Secret Diary of a Limp Girl: $500 -> $2500 in lottery SnGs

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Hi all!

After pocketing most of my summer winnings for life expenses, I'm starting fresh with a $500 deposit in the 3D room where I can satisfy my passion for cosplay without buying expensive real-life kits, leave alone hormonal therapy to play girls :f_biggrin:

If you want me to mimic someone particular, feel free leave your requests in the thread :f_p: As the avatar attire is relaltively cheap (100 PKR points are equivalent to $0.04 as spending them on tourney tickets at this rate seems the best way to convert them into cash, and items normally cost 100-500 points), I can change it very often!

Here are the 3 muses of the thread :f_love: (they're all Spanish-speaking because I'm going to keep a parallel blog about the same in the Spanish community, shall throw the link here when I start it):
      IM/WGM Sabrina Vega Gutiérrez, the Spanish chess champion

Ilonka Obilinović aka ilonqueen, an Argentine Youtube star singing anime themes in Spanish

Patricia Tapia Pacheco, the vocalist of Spanish metal bands Mägo de Oz and Patricia Tapia KHY

I don't think the hourly at PKR is going to be higher than on iPoker or Stars because the 3D graphics make the gameplay slower and the blinds grow steeper in the middlegame than at Stars. I'd rather like to indulge my soul than to earn more money :f_biggrin:

That said, I'll keep the chip EV graph private :f_tongue: , posting only real winnings updates when required.

This thread (which is the 300th one overall in the S&C subforum, that's an anniversary :f_drink: ) is opted into the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' challenge.

Room: PKR*
      Starting Bankroll: $500
      Goal: $2500

* Please ignore Stars play again, for the ease of accounting; iPoker might be added later should I wish bigger traffic.

Go! :sfishg:
  • 119 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      List of cosplayed characters

Disclaimer: to comply with PKR's T&C, the images hardly resemble the characters by whom they were inspired.
      7.4 It is your responsibility to ensure that the 3D image you create through use of the Software does not so resemble any existing fictional character or living individual as to imply any connection with or the endorsement or approval of such living individual or the creators or owners of such fictional character. Further, the character you create must not be defamatory or otherwise be capable of being considered offensive by any individual, group or entity.

7.6 Unless otherwise stated, any resemblance of an avatar featured in the PKR game or on the PKR website to any real person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
      1. Megurine Luka (Vocaloid)

Of course the original mascot doesn't wear any watch, and has one tattoo ('03') instead of three and no ring or bracelet, but I thought they'd fit quite well to the overall 'romantic' image.

The canonical Luka wears a short top, but the choice in PKR's shop was poor - there's one black-and-golden top revealing the tummy as needed, but it's too sportive and has sleeves that close the upper tattoos.

2. Nakano Azusa (K-On!) - I know a few folks here love her :f_tongue:
      Alas the options at PKR's avatar shop are scarcer than I thought. There are no cat ears, just devilish red ones in the costume section that require a specific short haircut (won't get installed on any other cut). Speaking of cuts, there are no long pigtails :f_frown: , just short ones with an asymmetrical fringe that I didn't find appropriate. And of course there are no ties available for females (how sexist that is!), and necklaces also won't install on a jacket + blouse combo.

So I was forced to keep it simple :f_frown:

3. vonki (PS-gy's video producer)

4. My Sep 11 outfit

Female PS members can also request (inaccurate) depiction of themselves; I'm not going to do this without their permission. I normally won't play males under any circumstances.

To prevent confusion:

1. In the Japanese tradition, the given name comes after the family one.

2. Vocaloid is not manga or anime. It's voice synthesising software, but its voicebanks have mascots (depicted in box art) and there's also third-party software Miku Miku Dance that allows to make videos of Vocaloid mascots dancing to their songs written in Vocaloid and mixed in Cubase, that are then normally uploaded to nicovideo.jp and/or Youtube. I don't own any Vocaloids yet (they cost a few dozen bucks each).

Important notice regarding deposits owed rakeback

Rakeback is paid monthly at PKR, but I'm going to add the pending (but unpaid) RB amount for the current month (as it's accumulated) to the bankroll, basing on the percentage that I'm eligible for in the month as of the moment of the update. The justification is that the amount payable is fixed and guaranteed (unlike, say, race prizes) and I do have a credit card anyway and would be able to take a credit temporarily and repay it with no interest once the RB is in. It's just that PKR's management is too lazy to set up an instant point exchange system :f_rolleyes:

The same logic applies to deposits made to solely enable participation in promotions - they do not count because they are deemed temporary. Reaching -$500 net won with rakeback + bonuses + promos at any point will result in the loss of the challenge, while reaching +$2000 net won with rakeback + bonuses + promos at any point will win the challenge.

The pending RB for 03-11.09 ($6, lol) was added to the graph on 11.09; afterwards, the increment of the RB will be added to the results daily.

Very important notice on my PKR screen name

My poker alias is going to be very obvious to anyone who plays or observes the games :f_frown: (of course, I'll be gladder if you just observe :f_tongue: ), but please still refrain from mentioning it publicly, for security reasons. Thanks.
    • murzius
      murzius
      Bronze
      gl gl go on it ;)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Ty :f_smile: and gl to you in your games!

I've updated post #2 with the likely final look of Luka. I think my effort at dolling up has already started paying off.

Guys, guys, I'm being hit on already! :f_love:

A tipsy maniac sent me a few flirty gestures and even asked if I like BBC (judging by the headphones and the Southern British accent, apparently). And the best thing of all, he kept registering into new tourneys :f_cool: , though he started playing tighter towards the end.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      It's hard to extract maximum value while being sleepy and 4-tabling on this piece of soft when a $1200 tourney hits and I notice the multiplier only halfway into it because it's written by small symbols in the upper left corner instead of the usual (for other rooms) big numbers on the carpet :f_ugly:

The most obvious spews included 1) openfolding Q4o to a recreational (who had just shipped $2500) BvB 6.4 bb deep :facepalm: ; 2) openfolding 95s to a likely nit HU 7.3 bb deep :facepalm: There might have been postflop spews too. All in all, I think I lost at least $8-10 of EV in comparison with optimal play.

So at the end of the playing day, instead of >$1500, the account balance is standing at

the number of the beast, and the screenshot depicting it was the 13th among those of my PKR client :f_eek:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      Ty :f_smile: and gl to you in your games!

I've updated post #2 with the likely final look of Luka. I think my effort at dolling up has already started paying off.

Guys, guys, I'm being hit on already! :f_love:

A tipsy maniac sent me a few flirty gestures and even asked if I like BBC (judging by the headphones and the Southern British accent, apparently). And the best thing of all, he kept registering into new tourneys :f_cool: , though he started playing tighter towards the end.
      lol this is some good stuff :D gl sir will follow
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      cool blog ill follow! :f_thumbsup:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      like the avatar, and also interesting your playing to reward your soul partially instead of pure hourly which you might get on stars. I also prefer playing in pkr for fun / enjoyment, but pulled myself away for better hourly... your tempting me to go back lol.

hope you have a great sunday of it! :f_drink:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Thanks, may you all enjoy the Sunday too :f_drink:

I'm afraid my hourly would be a bit lower at Stars 15s-30s (especially if accounting for variance) because I'm so owned there :f_frown: That said, after playing around with PKR's client for 3 days, I have to admit that iPoker is still my favourite, has the best balance between the skill level of the opposition and the ease of multitabling. (Or maybe I should just use the 2D table mode only; my stunning girl will turn into a mere photo then, though :f_cry: )

I won't be considering moving up until my net worth reachs $30K-40K, and even then I'll prefer Winamax €25s if I finally learn to grind a lot - they're more hospitable to high volume players than Stars :f_rolleyes: The downside is that 1.67% of the buy-in goes towards the 10000x multiplier there - €200K would be too big a prize for my needs (I mean, I'd prefer €50K with a 2.5-4 times higher frequency, but fishes' demands are holy, they need a huge prize up top). But so would be $180K at Stars 60s, for example.
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      lol this is some good stuff :D gl sir will follow
      Thanks, sir, I owe you one :f_wink:
      Originally posted by vonki
      cool blog ill follow! :f_thumbsup:
      Thanks! I'd actually like to get your advice on how to flirt with fishy guys as a 'girl' so that they're eager to play more - what and how often to emote, what drinks to buy at the tables, etc. LemOn36 might also need this advice for his tomorrow's jackpot coaching, as his avatar is known to be a blonde princess dressed in white with a golden tiara :f_grin:

I've stumbled across an article stating that guys who act as girls in MMORPGs tend to be overly emotional and flashy - well, that's definitely true :f_ugly:

Another research has confirmed the 'Pygmalion conjecture' about the likelihood of getting very attached emotionally to an avatar created on one's own, that's also definitely true for me :f_eek:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Well, I think I did everything in my power... I've updated the image gallery (post #2 itt).

If anyone wants a hand replay depicting their character, I may try to create a gif or send a video privately.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah definitely mentioning this blog tomorrow :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Oh hi Lemon :f_cool:

I was dreaming of sneaking secretly onto your tables (i.e. just registering into all or most of the games of the $0.30 stake - there aren't too many) while you're playing the jackpots and soul-owning you on stream, but then I thought it would destroy the authenticity of the coaching ($12 regs usually don't appear in $0.30s, do they?), and besides, I guess you've already recorded the session, and I wasn't able to catch you online then. So I think I'll just play the role of a spectator there, gl with the coaching!

Meanwhile, I can't refrain from a question:

Veronika, may I (or Lemon) portray you by means of a PKR avatar? :f_biggrin: (Or do you have your own already?)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      Well, I think I did everything in my power... I've updated the image gallery (post #2 itt).

If anyone wants a hand replay depicting their character, I may try to create a gif or send a video privately.
      lol honestly it didn't turn out too good :tongue: though of course you did realize that
      good try with what you had :D
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Yeah, I think the shop is too primitive and focused on European 'standard' appearance types... the main objection that I have is that they don't have more exotic hair colours than red, i.e. there's neither blue nor turquoise :f_cry:

And anyway, I think I shouldn't change the appearance (the one that I wear in my normal games) too dramatically, it would be too shocking to the regfish.

The highest volume reg of the $12s, an Ukrainian, is also a girl, but her appearance is not very attractive; I guess it's a portrait of the girlfriend of that player (or even that grinder herself - I don't know their gender). Or maybe that's because I'm just not attracted to girls wearing a pink beanie hat and also putting dark sunglasses on :f_tongue: But right now she's playing $50-100 HUSnGs for some reason, maybe she's realised that her hourly at the JPs is lower.

Update: she's just taken the hat off and revealed her short black dreadlocks, hmm, interesting.

There's another Ukrainian 2-3-tabling reg who plays a cute brunette with braids :f_love:

The other $12 JP regs have male avatars, if I remember right. (But the two mentioned occupy 20-30% of all seats, I think, so the 'female' presence at the tables is very high.) Most recreationals seem to play males as well.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      GRoDT report

90 tournaments
      +$154
      $654
      1 week

I guess I've played over 100 play money (300-chip) jackpots, that's how long it has taken to bring the software setup to rights; going into the new week, I'm finally quite satisfied with it and can grind properly. Iirc, I requested only two refills, so the play money 'BR' growth was more dramatic, from 2600 or so to the current 5200 play chips.

Current outfit (the one that hit $120), slightly flashier :f_love:

The short Sunday session was disastrous in terms of focus, but the final heater (AIPF BvB at 15/30) that led to a $72 win saved the day :f_drink:
      The last but not the least, I have to apologise for the ironic spirit of this thread to those who're not just transvestite but are genuinely transgender like one of the leaders of the Russian BR challenge, Black Member LamiaTS, who has been my biggest inspiration :f_love: Life often treats them terribly - they feel trapped in their own body, relatives and the rest of the environment often fail to understand them, and still they find strength to fight for their true fate and deserve a lot of respect. PKR can serve as a slight relief to them too, as it allows them to see their ideal self playing their favourite game.

Moi, I'm close to 'cis-genderless' - don't like to have features of only one (either) of the 'standard' genders, but I don't feel severe dysphoria, i.e. I'm fairly indifferent to the real composition of my body, though it's a bit uncomfortable when I sleep on my side, which I need to do to alleviate sleep apnea.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Veronika, may I (or Lemon) portray you by means of a PKR avatar? :f_biggrin: (Or do you have your own already?)
      Hehe sure. :f_biggrin: No I must say I don't, I once played on PKR but that must have been many years ago by now :f_p:

When it comes to flirting with fishes I wouldn't really know tbh. It's not something I've done much of. As late as yesterday I got severly flamed by a fish for making a river call with 34 (freeplay) on a TT36T board as he held Q5o or something and it had been checked down multiway. Aparantly, women should be banned from poker and I was a... well you know, the W word. So was my mother. Maybe buying him a drink would have helped, perhaps i should also move over to PKR. :f_biggrin:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      9/10 blog title. Would have preferred "Secret Diary of a Check-Call Girl" to make the reference more obvious but brevity, wit, etc.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      When I put the title into Google, it shows 9 results with 'call' instead of 'limp' on the first page, so it's all right. I replaced the word in such a way that it would make some real-life sense ('limp' being understood as 'weak-willed' or even 'drunk'). Besides, the main forum page shows only so many symbols out of the title (replacing the rest with dots), and I wanted at least the first phrase to be shown fully there.
      Originally posted by vonki
      Hehe sure. :f_biggrin: No I must say I don't, I once played on PKR but that must have been many years ago by now :f_p:
      Meh, PKR is too inflexible to impersonate anyone properly :f_rolleyes:

I've updated post #2 with my poor attempt :f_eek:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Important notice regarding MTTs

As the fields are very small in PKR MTTs, I'm tempted to incorporate them to 'tie myself to the chair' to grind longer sessions :f_biggrin:

The maximum buy-ins of MTTs that will be included into the challenge stats are as follows:

$12 freezeouts
      $6 - 1 rebuy or 1 add-on
      $3.50 - 2 rebuys / R+A

I reserve the right to play higher buy-in MTTs, but neither losses nor winnings in them are going to be included into the stats.

Vamos! :sfishg:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The RNG is totally crazy :yaoming:

The second 100x within 100 games. Ordering champagne to the entire table didn't help (edit: because, as the replay showed, I messed it up and ordered it only for the eventual winner, forgot to click the confirmation button when placing orders for myself and the third player).

I must have been a ton below chip EV there, shall check it in HM2 post-sesh. God gave, God took, lmao.