New Video Player Feedback Thread

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      We have released a brand new version for our Video Player. As you may notice, whenever you open a video, you will have the option to switch to the new version (and back, if you wish) right below it.

New features of the player:

- Streaming allows jumping within the video withou previous buffering
      - direct hotlinking of time designations like XX:YY. Typing e.g. 13:45 will be linked and, if clicked, the player jumps to that position in the video.

Since this is a new project, we want to make sure you are all able to benefit from it, so we would appreciate if you could test the new Video Player and answer these questions:

1) How many seconds you had to wait for buffering after the preloader ended?
      2) How many seconds you had to wait after jumping within the video?
      3) Where are you based (Country/State)
      4) Which internet connection and which provider do you have?
      5) Is there any difference between Black Member Party Videos and Poker Videos?
      6) What is your general feedback?

Please post your answers to these questions in this thread.
  • 7 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      1. 0 secs
      2. 1-3 secs
      3. Slovakia
      4. provider: Antik; 100+MBit up/down
      5. maybe just coincidence but BM vids immediately run after jumping while in poker vid I had to wait a second or two
      6. very nice :) those zoom features (especially new window) are very helpful

Where's the "hotlinking"? can't find it :/
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      1. 0 secs
      2. 1-3 secs
      3. Slovakia
      4. provider: Antik; 100+MBit up/down
      5. maybe just coincidence but BM vids immediately run after jumping while in poker vid I had to wait a second or two
      6. very nice :) those zoom features (especially new window) are very helpful

Where's the "hotlinking"? can't find it :/
      Hi opal99,

The 'hotlinking' feature refers to comments in the video section. For example, if you want to discuss a specific hand which took place at 12min 45sec in the video, you can write "12:45" in your comment and a link will be automatically added there, allowing you to jump to that part in the video. (to put it simple: "at 12:45, why did you check-raise him?")

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      1. up to 1s
      2. up to 1s
      3. Czech Republic
      4. O2 8Mbit
      5. No
      6. playing the video in new window finally works for me, great job :)
    • numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      1. 0 sec
      2. 0.5 - 1 sec
      3. Bulgaria
      4. BTC, 12 Mbit
      5. Jumping in poker videos is not working fine for me. When I jump ahead the audio runs fine but the video freezes and stays that way. I tried it with some of the bronze and silver FL videos and only the last video (6-max Dutch/English special coaching) works fine. Every other poker video freezes after jumping and I can hear only the audio. There's no such problem with the BM Party videos. I tested with both IE and Firefox.
      6. It looks better than the old player. :)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      The new video player is absolutely great. I will test it further when I get back home. It's look good and really fast. Remove the old player not necessary at all.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      The new video player looks sick. Although I cannot give my reports on timing as I've gone over my download limit and am at a current download rate of 7kb/s. :rolleyes:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I like it because it seems to work better in firefox, when you click the new window button :)