This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ako Sh

• AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      HI,
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.70
      SB:
      $4.00
      BB:
      $5.22
      MP3:
      $6.63
      CO(Hero):
      $5.45

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.39.

Flop: ($1.12) 5, 8, K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.42) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.85, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.42.

Are you always get in pf when unknow 4bets from blinds?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He 3bets. And yes I always go all in vs unknown with AK when he 3bets from blinds.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't like calling AK Pre ever :) You hit 33% of the flops and the FE you generate by pre flop raise and the little extra you get on the flop is what makes it a strong hand.

But many people would and will disagree with me. Its like Keynesianism vs Monetarists :D

P.S. I don't know how it is on this site but on Pokerstars with like 30% of villains 3bet this big means AA KK+ these kids don't know what blind defence is. Just be careful you don't run into one of them, there is no shame in folding AK pre.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If opponent is unknown AK is always a 3-bet/go broke preflop hand. If however you know your opponent is a good solid tight player you can think of calling. I think TribunCaesar/hasenbraten explained this in one of his videos.

The whole point of 3-bet preflop is to either get called by worse or fold better hands. Of course with AK the later is not really an option so if you are playing a good tight player and you 3bet him you wont get any more value from the hand , either taking down his small raise preflop or getting it in while being dominated. That`s a spot you could just call and take a cheap flop if you are in position.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      If opponent is unknown AK is always a 3-bet/go broke preflop hand. If however you know your opponent is a good solid tight player you can think of calling. I think TribunCaesar/hasenbraten explained this in one of his videos.

The whole point of 3-bet preflop is to either get called by worse or fold better hands. Of course with AK the later is not really an option so if you are playing a good tight player and you 3bet him you wont get any more value from the hand , either taking down his small raise preflop or getting it in while being dominated. That`s a spot you could just call and take a cheap flop if you are in position.
      Well the thing is that 22-AA have better equity than AK, by a big margin on the flop and by 3betting you make them fold (22-JJ, depending on the villain), and when you do hit these same hands will rarely pay you off as its so obvious when you hit (+I find it hard to rep an over pair when I cold called pre)

But I know it is not this clear and and many people like call with AK in position. Those are the people who make hero calls when the under cards come 66% of the time and they somehow know they are not beat when facing a c-bet (which comes like every time).
      Another reason why you would call that I see is deception if you call AK once while always 3betting it before and a thinking villain is aware of it.

You are probably good enough to do this but I know I am not :)