Top Guns of No-Limit

• confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach

:diamond: WHEN: Mondays 19:00-21:30 CET
      :diamond: WHERE: Our Twitch Channel
      :diamond: WHAT: The basics were laid down and now only the top people who were paying attention can get to the more advanced class!
      :diamond: THIS SERIES IS FOR YOU IF:

You went through our No-Limit Beginner´s course and you are ready to complete your preflop game plan and imporve postflop skills.

SCHEDULE
      WEEK1 - Calling IP - Video
      WEEK2 - Defend your BB preflop - Video
      WEEK3 - Stealing madness - Video
      WEEK4 - 3betting strategy, defend your SB with linear range - Video
      WEEK5 - Tune up your HUD - Video
  • 28 replies
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      :f_drink:
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Silver
      Brilliant. I am really looking forward to this (still digesting and catching up on the beginner's course, but hopefully will be starting this soon).
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      keep posting hands and questions, i will cover them during a week or at the beginning of next one! :f_drink:
    • Angliruu
      Angliruu
      Basic
      Looking forward to this! Cheers
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Angliruu,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

While you're waiting, you should take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • Post removed

• Angliruu
      Angliruu
      Basic
      Hello Laz,

Thanks for the welcome.

I just created a post there now!
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Silver
      Hey Confi (and everyone else),

I am still catching up on the beginner course coachings (nearly there), but have a question about one of your hands from coaching 7 - hope it is okay to post here. I guess it will be useful for others here too.

I wanted to ask about the :Kh: :Qh: hand you had, where you checked behind on the flop.

You raised UTG and then the BB squeezed which you called again.
      Flop came :7c: :2c: :Ks: and the BB checked. Why did you then check behind? Did you not want to protect your hand against flush draws (I guess that is the only draw on at the moment).

Cheers - keep up the good work.
    • la55i
      la55i
      For anyone who is looking for the hand mentioned above, you can find it around 38:30 in the video.

Villain should 3bet UTG open with a tight range. He shouldn't have that many flush draws so we don't need to worry about that too much. We also call his 3bet with a tight range, probably heavy on pocket pairs. We probably can't bet 3 streets here and if we do bet the flop we don't have enough bluffs in our range to balance it. By checking we also keep villains range as wide as possible.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by la55i
      For anyone who is looking for the hand mentioned above, you can find it around 38:30 in the video.

Villain should 3bet UTG open with a tight range. He shouldn't have that many flush draws so we don't need to worry about that too much. We also call his 3bet with a tight range, probably heavy on pocket pairs. We probably can't bet 3 streets here and if we do bet the flop we don't have enough bluffs in our range to balance it. By checking we also keep villains range as wide as possible.
      why call the 3bet if you're not happy to bet for value in that spot?
    • la55i
      la55i
      In my opinion, what we should do here depends a lot on ranges we put hero and villain on.

I open 14% UTG and KQs is not in my defending range vs a 3bet. If we assume villain 3bets hero with tight polarized range, hero would have a range advantage here. Hero also couldn't balance his betting range with the defending range he has. I believe there is more value in checking behind and letting villain bet his QQ or air twice. I just don't see any very strong reasons to start betting here. And I don't think defending this pre necessarily means we have to bet the flop on this board.
      I tried to analyse this situation better and with my ranges a GTO solver would also check the whole range. I put this in Snowie and it would check.

Although this situation might be totally different if I opened and defended a bigger range and if villain uses a merged range instead of polarized. But then again we don't need much protection and we probably can't barrel 3 streets so I might just prefer to check our TPGK here and let villain barrel weaker hands or start betting OTT myself.

Quite an interesting spot. Why do you think betting would be better?
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Originally posted by la55i

why call the 3bet if you're not happy to bet for value in that spot?
      It was a 7bb 3bet, you're never folding KQs there even if you don't think you're ever getting 3 streets with TP UTGvBB I'm sure you'd agree
    • la55i
      la55i
      You are right, against 7bb open I wouldn't fold KQs.
      But what about the flop, do you check or bet?
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah I'd check unless he's a rec
      But doubt that's a big deal here, small bet should work just as well
      Betting 2/3+ is probably your worst option on paper but it's not like it's the end of the world, and I suppose it's the simplest and follows the basic strategy we put out there as long as you can find a fold if he starts going crazy
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      almost forgot to upload the presentation from lesson 1: so here u go
    • blicax
      blicax
      Bronze
      Should i fold in River?

PokerStars - €0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 86.9 BB (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.04, PFR: 11.80, 3Bet Preflop: 7.45, Hands: 2,460)
      UTG: 170.8 BB (VPIP: 25.22, PFR: 15.72, 3Bet Preflop: 5.04, Hands: 687)
      MP: 68.5 BB (VPIP: 16.55, PFR: 11.46, 3Bet Preflop: 4.04, Hands: 298)
      CO: 214.2 BB (VPIP: 21.67, PFR: 10.27, 3Bet Preflop: 1.79, Hands: 267)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, SB calls 8.5 BB, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (28 BB, 3 players) T:club: 4:diamond: J:spade:
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 17.6 BB, SB calls 17.6 BB, MP calls 17.6 BB

Turn: (80.8 BB, 3 players) 9:spade:
      SB bets 60.3 BB and is all-in, MP calls 41.9 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 60.3 BB

River: (243.3 BB, 3 players) 7:diamond:

SB shows J:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks)

Main Pot [206.5 BB]: (Pre 18%, Flop 75%, Turn 21%)
      Side Pot#1 [36.8 BB]: (Pre 20%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces)

Main Pot [206.5 BB]: (Pre 68%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Side Pot#1 [36.8 BB]: (Pre 80%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)

MP shows Q:spade: K:spade: (Straight, King High)

Main Pot [206.5 BB]: (Pre 13%, Flop 23%, Turn 79%)

SB wins 34.9 BB
      MP wins 196.2 BB
    • la55i
      la55i
      I think yes.
      If we give both villains this range: KK-99,KQs,JTs,T9s,98s,KsTs,QsTs (and I think that is quite optimistic), you have only 20% equity, and you need about 25%.
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      bb defense presentation: link

Tomorrow we are gonna learn how to steal like crazy, so stay tuned! :f_cool:
    • blicax
      blicax
      Bronze
      hi confidant, can u tell me the color range baby blue, ping and purple are calling range?