BB bets $25.70 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $68.25

When do I fold this?
  • 8 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      i think call on turn has no sense.

And i would raise on flop and consider what to do on his reraise.

After that i would evalate my hand again.

TURN is fold becouse river cannot bring you neither one card you want. Even A is not ok there,

This is my oppinion far away from official:) )
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think turn is a fold as well... =/ I managed to convince myself he could be on AK though. Silly me.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If I were not too sure how to play this postf, I would play straightforward pf.

- I would raise flop and stack any K, possibly even a Q
      - On turn I shove for same reason as flop
      - If he has KK, QQ or KQ you can't do much about it imo
      - Im not sure you can fold on the river to those 27% pot odds.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Any read on that player ? His 3bet oop is really small, which makes me think he's a somewhat bad player. So he either has something he deems very strong, in which case 4betting him preflop likely won't make him fold, or he has a range we can't really define accurately, which is gonna make it harder for us to slowplay AA as he could hit any flop in a variety of ways.

I would just 4bet preflop unless i have a pretty good idea of what that guy is 3betting, so i can avoid getting stacked on bad flop textures.

Flop play really depends on who that guy is and what level he's thinking on, if he is thinking at all. By raising you're basically representing 33, slowplayed AK/AA/KK/QQ, KQ and maybe JT when you raise a flop that is so dry. That's a really thin range.

- If he doesn't realize that, then raising and getting it in to stack a Kx is fine.
      - If he does realize that but thinks you don't, then you might stack him as well and maybe make him rebluff you with air type stuff.
      - If he does realize that and thinks you do too, then he might get away from it and you might prefer to just call, to represent something like AQ or JJ that can't fold to the c-bet but doesn't feel that strong either.

On the turn if you decide not to fold for whatever reason then you're playing for stacks. Your opponent is pot committed, so i'd shove over on the turn to prevent the board from getting even uglier than it already is, as i don't think he's ever folding anyway.

Hope these random thoughts make sense.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would just 4-bet this pf too. As played I think by raising flop you are just getting value from AK , which is not that likely since you hold the aces and isolating against KK/QQ.I don`t think he will hold KQ there often enough. There are 6 combinations of AK left and 6 of the KK/QQ. Since he is almost always going to barrel his money in with AK and there are just 2 outs he is drawing to there , I would also just call the flop. But on the turn no point in just calling again , every AK will stack off there if you put him all in , you might still get a call from an T , even AQ if he decided to 2nd barrel because he is commited anyway.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Why 4 bet....he would like to extract value with AA so there is no need for 4 play. Preflop is ok and he is on possition
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      You 4-bet because:

a) You still get value from most of his good hands. Like tamairlarace he 3-bets too small being OOP so he might as well be a weakish player so he might still call light.

b) You don`t want to get into ugly spots postflop against unknown. If you are against a player you have some history on and know his style of play sure you can just call to trap , but against unknown it`s always better to play straightforward , at least imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you´re a littlebit deeper I don´t think he´d 3-bet there too light, so I´d like to 4-bet there 12$, which looks a lot like bluff and I think he´d shove over that JJ+/AK
      On that flop I like more raising, he doesn´t fold there AK and if he happens to have KK/QQ you end up paying him off anyway.
      And don´t think he´d put a lot more money in the pot with worse hands
      Turn sucks, but he´d likely bet with AK, not sure if you should shove/call or fold.
      Calling is likely fine, since you hold overpair and he could sometimes double barrel and since you´re likely calling on blank river I think shoving is a little better option than call.
      Folding river is fine, I don´t think he bluffs there too many times