2 SHC questions

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I have 2 questions about the SHC's:

1. The Bronze FR SHC recommends reraising against a raise and at least 1 call with AQo. But the 3-bet chart only recommends reraising with AQo against a raiser in the MP or later. So, what should I do if there's a raise from UTG with 1 caller?

2. On the first page in the first article in the gold section it says:

"Open Limping
      An open limp is a call where you are the first player entering the pot. According to the starting hands chart in the beginners section, you do that with a hand like 77 in UTG."

I think that's good too, but I can't find it in the SHC chart. The beginners SHC recommends limping with 22-88 only when there are 2 callers. So, what shall i do with the 77's UTG?

Best Wishes
      ZeroDegrees
  • 2 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      1. If there is a raise + call you look at "Calling/Raising with raises and
      callers in front of you" chart, no matter what position they are an no matter in what order they raise + call.
      "3-Bet against a raise from these positions including small blind defence" is only against one player.

2. I think this article implies to an older SHC chart, where you could limp with some PP. This new chart is no much better.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ok Corey. I thought so too. I don't feel comfortable 3-betting against a raise from EP and a call/-s though. What's the deeper meaning of this? Pot odds somehow, greater pay offs when hitting TP Q's or straights?

ZeroDegrees