Darhbobo's blog: FL $2/$4

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Dear Poker Strategy sharks :D

Welcome to my FL 6max blog. After Yoghi and Elrio moved their dutch blogs to the english forum, I'm now doing the same. There are just too few active FL players on the Dutch forum to have discussions with. The only player with an active FL blog there is Yoghi. For some reason people seem to find his blog more interesting than mine. I'm still figuring out why! People can behave strange sometimes... ;)

Here's some background info on me: I'm belgian and 25 years old. I discovered Pokerstrategy around oktober 2007, after I read an interview with Schibl0r at Clanbase. Lots of my Quake 3 teammates already played poker regularly so I decided to give it a shot also. At the time I didn't even know the rules of poker. I had never played it before. I passed the quiz, got 50$, played for about 6 months and then right after my switch from 0.25/0.50 FR to SH started struggling. I quit for 6 months, then started back again with better perseverance. After that, I decided to move my blog from the Dutch forum to the English one. :)

I like blogging about my game. Often I just write some thoughts or about leaks that I have found. This way I can find the changes in my game back easily in the future, or see my progress. I also like to be challenged by others. If I write about some leaks that I found for example, I love it if someone finds an error in my reasoning! I learn the quickest when I'm having discussions.

At the moment I'm trying to beat 0.5/1.0 SH and I'm struggling a little with it. I'm running like crap though. Over 20k hands my WTSD was 38.1% and W$SD 49.8%. Combine this with some leaks that I found in my game today, and that must be the reason I'm running at a mere 0.7 BB/100.

I hope to be able to help or inspire some of you, or at least provide a little entertainment :) . Expect this blog to be updated at least once a week!

Here are some graphs to cheer up this wall of text:

Lifetime graph

$0.25/$0.50 SH including stats

$0.5/$1.0 SH including stats
  • 187 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by DarthBobo
      Dear Poker Strategy sharks :D
      Hi and welcome to EN community! Just to make it clear: I'm not one of sharks; just semi-standard fish which knows when to valuebet...

At the moment I'm trying to beat 0.5/1.0 SH and I'm struggling a little with it. I'm running like crap though. Over 20k hands my WTSD was 38.1% and W$SD 49.8%. Combine this with some leaks that I found in my game today, and that must be the reason I'm running at a mere 0.7 BB/100.
      ^ this was the best joke I've heard this week! :D

Really, i expected to read something like -0.7 BB/100 with such low W@SD and you're still BIG winner!
      Man, teach me how to run 38/49.8 at showdown and still be winning player please! I'm not kidding here.. maybe you have some leaks in your game but you must be very good in some situations too (thin valuebetting for example).

I'll follow your blog for sure!

:spade: Good luck at the tables :spade:
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome and the HUGE compliment opal99!

Below is what I discovered yesterday and today. I've done a total of 6 hours leak searching! I have a huge Holdem manager DB and compared my stats with a few sharks at 1/2 and 2/4. Here are a few of their stats:

Just focusing on stats is a not a good idea, but it gives me insight in what spots I play different from solid winning players!

Things I could do to improve my game:
      - My BB fold 2 steal has to drop. 62% seems too much. Perhaps this will change when I move up in limits... I don't know.
      - Fold a little more on the flop instead of giving up later on the turn.
      - Fold river when beat.
      - If facing one limper, think about overlimping instead of doing an isolation raise that is going to be pointless (f.e. when the BB has 70% VPIP.)
      - Play a little looser in an unopened pot, or when facing one limper.
      - Play a little tighter preflop when facing one or more raises.
      - Consider check/raising more on the flop instead of waiting for the turn.
      - Consider raising more on the flop instead of waiting for the turn.
      - I play too much call flop raise turn. I should raise flop more often and lead.

when defending the BB passively against CO or BTN:
      - When deciding not to fold the flop to his CB, I have to raise much more instead of call! This is related to me playing too much Call flop raise turn.
      - Make my decision on the flop instead of the turn.

This was mainly a summary for myself, but I hope that maybe it can help others too!
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Just played 300 hands and ran like a god!
      WTSD 38.0
      W$SD 76.7

65 BB up for today.

To top it off I hit my very first royal flush at the end of the session!
      I'm not happy with the way I played this hand. The turn should've been an instabet! I just checked behind cause I didn't want to get raised having only middlepair. But at that time I didn't realize how many fücking outs I had. It only hit me when the K :club: came.
      Oh well... at least I got paid off nicely :)

Party Poker $0.50/$1.00 Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 110281
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is CO with J :club: Q :club:
      UTG raises, Hero calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: (8 SB) J :heart: A :club: 6 :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls

Turn: (8.5 BB) T :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (8.5 BB) K :club: (3 players)
      SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG folds

Final Pot: 13.5 BB
      Hero shows J :club: Q :club:
      Hero wins 13 BB
      (Rake: $0.50)

I have 1.29 BB/100 now at this limit so I'm very happy :s_biggrin:
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Nice topic title

@opal, I guess he knows how to valuebet even better ;)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Nice topic title

@opal, I guess he knows how to valuebet even better ;)
      yeah; but i'm still better than average fish on my limit, so can live with that :f_cool:
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      [ ] 22k hands is a good samplesize.

I'm on a massive heater! Just played 550 hands and won 61 BB. I'm at a 1.51 BB/100 winrate now.

I wanted to quit and watch TV after 400 hands but the tables were just TOO GOOD!!! I was sitting tables full of fishes. One table I was sitting right behind a maniac (postflop) with 80% VPIP.

I decided to end the session after this hand. Please note the play of BB because that's just OUT OF THIS WORLD! :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused:

Party Poker $0.50/$1.00 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 111284

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP with K :heart: K :spade:
      UTG calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps!, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop: (12.5 SB) 9 :club: 3 :club: 4 :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps!, BB calls, UTG calls

Turn: (12.25 BB) 4 :spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB calls

River: (15.25 BB) 6 :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB raises, UTG calls, Hero calls

Final Pot: 21.25 BB
      MP2 shows A :diamond: A :spade:
      BB shows 5 :heart: 7 :spade:
      BB wins 20.75 BB
      (Rake: $0.50)
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      It looks like karma has finally turned in my favour. Just had another crazy poker session.

Decided to give $1/$2 a shot, despite having only a 470BB bankroll for it.

Ran like Mozes.

btw I wouldn't have taken the shot if it weren't for those tables swimming full of fishes. :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

The 0.5/1.0 tables weren't very good today.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey DarthBobo

Nice to have another FL blog... there are way too many of these other weird poker variants clogging the boards so you are obviously very welcome!

Looks like a pretty decent run you're having too (even if you don't think so!). I think I'm running at around 0.50BB/100 at $.50/$1 SH through ~20k hands so I envy your domination of this limit! :s_evil:
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      thanks Waiboy I feel flattered :D

today:
      Stars is sure making it hard for me not to sin!

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Today was a big wakeup call. I don't think I won a HU on the flop.

-56$ over 310 hands.
      WTSD 42.7
      W$SD 36.8
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hello!

nice blog, it's nice to see another FL blog and at the same limits as I currently play :) . may I just ask you on which platform you're playing and what's your nickname there :) ?

regards,

primzi
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I'm -- on pokerstars.

You play on stars as well? Nick?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      nick: primzib

according to my HEM we've played 11 hands together and have no profit off each other :P .
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I took a small break, and also played my first 800 hands of NL ever this weekend :f_eek: . I played BSS at NL10 . It's nice... but got boring after a while. You really need a lot of patience for it.

I only read a few BSS articles but I have the feeling I did well. I have no clue what to do when someone else makes a big reraise or goes all-in though! That's where I messed up :) . Won 20$ in 790 hands, then lost all of it in the last 10 of them. :) One funny thing is that my stats were exactly the same as in FL, the only difference was WTSD and AF.

The break worked like a charm. I'm a lot more concentrated than before and played better. This evening I had the unluckiest session of my life (I have no better words for it) and didn't tilt at all. Nice!

I won't bother you with the details of the session. The forum is always full of people who feel unlucky, and I hate it when people make those posts with 10 suckout hands to provide evidence that they are in fact the unluckiest player in the world! :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I won't bother you with the details of the session. The forum is always full of people who feel unlucky, and I hate it when people make those posts with 10 suckout hands to provide evidence that they are in fact the unluckiest player in the world! :)
      This is so true.... especially when it's obvious that I am the unlukiest player in the world... I just don't feel the need to prove it. :f_tongue:

Nice to see ya back DB - don't worry, these little flirtations are okay every now and then, just remember it's FL that loves you... :f_love:
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      It's not going too well atm. I'm really not so sure if FL loves me Waiboy :)

These are the last few sessions I played. It's about 3100 hands.
      I'm very happy I have my emotions under control. I rarely, if ever tilt. I'm just getting annoyed sometimes...

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      For some unknown reason I really enjoyed FL again today.

Here's May so far:

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      It's not going too well atm. I'm really not so sure if FL loves me Waiboy :)
      Oh, don't worry, FL loves you... it just likes to slap you around a bit every now and then. Which of course is an abusive relationship....

Actually, maybe you're right DarthBobo... I'm ringing someone for some help right now... :f_cry:
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Looks like I'm not immune to tilt after all. I barely have words for this crap session!!

EVERY time I opened I got 3bet. After that I NEVER hit the flop and had to fold the hand or go to showdown and watch myself lose.

hands: 925
      number of 2outers that hit against me: 179.
      WTSD: 38.7
      W$SD: 48.5
      Showdown winnings: 20$
      Non-Showdown winnings: -150$
      Result: -130$

final hand of the day (yes I'm breaking my own loser-hating rule here):

Party Poker $1.00/$2.00 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 127668

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP with K :heart: K :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls

Flop: (4.5 SB) A :heart: 2 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero calls

River: (5.25 BB) K :club: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps!, BB calls

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
      BB shows 5 :heart: 4 :spade:
      Hero shows K :heart: K :diamond:
      BB wins 12.75 BB
      (Rake: $1.00)