Stack
      Hero:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $81.98
      BU:
      $32.35

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, BU calls $1.50, SB folds, Hero calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.75) 2:spade: , 3:spade: , K:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $4.00, BU folds, Hero raises to $16.75, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $25.50

pf call ok? Should I just call? Raise less?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would prefer 3-bet
      c/r is fine on that board. I'd make it 12$ to increase him shoving/calling with draws and worse Kx hands
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I would prefer 3-bet
      c/r is fine on that board. I'd make it 12$ to increase him shoving/calling with draws and worse Kx hands
      I realize 3bet pf is better but how to play if I miss? what if cbet on dry board is called?
    • gudalemandele
      gudalemandele
      Bronze
      Why is 3-bet the way to go pre?

You are OOP and KQs is only a strong hand post if you hit it. A 3-bet pre will get you into trouble very often, I think.

I'd say call/fold is the way to go, and a smaller flop raise is the way to go.

I hope you can explain me, why 3-bet is recommended - thank you :)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Like you said - KQ is hard to play oop and without initiative, and that's where you get by calling.

By 3betting you're often taking it down preflop or with a cbet against stronger hands that missed.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I would prefer 3-bet
      I realize 3bet pf is better but how to play if I miss? what if cbet on dry board is called?
      c/f turn likely, but I doubt players would float there a lot of times, but it depends too much against specific opponent to tell you if you should c/f turn, b/f turn or c/rai.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gudalemandele
      Why is 3-bet the way to go pre?

You are OOP and KQs is only a strong hand post if you hit it. A 3-bet pre will get you into trouble very often, I think.

I'd say call/fold is the way to go, and a smaller flop raise is the way to go.

I hope you can explain me, why 3-bet is recommended - thank you :)
      3-bet is very powerful, because it builds pot and would put other players uncomfortable situation.
      both MP3 and BU are quite loose pf and if you 3-bet they would often have to fold, since they would holds worse hands (which is fine), if you 3-bet relentlessly then they would fight back with 4-bets or just calling with wider range to make some moves on some boards (or just call you down with lighter).
      If you 3-bet only with AK/QQ-AA, then it is very easy to play against you, since all the worse hands would fold and all the best hands would likely 4-bet/get all-in or call to setmine
      so widening your 3-bet range with AQ, KQ, AJ imo is never bad idea, especially against loose player who would likely call with worse hands
      NL50 level people likely would 4-bet with AA/KK/QQ/AK, so if you flop to pair, you´re likely going with your hand a lot of times postflop and likely are ahead.
      imo only hand that you could loose is AQ, where they could flat pf, but that is also most of the times not the case, since they afraid too many times AK and would just fold it pf.
      hope it helped why 3-betting wider can be useful.