Quiz of the Week: FL - River Play

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Tuesday is also known as Quizday, so here we are with another quiz. This time, all our silver ranked members are supposed to get a part of the action, and the topic is River Play.

Do you know how to adjust yourself on the river according to your opponents, the pot, your position and other such factors? Do you know when to increase the pot or when to simply step away and prevent future losses? If so, then go ahead and take this silver rank quiz:

[b]
  • 13 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      25/26 :) I liked bet/3-bet more in hand 3.

Also in hand 10 the suit is missing.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total of 22 out of 26 possible points. This corresponds to 85 %!
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      23/26. I answered check/call at hand 3. I don't understand why check-raise or bet/3bet are better options than check/call.
      "he will bet everything that he would call a bet with, but he will also bet some hands that he would fold, so we sometimes win an additional bet." Yes, this is true. But after we check-raise I think he will fold his busted draws and his pairs and he will only call with better hands. A check-raise on the river looks very strong. It is almost never a bluff. And he isn't a loose player, he plays 24/16.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      He's probably not folding pairs though, folding on the river is hard for a lot of people :P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total of 26 out of 26 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!

;)

Question 10 needs to be corrected but by the answer it can only be the :club: .

@Yoghi: ...., especially if you show weakness. :D
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      21/26, I liked the quiz but a couple of questions are meh imo.

Question 2:

We beat QT+KK from his range, nothing else plays it this way, there are a mountain of aces in his range and every hand except those 2 beats us now. If he raises A8o+, A3s+ (possibly raises more) then our equity is 27%. I couldn't bring myself to c/f but betting here is like making money into paper aeroplanes, lighting them on fire then sending them on the way to this semi-fish (i know, I stole this :P ).

Apart from this these quizzes are great to test our post flop skills, keep it up!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i got the same as terror. not bad for a nl nub :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Gratz, this time you're the first NL player who comes in here bragging about their scores.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      21/26, I liked the quiz but a couple of questions are meh imo.

Question 2:

We beat QT+KK from his range, nothing else plays it this way, there are a mountain of aces in his range and every hand except those 2 beats us now. If he raises A8o+, A3s+ (possibly raises more) then our equity is 27%. I couldn't bring myself to c/f but betting here is like making money into paper aeroplanes, lighting them on fire then sending them on the way to this semi-fish (i know, I stole this :P ).

Apart from this these quizzes are great to test our post flop skills, keep it up!
      All plays are isolated -EV. But bet/fold is less -EV as bet/call or check/call.
      He can call more hands that we beat than that he may bluff with.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Again the analysis of the question says he will call with hands "like" KK or QT, these are the only hands that play this way until the river.

What does he beat if he calls the river with either of those hands? A pure 3 street bluff and nothing else, flush draw arrives on the turn he loses to A/J, why would he even call a bet on the river? Imo we are never ahead here, I just couldn't bring myself to bet.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      KQ?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Again the analysis of the question says he will call with hands "like" KK or QT, these are the only hands that play this way until the river.

What does he beat if he calls the river with either of those hands? A pure 3 street bluff and nothing else, flush draw arrives on the turn he loses to A/J, why would he even call a bet on the river? Imo we are never ahead here, I just couldn't bring myself to bet.
      In my opinion there are a lot more which he plays this way to te river. I think that these are the hands he might call with but wouldn't bet. So these 2-3 hands are enough to bet instead of check.

You don't want to check/fold here?!
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I know c/f with 2nd nuts is stupid but if he calls with KQ/QT on the river, he beats air. If he calls with KK he beats air.

Am I the only one here who can't see a valid call from anything? If the villain was really bad or especially showdown bound, then maybe he'll call.

Maybe I'm giving the villain too much respect but he can't beat anything but pure air.