Weekly Vote: Your Studying/Playing Ratio?

• Poll
    • What is your studying/playing ratio?

I study less and play more
        82%
        I study more and play less
        10%
        Studying 1:1 Playing
        9%
      Total: 146 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      We all manage to create our own poker schedule and divide it into two major parts: studying, which means reading articles, watching videos or joining coaching sessions and playing, which is where we put what we learned into practice.

However, each of us tends to focus on a particular aspect. Some of you might focus on the theoretical aspect, so that you will not be taken by surprise when you are at the tables. Others might think practice makes perfect, so they invest more of their poker time into the actual playing. Of course, there are also players who try to divide these two main poker parts into two equal shares.

This is why we want to ask you this week: how do you manage your poker time? Are you more of a student, a player or you simply managed to go 50-50?

Let the voting begin!
  • 16 replies
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      99% player, 1% student :)

The most u learn on your own mistakes :D
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Currently I play around 80% and study 20%, but Im compensating for the month that I only studied.
      I think an 1:1 is kinda big ratio, especially if you are grinding.But 1 hour studying for every four playing is kinda a must.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndySk
      99% player, 1% student :)
      Unfortunatelly it's the same with me. In february I'm gonna change that - my goal is at least 70-30. We'll see how is gonna work out :D

Originally posted by AndySkThe most u learn on your own mistakes :D
      Don't agree. You can learn from others mistakes and it helps u thinking about situations you weren't thinking about. On videos and coaching you can see many interesting plays and comments by coaches definitely help us improve our game.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I definetly dont study enough, IE reading/watching vids/coachings. But this is because I have some concentration issues. I can read, but I have problem remembering what I have read.

So if you read my blog (link in my sig) you will see that I take it very slowly on the study part. (Read my blog!:] )
    • Mudrinjo
      Mudrinjo
      Bronze
      Is that costing U money? (I recognized myself! :) )
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      My studying:playing ratio is 0:0 this month :( Unfortunately I don't have time to play much X(
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mudrinjo
      Is that costing U money? (I recognized myself! :) )
      Who me?

No I'm on fire these days. :]
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      It's about 2 to 1 for me.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I used to study a lot but I just play from time to time now. I do like to post tough hands though...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      90% study 10% play. I just can't motivate myself to play a lot. I hope to change that soon. :)
    • thegrifter22
      thegrifter22
      Bronze
      i play as much as possible as I find it's easier to learn right from wrong in that situation. Whenever I make a blunder or can't figure out what I've done wrong in a hand, I refer back to the guides.
      Most of the time I know what I've done wrong
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      I spend around 4-5 hrs a week study, the strategy guides, and going over my hands, the rest is play, i play around 20-30hrs week playing.
      Intend to do a little more studying the strategies as i would like to play more tourny's and have read very little of the NL or tournament strategies as i usually only play FL.
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      I read 15min. one part of article what I focused this week for, than play 1-3hour (how much time I have this day), then I post hands from this session.

I watch 1-2 videos/week but more times and not whole but part, then next part, when I eat mostly, make some notes from that.

During day I read shortly posted hands from last session.

This work well for me because my schedule right now ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think very important is consistency, set up your own rule for education/play and more important stick with it long time - make some changes for better fit for you.

Thanks PokerStrategy :-)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I play less than 2 hours and study almost all the time ... it's going to change, after I get metal gear solid 4 it will be 0 and 0 for a while

goodbye gold status :D
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I play less than 2 hours and study almost all the time ... it's going to change, after I get metal gear solid 4 it will be 0 and 0 for a while

goodbye gold status :D
      you will be back after you see metal gear solid 4 don't worry ;)
      it's such a bad game imo, it's no longer the good old concept we all knew and loved :/
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      it's such a bad game imo, it's no longer the good old concept we all knew and loved :/

expectation going down :( . It still hasn't arrived so I'm still here :)