AA vs. junk

• KaniSama
      KaniSama
      Bronze
      How do I play Aces against junk on the flop?

Let's say I got aces in SB, I raise and someone in LP calls me.

The flop comes 8 2 3 broadway, I c-bet and the caller reraises me.

What am I supposed to do? Reraise, call, fold?

And what about if he's a midstack, like he got only 35BB left?

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • pumpkinx
      pumpkinx
      Bronze
      he could call preflop with all small to medium pocket pair and suited connectors.

Or he just might not belive u have hit anything on the flop.

54, 87, 98, 22-TT is my guess he would continue with, maybe even raise if he dont belive u.

if his range is something like this u are a big favorit to win.
    • KaniSama
      KaniSama
      Bronze
      Ok! I see that but what do I do?

Reraise and fold if he goes all-in or call and see if he bets big on turn?
    • jp2570
      jp2570
      Bronze
      To be fair I would play it entirely on the reads you have on him. Its hard to give an exact answer with out a bit more information but it seems to me that calling the raise pre-flop and then re-raising post flop looks as if he is trying to be aggressive and take down the pot with an over pair. I would possibly take 2 options:

1)It is a nothing flop and he is keen to get his chips in and you are more than likely to have the best hand so you could shove all-in.

2)Or, a more risky option if you know how he plays and have a good read, is to possibly call the re-raise to let him bet into you on the turn and river.

Do you agree?
      What was the outcome?

jp2570
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If he's very tight and cautious you might be beat but in the vast majority of cases someone with a small stack is pretty bad and I would call his flop raise and lead turn/shove. It depends on limit too though.

You cant play scared against a shortstack thinking he has a set all the time because his chance of hitting it is very low. Against a small stack its very easy to get it in on the turn.

If you see him calling pf with trash, you can raise a bit more pf.
    • KaniSama
      KaniSama
      Bronze
      At the moment I'm losing money in these situations, but it could be due to a downswing.

But I don't think that I could put away Aces against a small stack in this situation, should I?

Recently I'm often faced with a set or two pair in this particular spot.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Depends on Villain. Against a mid stack I am getting it in however. I do call the raise and c/shove the turn. Against a tag it really depends. I suggest tp post hands with those situations. It's always easier to see the exact situation.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar