Ovckin Blog ( FL HU 5/10)

• tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Hy so i am finally starting my blog, that i hope will be updated moderate amount of time.
      My name is Tomaz and i come from Skofja Loka, Slovenia. I am nearly 25 years old and i am about to finish studies of Mechanical engineering at University of Ljubljana.
      In the spare time i like to mountainbike, snowboard, hang out with my long time girlfriend :heart: and play poker afcourse.

I began to play poker in sommer of 2007, blew my first 2 deposits worth about 80$, and got left with 2.8$, deciding not to put a dollar more in poker - planning to quit if i bust it. So from there i learned some basic FL FR strategy, which was very fishy (weak tight preflop and postflop), but at least made me learn to select my starting hands. Anyway it was enaugh to make me win on limits from 0.02/0.04 to 0.1/0.2. So my 2.8$ bankroll progressed. In the meantime i allso registered at PokerStrategy, but that was it, didnt pay any further attention other then registering. So in november 2007 i got burned for the first time trying to play at 0.25/0.50, after that is was back to 0.1/0.2 till end of march 2008, playing about 10k hands a month.
      In the end of march 2008 i returned to look on this site, made the quiz and first deposit to PokerStars. Started playing sucessfully 0.25/0.5 FR, and after that i switched to SH 0.5/1 directly. It was another succes. But i was still playing extremely weak, which have been revealed on my first attempt on SH 1/2 in July 2008, loosing 350BB, making me return to previous limit and work on my game. The second time (Sept 2008) i succeded, and September and October were my first months with +1000$ winnings. I was stoked, my initial dream in poker of becoming a successfull player at 1/2 limit had become true.
      However, greedy beings as we are, it wasnt enaugh for me. Tryed FL SH 2/4 in november and afcourse...got burned, finishing the month pretty much B/E. In december i havent played much, but i was back on 2/4 in the january and february 2009, making some profits. Allso tried my first few HU matches in February (about 4k hands). In march i played limits from 1/2 to 3/6 FR and SH, getting nice results due to moderately good table selection (i think).

So my lifetime poker related winnings reached the $10k mark in the end of march.

So here comes April, my first month of trying a serious start in FL HU game.
      I started with FL HU 2/4 and 3/6, trying 5/10 from time to time.
      It started great, followed by a long stretch of annoying coolers and suckouts, then got better again... my lifetime HU graph on FullTilt:

There are allso 140$ more from short session 150 hands at 5/10 on Titan.

So as i got greedy enaugh to start playing FL HU 5/10, PokerStars taught me how to be humble again yesterday. I found a bad player who was totally SD bound, played weak preflop and very aggresive postflop (maybe because he hit nearly every hand :) ). He was allso -5BB/100 looser over long term according to tableratings, but luck just wasnt on my side for 1k hands in a row, making me loose well over $1k. I nearly missed every draw, total cold dry deck. Yesterday i found out i am not mentaly prepaired for this limit in sense of amount of money yet. Here's the graph:

So i decided to leave 5/10 for a while to get used to amounts on 3/6 first and when i get really bored i will move up again.

Today was quite an average for this month in HU (2/4 and 3/6):

And i allso decided to end HU there for the month and clear the 650$ bonus on PokerStars till the end of the month playing FR nad SH 1/2 and 2/4, which should allso gain back some confidence, lost yesteday, and it did :) , and i think i improved my game a bit playing HU, i managed to pick up a few extra pots today i think. Here are the results from todays SH and FR bonus whoring:

And now my plans for the future:
      - Trying to earn $40+/hour playing HU (without RB)
      - Become better mannered when facing bad beats (yes i am terribe :D )
      - Trying to make 15k hands/month playing HU

Long term goals:
      - Establish myself as winning player on FL HU 5/10 - 10/20

And my BR:
      a bit over $7600
  • 97 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      awesum, a new FL blog, with HUHU content!

good luck mate
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Everything ok but i dont like title :D Beeee ;)

Good luck ;)
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I see hu is getting more and more popular :D Keep posting the results...and reveal some secrets of your success ;)

GL tomaz!
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I see hu is getting more and more popular :D Keep posting the results...and reveal some secrets of your success ;)

GL tomaz!
      Like i mentioned, no more HU till the end of this month, have to clear the bonus...so no new HU results till then...
      And my secrets: to tell you the truth, i am not very confident in my HU game yet, but i know when i play against worse opponent.

As far as concerns learning the game: i haven't read a single book about poker, and allso not read half of the golden FL articles and none of platinum ones, i am lasy about that. But i migth have a feeling for implementing theory into practice, becuse every time i have forced myself to study some article, better results showed up.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey tomzyb!

FL blogs FTW!!!

Looking forward to watching you hit your goals!

BTW, CoreySteel lol'ed at your stars nickname... what is the English translation?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      BTW, CoreySteel lol'ed at your stars nickname... what is the English translation?
      ovcka = sheep

bee = sound that a sheep makes :P .

good luck with your blog, i'll keep track of it :) . it's nice to see another slovenian player play FL :) . (i rarely know any slovenians who don't play FL ).
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      ovcka = sheep

exactly :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      ovcka = sheep

good luck with your blog, i'll keep track of it :) . it's nice to see another slovenian player play FL :) . (i rarely know any slovenians who don't play FL ).
      Wait! Isn't CoreySteel's nick on stars LukaSteel?

And tomzyb, are you that OvckaBee guy on Stars? I talked to you once then and you said you arn't from Pokerstrategy?!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      ovcka = sheep

exactly :)
      [x] lol worthy

Funny, in New Zealand they go baaa... baaa... I'm sorry, I'm talking dirty... :P
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      baaa is just a nasty New Zealand accent :)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      ovcka = sheep

And tomzyb, are you that OvckaBee guy on Stars? I talked to you once then and you said you arn't from Pokerstrategy?!
      Arent you the Dippy, who hasn't updated his blog for month? :P
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      ^^

Actually it's more like 5 months :P And actually I stopped updating it since it was mostly me whinning how bad I'm running^^

But just recently I thought about re-opening it, but I'm kind of emberesed at how bad I've been running for the last month :P

And why can't you just admit you're OvckaBee? :evil:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Am... Yes it is... But no one was talking about my nick... :D

BTW, Dippy... Look at his graph. He doesn't need to "admit" he is OvckaBee :rolleyes:

[x] lol worthy
      Believe me, it's way funnier in Slovene than in English translation :)
      Ovcka is like Sheepy not Sheep :)

edit: Oh yeah... Good luck at the tables.
      Silly me... Just spamming :P
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Am... Yes it is... But no one was talking about my nick... :D
      Really should get a pair of reading glasses :D

Originally posted by CoreySteel
      BTW, Dippy... Look at his graph. He doesn't need to "admit" he is OvckaBee :rolleyes:
      The joke is a nice one, but I needed a while to get it :P But in reality I always thought he was really good or at least better than me...

EDIT: I looked at the wrong graph and am now really really confused ?(
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      So here comes first update: 23. 4. 2009

Had a nice little heater bonus whoring at PokerStars:

Allmost half way there (o bit over 2k VPPs of 4550 needed).

And allso donated few buck to Dippy, 3-bet bluffing turn, but i knew he would fold right away if he didnt hit his K :P . So i allso made something good for the comunity in a way :)

PS: the few HU hands are there because tilted fish asked me to go play HU with him and i was happy to do it, but unfortunately he changed his mind quickly :( .
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomzyb

And allso donated few buck to Dippy, 3-bet bluffing turn, but i knew he would fold right away if he didnt hit his K :P . So i allso made something good for the comunity in a way :)
      Ekk, wrong! I wouldn't fold any pair there(maybe bottom pair) since I was pretty sure you ware just playing at me ;)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Well i know, but you didnt have a pair till the turn ;)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      But you couldn't have known that ;)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      two thirds of the time on average, so i think enaugh to justify...i think :P