I can advice you is by reading your posts on your game. So after every session or 2, make a resume of what's been going on and give your point of view. I'll come visit and Advice you when necessary ;)
    • Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      :D :D Ill do that.... ty 1seednoir1 :)

For today I will stick to only 1 ring table at the time in order to try to controle those huge leaks I have and remain focus on the game more than on the money itself...so with this said..I wont do a count of my pigggy bank...but just try to play with the knowledges I have acquired over the past couple of weeks.

Tourelou~

• Gambitwd
      Gambitwd
      Bronze
      Hello guys.

Yesterday I have stick to what I said and played only 1 table at the time and it went a whole lot better.I had my mind really set up to the game, still it was making me nervous a bit to play, the main reason was that I was scared to lose...I have had 3 not so good days in a row and lost a great chunk of my BR ...probably should not have played since I had that thought in mind but I played anyway ...cant stay away from the game more than half of day :baby: Anyways....I have also decided to skip counting my piggy bank for a while because I think my mind was too focused on that and not on the game itself.

What ive done instead was playing just a couple of rounds per table, and if I was losing 10BB I was heading to a new table and also if I was winning 5BB or more I was going to a new table too. At the end of the day my BR was up 48$ :D

talk later folks

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hi Gambi,

Love the piggy bank idea. Maybe I'll steal it ;)
      Seems like your working on your game in a good way :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gambitwd
      Hello guys.

Yesterday I have stick to what I said and played only 1 table at the time and it went a whole lot better.I had my mind really set up to the game, still it was making me nervous a bit to play, the main reason was that I was scared to lose...I have had 3 not so good days in a row and lost a great chunk of my BR ...probably should not have played since I had that thought in mind but I played anyway ...cant stay away from the game more than half of day :baby: Anyways....I have also decided to skip counting my piggy bank for a while because I think my mind was too focused on that and not on the game itself.

What ive done instead was playing just a couple of rounds per table, and if I was losing 10BB I was heading to a new table and also if I was winning 5BB or more I was going to a new table too. At the end of the day my BR was up 48$ :D

talk later folks

Hi Christine :) ,
      By the way, If the piggy bank help you to focus, you can do it this way: you count the number of BB you've saved by folding a nice hand because the SHC told you so. Something like KQo UTG or whatever hand you like to play outta SHC. And, or you can count the BB lost playing outta SHC. That can help you stick to SHC at 99%. Yeah SHC is a magic formula. The day you master the SHC, you can beat any limit. Like I said don't think money; you lose or win money don't have to be a concern as long as you play right (SHC).
      Not thinking money has 2 advantages; you make less mistakes because there is no scared money plays. You won't tilt easily because you've lost to bad beats. After that, there will be no obstacle and money will come before you even noticed it. It's not that easy but if some have done it, why not you :) . From now on you'll talk BB (big bets), that's more of a FL language. If you want some assistance while you're playing, just come over on the IRC. There is guys, including me, willing to help out.
      GL at the tables ;)

Edit: why would you leave a winning seat? stay there till there is no more hand to win :tongue: .