$4.00
      BB:
      $5.22
      MP3:
      $6.63
      CO(Hero):
      $5.45

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.39.

Flop: ($1.12) 5, 8, K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.42) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.85, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.42.

Are you always get in pf when unknow 4bets from blinds?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      He 3bets. And yes I always go all in vs unknown with AK when he 3bets from blinds.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't like calling AK Pre ever :) You hit 33% of the flops and the FE you generate by pre flop raise and the little extra you get on the flop is what makes it a strong hand.

But many people would and will disagree with me. Its like Keynesianism vs Monetarists :D

P.S. I don't know how it is on this site but on Pokerstars with like 30% of villains 3bet this big means AA KK+ these kids don't know what blind defence is. Just be careful you don't run into one of them, there is no shame in folding AK pre.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If opponent is unknown AK is always a 3-bet/go broke preflop hand. If however you know your opponent is a good solid tight player you can think of calling. I think TribunCaesar/hasenbraten explained this in one of his videos.

The whole point of 3-bet preflop is to either get called by worse or fold better hands. Of course with AK the later is not really an option so if you are playing a good tight player and you 3bet him you wont get any more value from the hand , either taking down his small raise preflop or getting it in while being dominated. That`s a spot you could just call and take a cheap flop if you are in position.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      If opponent is unknown AK is always a 3-bet/go broke preflop hand. If however you know your opponent is a good solid tight player you can think of calling. I think TribunCaesar/hasenbraten explained this in one of his videos.

The whole point of 3-bet preflop is to either get called by worse or fold better hands. Of course with AK the later is not really an option so if you are playing a good tight player and you 3bet him you wont get any more value from the hand , either taking down his small raise preflop or getting it in while being dominated. That`s a spot you could just call and take a cheap flop if you are in position.
      Well the thing is that 22-AA have better equity than AK, by a big margin on the flop and by 3betting you make them fold (22-JJ, depending on the villain), and when you do hit these same hands will rarely pay you off as its so obvious when you hit (+I find it hard to rep an over pair when I cold called pre)

But I know it is not this clear and and many people like call with AK in position. Those are the people who make hero calls when the under cards come 66% of the time and they somehow know they are not beat when facing a c-bet (which comes like every time).
      Another reason why you would call that I see is deception if you call AK once while always 3betting it before and a thinking villain is aware of it.

You are probably good enough to do this but I know I am not :)