Weekly Vote: Do Your Friends Play Poker?

• Poll
    • Do Your Friends Play Poker?

Yes, but only few of them.
        54%
        Yes, most of them.
        26%
        No, none of them.
        19%
        Yes, all of them.
        1%
      Total: 162 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      We all enjoy a game of poker from time to time, whether it is in the company of our friends, at a casio, or online.

However, not all people embrace poker in the same way: some actually found friends in the poker world, some have taught (or learned from) one of their friends, or some even make a distinction between poker and friends.

That's what we would like to know: are your friends playing poker in general? Do they like it as much as you do, or there is a distinct difference between friends and poker in your life?
  • 22 replies
    • DEVILazas
      DEVILazas
      Bronze
      Mostly dont and dont want to understand this mania :)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      No. And they think I'm degen who's gambling addicted, lol.
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      Same as Zheelvern, bat have 1 friend why play few hours weekly poker bat hi is playing most of his time DOTA, and hi is a hell of a player (mby some of you know him GreedySerbian is nickname) bat hi has the potential at poker to by a good poker player
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I have 2 kind of friends.
      Bodyboarders that have no idea how to play or have the slightest idea how to play the game.

Aussie Hold'Em Company friends, Some play and suck, there is a couple that play regularly but they don't know the means of BRM.
      There is 3 or 4 that are really solid players and think they could teach a lot and build a solid bankroll if put the effort in.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I have one poker playing friend, but he's rather screwing around, playing outside of his br, and playing less or more everything the poker world has to offer, and he sucks at it all. I actually tried to introduce him to PS but he found the strategy's to tight.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Where's the option: "I have no friends"? -_-
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      should have options for,

- I have no friends just creditors that i lent money from to feed my poker addiction
      - I have no friends because i took all their money in our poker games
      - I have no time for friends, poker is more important.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      most of my friends play poker casually. One takes it seriously and is a semipro at FTP.
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      should have options for,

- I have no friends just creditors that i lent money from to feed my poker addiction
      - I have no friends because i took all their money in our poker games
      - I have no time for friends, poker is more important.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Sadly I don't have any poker playing friends. I would enjoy a home game from time to time.

We had some really fun home SnG's in high school, but I rarely have contact with those guys anymore since we are spread around the country. But that was really fun. We all played the crasiest LAG style - just playing for fun, and 6 guys playing LAG is really funny. It's nice to win a pot with J high :D
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Only few
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Well, I voted that all my friends play it. Some only really sometimes, but still they all do.

Maybe it's cause I'm from the Netherlands ;) .
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      some play homegames... and call me names when I spend my evening playing sng's :D
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      We rarely get together and play because we usually play at my house but I get bored too easy with them unless i drink. And poker doesnt go with drink.

Maybe i should see it as a social gathering rather than a poker/money-making one =S
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i have a lot of friends, but nobody takes online poker seriously,they think, they will invest to much time...We are gathering once per week for "frienldy" poker tournaments (buy-in 2€) and i am loosing there most of the time:) :) ..but some of them have potential for sure, just they do not understand all the important things when playing poker like strategy behind, BRM etc...
    • hugeego
      hugeego
      Bronze
      Yea most of them do. We allso have homegames from time to time, but i cant really focuse playing with friends, all i do is bluff! :D

Trying to TAF em all over here btw

+3 so far :)
    • citystar12
      citystar12
      Bronze
      Most of mine do. One of them plays at Full Tilt every day, some just like to gamble. We play a lot cash games Holdem and Omaha . It is a lot of fun we are very competitive. Some times we play for 9h 2 days in a row.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by citystar12
      Most of mine do. One of them plays at Full Tilt every day, some just like to gamble. We play a lot cash games Holdem and Omaha . It is a lot of fun we are very competitive. Some times we play for 9h 2 days in a row.
      Can I be your friend? :D
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      yes, my friends got me into this madness =@