Weekly Vote: When Do You Like To Play Poker?

• Poll
    • At What Time Do You Usually Play Poker?

In the evening
        Late at night
        At noon
        In the morning
      Total: 155 Votes
    • vhallee
      Before getting answers like "I always like to play poker!!!111" let's take into consideration the factors that influence your game time: maybe you have a day job or studies, maybe you are a night person and you play during the day, maybe you play only according to the poker room time zones, etc.

All in all, what part of the day is better for you to play poker? Let's see when can we expect to see the highest concentration of PokerStrategists at the tables :s_cool:
  • 24 replies
    • deVall3y
      where is option: All of the above? :D I dont have a specific time, I just play when I feel like it :f_cool:
    • p0kerQT
      I play whenever I get the chance, but I think I feel more focused in the evenings so I guess thats the best time to play for me :)
    • CoreySteel
      Usually I have time only in the evening/at nights, so I play around 22:00-02:00 CET.
    • drachdudek
      :s_cool: Very good question and post.

I think the timing of playing poker is one of the mayor importance, especially if you have a daytime regular job, or you have other hobies and activities and if you are not a professional online poker player.

I usually (90% of time), play early in the morning. My concetration is the best in the time when i wake up (i go to bed earlier of course). Also i have a regular job, so i can not play in a daytime or in the evening, as i have other things, hobies and activities...

Also that is why i look on the proper timezone of play, so mostly i play in US friendly rooms. :f_cool: as players are less concetrated :f_eek: in that time...late at night in the US.... =)
    • Hackett77
      Yes I need an 'All of the above' too

I ideally i want to structure my day where I get up at like 3am (UK) and start my day of poker then as this is by far the most profitable time for me and I hate going to bed as it is now at say 5am thinking im missing alot of value just because i need some sleep! (US fish are plenty)

At the moment I tend to do anything the needs doing when I wake up each day (usually very late), this sometimes even involves going out into the real world ?(

then I go eat and go do some poker strategy stuff, watch some videos, do some analasys etc then start my poker sessions, usually 2, from say 6pm-9pm then 11pm until 5-6am with a few half hour breaks here and there.
    • fun101rockets
      late at night usually b/c that is when i have the most spare time.
    • kenthmp
      I play early in the morning (my timezone) because that's when US players are playing and also when the traffic is high.
    • MancaMulas
      I play after dinner! I cannot be hungry when I play
    • Berzerger
      I can play at any time when I'm awake, and given my flexible schedule that varies a lot. But the peak hours on most platforms are 23:00-00:00 (my timezone), so I preferably start playing in the evening and wrap the session up late at night.
    • Katavich
      I play in the evening because thats peak hour at my platform and then are most of the fishes. :f_biggrin: :f_cool: :f_p: :f_biggrin:
    • Yoghi
      I always play
    • TheBrood
      In the afternoon is best time to catch fish, sometimes at night.

I play 2-3 1-2hr sessions a day, whenever Im focused and without distractions.

Voted "evening" but it should be "afternoon".
    • straddler71
      I usually play 4 hours in the afternoon and another 4 in the evening. But lately its just been one session in the afternoon.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I always play
    • RockEye
      I especially like hours from 8pm - 10 pm. It's the time when i make a good profit.
      when i play at mornings i am usually loosing. Maybe only sharks play at mornings. Oh i am talking GMT +1 time.
    • SheepMoose
      In my dreams. It's the only time when I can actually win.
    • alejandrosh
      1pm-xpm ET when playing mtt, cash after I wake up, so 1-3 am :f_biggrin:
    • Xantos
      Makes sense without a time zone! :P
    • DaPhunk
      In the extremely Early morning (like 5 or 6am or something) Is the time I've encountered the fishiest tables but altogether theres hardly any of them around. I play in the evening till a bit after midnight (or 2am) as that is when traffic is Highest...

GMT time.