Monkey Business

• metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Good Day fellow poker strategists.

Welcome to the blog of MetalMonkey80.

Over the last two years I have been playing poker. It all started with PKR and progressed to PokerStars.
      My poker partner spent lots of time researching what it takes to make poker pay as a job and how to play at the professional level.
      In his study came across many different forums and of them all, PokerStrategy was the best for the levels we were at (Absolute Beginner / Pauper), and what are aiming to become over the next years (Professional / Rich).
      My self, I am used to going out and working 9-5 in a regular Job, earning a basic wage and having no say what so ever over the hours or days I work.
      All my life I have been told 'Gambling is for idiots', so never playing or caring about it you can imagine my response when my poker partner suggested we give it a try as a job!
      Now that I have been playing for a couple of years I don't even really consider it gambling in a way, with the correct bankroll management decisions and knowledge.
      Like any job, if you don't know what you are doing you won't make much money. If you go into business you must make a plan to be successful.
      So with the wealth of information available to me on the site I shall, fingers crossed be a professional online poker player one day and I look forward to posting my results. Be it positive or negative my aim is to give it a shot.

This month I hit gold here on PS, and Silver on pokerstars. Moved up from 10nl to 25nl. For the last 3 months I have been treating my poker as a job and applying the same ethic I would with any job. I have made a plan that includes goals and a balanced amount of learning to reach my overall goal of hitting supernova by the end of 2016.

My Blog will be split into the following sections:

Weekly intro / Report

Every Monday I will update here with the highlights of my poker week.
      Some of my good days and a basic report of my bad ones too.

Get rich or die tryin' Bank Roll Challenge

As part of my poker success I have joined the 'Get rich or die tryin' BankRoll Challenge' thread.

FPP challenge

As I grind points over the following months I thought I would give myself a challenge and use my FPP to play the 5fpp satellite for the Sunday Storm. I am aiming to use 15fpp per game (entry +1 rebuy, and 1 add on) Hopefully I will be able to make a good return of T money.

Rake

My rake record of each weeks play.

Money for nothing, chips for free - Freerolls

Freerolls are the place I started. In this section I will discuss my result for the freerolls I enter.

Takin' Shop.

Just general poker gossip and strategy articles I have been reading
      After today I decided to add to my learning a few lessons on Hyper Turbos.

My session highlights

All my learning threads

Poker Health

A quick run down of what changes I am making in my life to help improve my game and general health.

Looking ahead

My plan for the week coming. The goals I have set myself and upcoming events and lessons I will be attending.

Over the next few days I will properly update this blog with a more in depth one.

Good luck at the tables.
  • 145 replies
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Nice start to your blog, will look forward to following your progress.

This made me laugh
      ...for the levels we were at (Absolute Beginner / Pauper)
      Pauper :f_biggrin:

Like any job, if you don't know what you are doing you won't make much money. If you go into business you must make a plan to be successful.
      Good point, I think it's important to do what you know too, like you could make some great plan but then not follow it (been there done that!)

Good luck! :f_drink:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi iSoOwnYou and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for your post.
      Just had a look at your Blog too and It looks like you are doing well after that unlucky start.
      I know just how that feels.
      pokerstars is so rigged it is unbeleivable $1 180 man.

KK < 99 aipf.

next hand AQ < q8 ai pf.

Why? Why do they make this damn rig. Can't they just run a decent honest site?
      I found this video on you tube after reading so many people say the same during my daily grind

:f_biggrin:
      Look forward to following your progress too.

My Regards
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Matt,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Hey Metal Monkey. Haha that was a funny video.

Thanks for quoting that I forgot all about that post! That was quite a while ago. My thinking was so wrong back then. One of the things my coach first addressed in our first session was telling me that stars isn't rigged, lol - and that pro's don't think this way, recreational players do :f_thumbsup:

Also I think a big part of this thinking is if you are a losing player, those bad beats mean you can't profit. If you are a winning player, you can still profit through the bad beats - and it makes them ALOT easier to take :f_drink: that's where I am now at last!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi metalmonkey80,

we are missing your update for our Bankroll challenge!
      Let us know when you are back on the tables & give us some banana-bad beat stories!

CU,Sven Be
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello all,
      I am updating my blog today. I have had some what a bad week on the tables and shall explain all later today.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

So I have now done it! Committed myself to blogging and working on homing my skills in the varied world of online poker.

In order to succeed in this task there is a lot of work I must do to achieve the goals I have set.
      I have been recommended by many people to read a article called 'The quick guide to skyrocketing your (poker) productivity' by Schnitzelfisch found here.
      So for the first 30 days of my blog, I thought this a great place to start.

This past week has been some what a anti climax to a great few weeks previous.
      I am down considerably resulting in a drop from 25nl to 10nl.
      Bad beat ally for the most of it. With nearly every made hand being busted and fighting to stay afloat among such great fishy players.

STARTING FROM SCRATCH

1. Where am I headed?
      -What do you value most in other people?
      I value their experiences and support

-Who are you at your best? (This means how do you see yourself in the best possible way - what are your best values? For example, you see yourself as a dedicated and loyal person who is also a good listener and can always be counted on...)
      I am a positive person, who is understanding of other people and their ways. Active, supportive and patient. A good team player and quick learner.

-What do you want to be known for after you die?
      Good compost. No seriously if I helped someone than my job is done

2. Vision Statement
      'In the future I would like to be seen by other people actively chasing my goals. A man who took on each challenge and succeeded.
      Due to there being no other option but to make poker work. My main goal is not to run out of BR and be on a higher limit ie: 100nl. Touring the world playing major events. And eventually helping others become successful in their life's and poker career. And not forgetting most importantly to have the comfort and ability to spend more time with y family
      Schnitzelfisch has a much more in depth vision statement and as explained he developed his over time. This I will also do.

1.2 GOALS
      What is a difference between a goal and a dream? A dream is in your head. "I want to have a huge house, a hot girlfriend and a Ferrari but I am not doing anything towards it" – Schnitzelfisch

Don't set monetary goals, but rather (poker theory) learning goals. You should focus on obtaining more knowledge or improving at something, so make sure that your goals will reflect improvement and that they are not luck dependent (winning an MTT would be a bad example of a goal)

-I will read four poker related articles this week.
      -I will play poker at a set time at least an 6 a day for 5/7 day per week.
      -To break even, or be 3 buy ins up!
      -I will also post 5 hands for review.
      -I will update my Goals and habits list until I am happy with it.
      -I will take time to read others blog.

Before I even touch the tables I have to address my work space, tools, and weekly planner.
      A good one found here

1.Weekly planner.

-----------------
      I am to work Monday to Friday. mainly 9 hours per day.
      With 3 breaks. 2x 15 mins 1x 1/2 hour.
      At this point I have decided not to play weekends due to the volume of fish / maniacs. I will though reconsider this after I have done more homework and can deal with the bad beats. Currently my bank roll teaters on 10nl so I want to solidly grind and not risk it.

MONDAY
      -------------
      0930 - 11.30 Blog, Revision of previous weeks performance and notes for weeks play & warming up on lower stake tables
      1200 - 1500
      Begin main grind
      1515 - 1800
      Grind
      1815 - 2000
      Last Grind

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Grind and various lessons. Friday EOD Review of hands.

Weekly Report

Bit of a nightmare of a week
      Have grinded a total 2710 hands
      currently My bank roll stands at $577.25

With the latest distraction courtesy of Poker Stars.
      'Dream Team Collection', I have spent most of my time tryin' to get them all!
      I hate this type of promotion for the reason of cost. If i was flush, no problem. As I am not, this is something I don't like to part in generally. But this time I have decided to allocate a budget.

RONALDO NAZARIO
      ---------------
      990 Sit&go 2c
      -------------
      winnings 10c, $5,
      total winnings. $5.70
      Total investment: $1.62
      PROFIT: $4.08

CRISTIANO RONALDO
      -----------------
      Spin and Go '$1 challenge'.

total investment for all ticket is $63. got to do that with just one!

Games Played: 40
      Games Won: 9
      Games Lost: 31
      Total Investment $1
      Total Winnings $36
      Ticket Winnings $5
      Tickets Gained 40/63

DANEIL NEGREANU
      ---------------
      JJ win on NL

As I am grinding NL25 I haven't a investment on this, just to collect the tickets as I get them. I am sure this won't take I won't force a player of the board of it isn't a good bet just for the ticket.

*24/08 collected them all

HAND REVIEW

-----------

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
      CO: $35.86
      BTN: $58.21
      Hero (SB): $25.00
      BB: $46.19
      UTG: $27.50
      UTG+1: $11.05
      MP: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :club: J :club:
      4 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($10.25) 7 :diamond: 2 :spade: K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($10.25) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.89, BTN calls $4.89

River: ($20.03) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.11 all in, BTN folds

I wish every hand could be like that!

UTG: $35.70
      UTG+1: $26.76
      MP1: $25.35
      MP2: $27.36
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $22.86
      SB: $18.69
      Hero (BB): $25.70

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 9 :diamond: 9 :heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.30) 9 :spade: A :heart: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.90) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.38, CO calls $1.38

River: ($5.66) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO folds

Not many good hands but this one I liked. I think I extracted as much money I could on this board.

BTN: $12.02
      Hero (SB): $10.05
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $16.18
      UTG+2: $36.93
      MP1: $10.17
      MP2: $11.57
      CO: $11.35

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :club: K :diamond:
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.70, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $11.57 all in, CO calls $10.25 all in, Hero calls $6.35 all in

Flop: ($32.85) 5 :heart: 7 :heart: T :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: ($32.85) 3 :diamond: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: ($32.85) 7 :diamond: (3 players - 3 are all in)

One of my many bad beats this week. But i am glad I was not the only one thinking along the same lines. In a way I am glad I didn't have to share that pot If we hit a king!

Over the next few days I will add to my blog as I work though the first 30 days and spend some time catching up with everyone who has followed my blog.
      Thank you for following and good luck at the tables.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Sunday 6th September

Spent most of the day out on the river. Making the most of the last few days of good weather before winter truly arrives!
      So not much action.
      I Played 2 Dream Team Free rolls. No win :(

Results so far.

Monday + Tuesday I won't be grinding as the electric will be out. Hoping to catch up on Wed - Friday FR NL25. And I shall update my Get rich or die trying challenge stat for the week gone on Wednesday.

GL at the tables.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Monday 7th September

Gloomy start to the week. Not much in the way of play. So I am down slightly as I mainly played and paid the rake this week.
      Out of the sessions I had a few good hands. And some really horrid all ins.

As the electric will be out today and tomorrow I will work on my planner and the next section of skyrocketing your (poker) productivity.

Matt
    • deuntjes
      deuntjes
      Bronze
      you seem like a dedicated player, good luck at the tables, will follow this blog ;)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Tuesday 8th September

With the electric still out for most of the day a grind is out of the question. Although I managed to do 200 hands 25nl yesterday. Horrific session! I am now down to 10nl. My HM is also playing up and to add to this disastrous day my poker stars client is also cutting out mid play. I am hoping this is just temporary and by the end of the week I can finally grind a good volume of hands.

WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT!

I have now been playing for a few years and never seen anything like it.
      Sadly my HM is not working so I will give you a brief run down of my bad beat.
      NL25 FR.
      HERO PF EP, 99 obviously a 3x raise.
      VILLAIN BB CALLS (Fish stats 80% of 120 hands played, and all-in lots for steal with any 2 cards)
      FLOP 9,9,T
      HERO Raise
      VILLAIN goes ALL IN

Well what do you have that beats me? A,A K,K Q,Q. maybe 2,5!lmao. Considering his play previous it is unlikely he has hit. I got it so here i go. I call your all in! Show me what you got that warrants such behavior Mr fish.
      VILLAIN SHOW T,T
      Fair enough I would 80% make that call in your position.
      The dealer delivers a 3, and still I am ahead.
      Then the tragic twist! down comes a T! :spit:
      I loose my buy in!

By far my worse bad beat to date.

Hopefully when I get back into my solid grind and there are no more interruptions things will get better.

For the rest of today I am going to finish off Schnitzelfisch Skyrocketing sections and planning a good office when I go back to work.

Thank you deuntjes for following my blog and I look forward to reporting on some more great play. Be it good or bad beats.

Good luck at the tables.
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Great blog, mate.... will be following up.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He metalmonkey80,

where are your pictures from? They look like you live in a very idyllic area and don't need any holidays at all - or are these taken during holidays?

CU,SvenBe
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Last month I have been a bit lazy in keeping up to date with my blog. After the horrid first week and a secession of visits from family and friends, days outs. My grand plan has not gone as I wanted. But with that in mind I now know what to do in order to account for this in the future. So over the past few weeks I have done an MOT of my game.
      Firstly for rest. Secondly to take the time to produce all my plans and strategy.

Last month I played a total of 7139 hands. My holdem manager for some reason is not giving me correct results in tourney and cash but I have had a bit of a roller coaster ride. Thankfully I have made back my losses in the last week.

Other successes I have had include:

Common Cents Kick-Off $0.01: 7428th place out of 253698 winning $1
      Common Cents 02: 5959th place out of 35560 winning $0.14
      Common Cents 05: 1107th out of 21485 winning $1.42
      Common Cents 07: 1114th out of 20253 winning $1.90
      Common Cents 11: 3390th out of 22842 winning $0.90
      Total winning of $3.94

235 FPP 6max Super Satellite. 1st winning $11 ticket. I unregistered for the target tournament and used in another $11 satellite for the Sunday million. I managed to win $215 and received another ticket which I unregistered from and have put into the Knockout week.

Previous I talked about working from skyrocketing your (poker) productivity 30 DAYS TO MAKE A HABIT
      I was aiming to start this at the beginning of October. But delayed it and will begin in November.
      Over the last month I have worked on the first element of this plan and as follows

1) Habits and goals
      I know I have to improve and implement on the following.
      (Don't break the chain!) aim to start the 30 days in November.
      Health / water. 1 coffee. 3x exercise. smoking vs vaping.
      Proper breaks.
      smoking

It is now my 3rd month of not smoking, and my health is really starting to pick up! When I decided to quit I was informed that my best chances were to not quit nicotine just yet. And was recommended to start vaping due to the lack of chemical and still wean off nicotine, and stop vaping by the end of December.
      I will do a feature about my vaping experience later next month.
      (In the UK we have stop smoking awareness month called 'Stoptober')

2 WEEKLY PLANNER

Finally I have produced a draft of my weekly planner and habits and goals list. Along with my vision statement I shall be updating this over the next month as i start my 30 days to make a habit.

If you are looking for a good weekly schedule to work from. You can find one here and Timetable here

POKER CHAT

LADS NIGHT IN

Research shows one in eight men in the UK will get prostate cancer.

Like many of the charities out their they all need our support. From research into cures and bettering treatments to support and awareness.
      Here are my results for the tournament.

POKER. LUCK OR SKILL?

I came across a forum post originally posted by gonzales1981 asking if any one can convince him if poker is skill or just luck based. over the last 2 weeks this has turned into a good thread and also a interesting poll. check it out here.

VorpalF2F
      And actually, luck CAN be quantified.
      The statistical concept is called "Variance" and is defined as "the square of the standard deviation" (source: variance)

Bogden did a video on this that is for Silver Status and above.
      I shall try and find the link for this video and post it here.

HUMAN HUD

Volrath89 posted a interesting piece about HUDS

I've read recently this article Quit Professional Poker and Do Something Useful and that has been in the back of my mind actually... in what other industry and what actual appliance could a HUD have in the real world?
      Read more here

I believe that with google glasses a HUD is not far off being totally customized. If I could customize a HUD it would include information based around what I am seeing in real time. Ie. sign posts when in a foreign country and real time translation. Navigation. The list is endless.

tieppofer : Great start from tieppofer and fingers crossed for some more good results. You can his blog here

Hands of the month

2 pair vs three of a kind esp with K over card on board.

CO: $17.01
      BTN: $7.71
      Hero (SB): $26.27
      BB: $17.79
      UTG: $7.33

Pre Flop: ($0.12) Hero is SB with J :heart: T :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero raises

to $0.80, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) 2 :heart: J :diamond: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.87, Hero calls $1.87

Turn: ($5.69) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.03 all in, Hero calls $5.03

River: ($15.75) 7 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $15.75
      BTN shows K :diamond: Q :spade: (three of a kind, Kings)
      Hero shows J :heart: T :diamond: (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
      BTN wins $15.10
      (Rake: $0.65)

================

MP1: t2576 M = 7.16
      MP2: t3480 M = 9.67
      CO: t8709 M = 24.19
      BTN: t6345 M = 17.62
      SB: t3217 M = 8.94
      BB: t497 M = 1.38
      Hero (UTG): t2966 M = 8.24
      UTG+1: t7210 M = 20.03
      UTG+2: t3585 M = 9.96

Pre Flop: (t360) Hero is UTG with A:spade: A:heart:
      Hero raises to t450, 2 folds, MP1 calls t450, 5 folds

Flop: (t1260) 7:spade: 4:heart: A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets t2111 all in, Hero calls t2111

Turn: (t5482) 2:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t5482) 5:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t5482
      MP1 shows 3:heart: 3:diamond: (a straight, Ace to Five)
      Hero shows A:spade: A:heart: (three of a kind, Aces)
      MP1 wins t5482

=======================

Hero (BB): $25.25
      UTG: $32.26
      UTG+1: $19.56
      MP1: $22.57
      MP2: $22.42
      CO: $35.77
      BTN: $25.25
      SB: $22.23

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with K:heart: 7:heart:
      5 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5:diamond: 4:heart: K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($6.60) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4

River: ($14.60) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.97, BTN raises to $18 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $28.54
      BTN wins $27.26
      (Rake: $1.28)
      ===============================

SB: $28.43
      Hero (BB): $25.35
      UTG: $28.96
      UTG+1: $29.33
      UTG+2: $25.00
      MP1: $25.00
      MP2: $75.67
      CO: $28.08
      BTN: $50.73

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A:spade: K:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.56, BTN raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, CO calls $1.19

Flop: ($5.35) 3:spade: 8:diamond: 9:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($5.35) 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50, BTN folds

River: ($12.35) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.89, CO calls $5.89

Final Pot: $24.13
      Hero shows A:spade: K:club: (a pair of Kings)
      CO shows 6:heart: 9:heart: (two pair, Nines and Sixes)
      CO wins $23.04
      (Rake: $1.09)

==========================

UTG+2: t5563 M = 41.21
      MP1: t2465 M = 18.26
      MP2: t2860 M = 21.19
      CO: t7057 M = 52.27
      BTN: t3285 M = 24.33
      SB: t2640 M = 19.56
      Hero (BB): t3528 M = 26.13
      UTG: t4737 M = 35.09
      UTG+1: t1755 M = 13

Pre Flop: (t135) Hero is BB with T :club: T :diamond:
      6 folds, BTN raises to t150, 1 fold, Hero raises to t360, BTN raises to t3280 all in, Hero calls t2920

Flop: (t6635) T :heart: 8 :spade: 4 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t6635) J :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t6635) K :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

BEST BAD BEATS OF THE WEEK

====================================

Poker Stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds + t5 - 9 players - View hand 2801500
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+2: t5563 M = 41.21
      MP1: t2465 M = 18.26
      MP2: t2860 M = 21.19
      CO: t7057 M = 52.27
      BTN: t3285 M = 24.33
      SB: t2640 M = 19.56
      Hero (BB): t3528 M = 26.13
      UTG: t4737 M = 35.09
      UTG+1: t1755 M = 13

Pre Flop: (t135) Hero is BB with T :club: T :diamond:
      6 folds, BTN raises to t150, 1 fold, Hero raises to t360, BTN raises to t3280 all in, Hero calls t2920

Flop: (t6635) T :heart: 8 :spade: 4 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t6635) J :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t6635) K :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Over the next week I shall update my blog in full.
      Good luck at the Tables.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He Monkey,

how is your Stoptober going? I guess you deviated a little bit from your weekly plan - cuz I did not see any interesting hands throughout the week and also no update in our BR challenge thread :-(
      Have a look or give us a shout if we should mark you as on holidays: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80

Over the last few weeks I have been unwell and not able to get a solid grind done.

Due to Illness I decided to play tourneys.
      When I first started playing poker I only played tourneys and did well
      for a beginner who thought KTo was a great hand to play!
      I found that I had the knack of being patient and going deep in
      many of the games I played. So It has been nice to take time out
      and play a few bigger games. For S&G (sh1ts and giggles) I decided to play a few satellites and made £215 from $3 which I decided to invest in the Knockout week.
      Well I am very glad I didn't pay for this as I only made one knockout in the who lot and never cashed any event. With the nature of Knockouts players do go a little crazy and the swings are unbelievable! Never mind, I had fun and made the right
      calls. I just wasn't ment to win this time around!

My results this week are as follows

CASH 25NL

TOURNEY

$1.35 Knockout 138th place. USD 4.82
      $1 spin & go 2,6,2,4,2
      $10,50 heads up knockout 178 (1741), $11.31 + $10 bounty
      $3,30 145 (1133) $5.09
      FREEROLL Chrome Star weekly 2046 (20851), $0.50c
      Total $47.72

Fingers crossed for a better week all round and I shall update my blog with some more details over the next few days.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello from another BR challenger! GL to you, will follow! :f_thumbsup:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello SvenBe,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been a bit under the weather lately.
      where are your pictures from? They look like you live in a very idyllic area and don't need any holidays at all - or are these taken during holidays?
      The pictures were taken while I was canoeing around Fowey river. I live in Cornwall and Fowey river is my favorite place to go when I want to get away from any tilt, and hopefully one day when I win big I would love to move there.

If I could get reception I would grind here!

how is your Stoptober going?
      Well I had given up smoking a few months ago. And why, I don't know but I failed last week as I bought a pouch of Bacci (British slang for tobacco)

Not good but I shall be starting my '30 days to make a habit' in November!

I shall also over the next few days catch up and post some interesting hands and proper good mistakes I have made.
      As you can see from my HM graph it's looking like a cardiac nightmare!

My regards

Matt
    • FrozenElf
      FrozenElf
      Silver
      Hey metal monkey,

I enjoyed reading your first post, its a cool blog.

That video you posted cracks me up, its so funny, I used to be like him, I remember watching it over 12 months ago, while searching the web for answers to the question "Is online poker rigged?" I quit for about 6 months after watching that video lol.

My views have changed since then, I no longer think like him. Anyway I hope you achieve your poker goals good luck I will be following your progress.

Peace :f_thumbsup: