This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2 SHC questions

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I have 2 questions about the SHC's:

1. The Bronze FR SHC recommends reraising against a raise and at least 1 call with AQo. But the 3-bet chart only recommends reraising with AQo against a raiser in the MP or later. So, what should I do if there's a raise from UTG with 1 caller?

2. On the first page in the first article in the gold section it says:

"Open Limping
      An open limp is a call where you are the first player entering the pot. According to the starting hands chart in the beginners section, you do that with a hand like 77 in UTG."

I think that's good too, but I can't find it in the SHC chart. The beginners SHC recommends limping with 22-88 only when there are 2 callers. So, what shall i do with the 77's UTG?

Best Wishes
      ZeroDegrees
  • 2 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      1. If there is a raise + call you look at "Calling/Raising with raises and
      callers in front of you" chart, no matter what position they are an no matter in what order they raise + call.
      "3-Bet against a raise from these positions including small blind defence" is only against one player.

2. I think this article implies to an older SHC chart, where you could limp with some PP. This new chart is no much better.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Ok Corey. I thought so too. I don't feel comfortable 3-betting against a raise from EP and a call/-s though. What's the deeper meaning of this? Pot odds somehow, greater pay offs when hitting TP Q's or straights?

ZeroDegrees