Quiz of the Week: FL - Adjusting to your opponent

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      This week's quiz focuses on you silver players out there and the topic is "Adjusting to your opponent".

Standard play and following charts can only take you so far, so reading your opponents and having stats on them is definitely necessary. That is why you should take this quiz and see if you can play your game but also your opponents and their various play styles:

Quiz of the Week: FL - Adjusting to your opponent

Feedback is definitely appreciated, so tell us what you think about this quiz:

- how many points did you get?
      - how was the it overall?
      - what would you have done differently?
  • 11 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 32 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 91 %!

I never fold K3s at question 3. ;)
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 32 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 91 %!

I guess i dont play against maniacs perfect (yet) :)

But like cirith i also like to push variance with K3s in position :P

I really like the quiz some interesting spots ;)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 23 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 66 %!
      But I think I can safely blame this on the fact that I never read the silver articles nor played sh fl :D .
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 31 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 89 %!

Quite interesting. Maybe I should be playing SH soon.. Just need the BR for it. It's a shame party doesn't have SH table sooner than 0.5/1.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      28/35 because I didn't see we were playing a maniac in both of the AK hands :(

Else I'd have 32 aswell.

Good quiz, even though I think a 3-bet with the 33 hand should be OK as we will be ahead of the maniac quite a lot and the BU might fold some better hands.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I never fold K3s at question 3. ;)

Good quiz, even though I think a 3-bet with the 33 hand should be OK as we will be ahead of the maniac quite a lot and the BU might fold some better hands.
      I'm adding 2 points! =)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I got 80%, forgot the number of points :P

One thing dough, in the hands where you play the maniac HU(example the AK hand), isn't the play there depended only on the variance level you like to play? I took the more passive approach, becouse I just don't feel comfortable pushing it that much with a mediocre hand. It can get pretty costly and thus the variance gets higher. I'd play hands like that more passively and wait for better spots to really stick it to him. I think I also read something about this in the How to play maniacs article, but I'm to lazy to look for it right now :P :)
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 28 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 80 %!

and I dont even play limit or read the articles maybe I should switch.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      I got 80%, forgot the number of points :P

One thing dough, in the hands where you play the maniac HU(example the AK hand), isn't the play there depended only on the variance level you like to play? I took the more passive approach, becouse I just don't feel comfortable pushing it that much with a mediocre hand. It can get pretty costly and thus the variance gets higher. I'd play hands like that more passively and wait for better spots to really stick it to him. I think I also read something about this in the How to play maniacs article, but I'm to lazy to look for it right now :P :)
      No your hand is just too strong and you lose value by checking. If he is really a maniac he will raise with a lot worse hands. Bet/calldown for value. :)
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      You achieved a total of 28 out of 35 possible points. This corresponds to 80 %!

Im also raising the K3s hand. Its a monster hand O_o
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      33/35.

I really liked that quiz. Always good to stay on top of the basics.